The Biden Presidency 2021

September 24th, 2021 at 8:41:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 155
Posts: 13353
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
Quote: ams288
OOPS:

Quote:
GOP AZ audit affirms President Biden beat former President Trump, as Maricopa County said in November.

Early versions of the Arizona audit report include results that show Trump lost by a wider margin than the county's official election results.


So who is going to be the "Paul Harvey" here and post "the rest of the story".


So…. What was “the rest of the story?”

Honestly curious what you think could make this hilarious debacle for Donny somehow less embarrassing…


Donny’s not smart enough to make the point that should be made…. How the frick was there a miscount by 300+ votes? IT IS COUNTING, not advanced calculus! This is 300+ votes in JUST ONE COUNTY in the USA! Why can’t we find people WHO CAN COUNT the first time? Of course it is embarrassing for the Repubs, but it is embarrassing for ALL OF US!


Counting is pretty boring over the long run. All you need is your mind to wander for a few seconds. Was it 259, or 269? Do I really want to start this stack of couple hundred over again?
The Trumpie Pledge: Loyalty first, America and principles second.
September 26th, 2021 at 5:04:18 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Member since: Oct 28, 2012
Threads: 130
Posts: 3379
For the sake of argument, let's say those who claim voter fraud gave Biden the election are completely wrong.* However, elections should be cleaned up and this huge proportion of mail-in voting that has come to pass has to reverse. No machines that don't require a ballot that can be later counted. Harvesting made very difficult by procedures. The country can't take more of this doubt.


* I'm somewhat satisfied that fraud was insufficient to tip the 2020 election, but I do suspect fraud really increased [there will always be some]. Maybe GA, PA, should be Trump states, but it wouldn't be enough
Politics! Imagine any other activity where it is OK to openly obsess over race and ethnicity
September 26th, 2021 at 5:27:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 155
Posts: 13353
Quote: odiousgambit
For the sake of argument, let's say those who claim voter fraud gave Biden the election are completely wrong.* However, elections should be cleaned up and this huge proportion of mail-in voting that has come to pass has to reverse. No machines that don't require a ballot that can be later counted. Harvesting made very difficult by procedures. The country can't take more of this doubt.


* I'm somewhat satisfied that fraud was insufficient to tip the 2020 election, but I do suspect fraud really increased [there will always be some]. Maybe GA, PA, should be Trump states, but it wouldn't be enough


Seriously, in the reverse situation, how would you answer if Democrat supporters had all the official audits done, court challenges with Democrat appointed judges, and even privately funded audits that still didn't show they won but they still claimed they did?

I just watched Trump supporters from a rally yesterday, still saying the Arizona audit didn't show Biden won.
The Trumpie Pledge: Loyalty first, America and principles second.
September 26th, 2021 at 6:41:32 PM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 19
Posts: 8777
Maybe this is why everyone* hates the GOP? Dem’s “radical” ideas are extremely popular with the American public.



*yes, I know, not everyone hates them. But all the cool kids do
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 27th, 2021 at 8:55:27 AM permalink
RonC
Member since: Nov 7, 2012
Threads: 7
Posts: 1612
Quote: ams288
Maybe this is why everyone* hates the GOP? Dem’s “radical” ideas are extremely popular with the American public.


Class warfare, making "them" pay for it, more unfunded mandates, etc. are all popular with the people who will benefit from them. I will even say some of them could be good...except they won't be paid for as promised and the tax increases will not stop at those mysterious rich folks. It will take more money.

The "free community college" deal will be federally supported at 100% of a while, then 80%, etc. The 20% won't go away; it will be shifted to the States. The States will then have to find the money. This will be a common theme--programs unfunded or with funding lowered and passed on--of this legislation.

What happened to the Democrat party that believed in more work and less welfare?
China Lied...How Many There Really Died?
September 27th, 2021 at 11:13:18 AM permalink
Tanko
Member since: Aug 15, 2019
Threads: 0
Posts: 951
Quote: ams288
...Dem’s “radical” ideas are extremely popular with the American public.


