The Biden Presidency 2021

October 12th, 2021 at 10:37:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
Not sure that is relevant since Trump lost in 2020.

Well, at least your mind is healthy enough for you to be able to openly admit this. Must give credit where it is due.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 12th, 2021 at 2:58:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Looks like #FJB spreading to those from those white supremacists in the South

I think its funny
I have yet to hear it and I've been to college football games and rodeos
I'm ok with it
People want to get in the gutter due to intense hatred
Go for it
Is Matt Goetz gonna yell this in the House
Go for it Matt lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 12th, 2021 at 3:55:49 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
When the Commander in Chief gets soldiers killed by not listening to his generals,
Americans tend to get pissed. You can call it "getting in the gutter" or whatever you want.

Trump may have pissed off some Gold Star Families,
The House Plant's policies have gone a step further to create new Gold Star Families.
Pretty obvious which action is worse.

The "non-gutter" version, "Let's Go Brandon" shirts are selling fast.
It doesn't get much better than that when it comes to giving Joe The Bird.
What's equally