That's because they're too stupid to realize they have to pay for it.

Medicare is expected to be insolvent in four years. How are the Dems going to pay for that expansion?

Tax the Rich.

The top 1% of taxpayers, earn 21% of the total income and pay 40% of the total Federal tax revenues. To tax them at their ‘fair share’, would require lowering their tax rate by at least 50%.
September 27th, 2021 at 11:25:24 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 21
Posts: 3156
Quote: Tanko


Tax the Rich.

The top 1% of taxpayers, earn 21% of the total income and pay 40% of the total Federal tax revenues. To tax them at their ‘fair share’, would require lowering their tax rate by at least 50%.


It is a matter of opinion as to what "fair" means when it comes to taxes. I can see someone arguing that each taxpayer pays THE SAME amount of taxes. I can see someone arguing like you did, that each taxpayer pays PROPORTIONALLY according to their income. And most people believe it is fair that the rich pay the DISPROPORTIONATE lion's share of the tax levy.

I am in the third camp. I believe that I have been fortunate to be able to get into that tax bracket to pay more than a bunch of families combined. I couldn't have done it without many aids that tax dollars paid for, such as good public schools, loans for college and Med school, infrastructure that allowed me to succeed, etc...

But..... Biden WILL NOT acknowledge that the rich ALREADY pay a disproportionate share of the tax levy, and the argument is really HOW MUCH of a disproportionate share they should pay. WHATEVER rate the rich are taxed at, the Democrats/Progressives/Liberals will feel it is never enough.

For emphasis.... THE TOP 1% OF TAXPAYERS PAY 40% OF THE TOTAL FEDERAL TAX REVENUES.
September 27th, 2021 at 11:33:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 155
Posts: 13353
Quote: SOOPOO
It is a matter of opinion as to what "fair" means when it comes to taxes. I can see someone arguing that each taxpayer pays THE SAME amount of taxes. I can see someone arguing like you did, that each taxpayer pays PROPORTIONALLY according to their income. And most people believe it is fair that the rich pay the DISPROPORTIONATE lion's share of the tax levy.

I am in the third camp. I believe that I have been fortunate to be able to get into that tax bracket to pay more than a bunch of families combined. I couldn't have done it without many aids that tax dollars paid for, such as good public schools, loans for college and Med school, infrastructure that allowed me to succeed, etc...

But..... Biden WILL NOT acknowledge that the rich ALREADY pay a disproportionate share of the tax levy, and the argument is really HOW MUCH of a disproportionate share they should pay. WHATEVER rate the rich are taxed at, the Democrats/Progressives/Liberals will feel it is never enough.

For emphasis.... THE TOP 1% OF TAXPAYERS PAY 40% OF THE TOTAL FEDERAL TAX REVENUES.


Actually Biden often talks about the top 50 corporations essentially paying no tax, not individuals.
The Trumpie Pledge: Loyalty first, America and principles second.
September 27th, 2021 at 11:40:44 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 21
Posts: 3156
Quote: rxwine
Actually Biden often talks about the top 50 corporations essentially paying no tax, not individuals.


He must be smart enough to know that when I get a dividend from a corporation I PAY THE INCOME TAX on it. If he taxes the corporation then they DO NOT have that money to give me a dividend. NOT rocket science.

There ARE corporations, like Berkshire Hathaway, that pay NO dividends (Buffett is largest (legal) tax evader on the planet). Don't tax corporations; just make them pay dividends on their profits.
September 27th, 2021 at 12:17:26 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 54
Posts: 8777
Quote: SOOPOO
He must be smart enough to know that when I get a dividend from a corporation I PAY THE INCOME TAX on it.

You don't reinvest your dividends???????????
I don't ever touch my dividends

Dividends are peanuts anyway
Just a fraction of the profits
The people via the govt deserve a bigger cut
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"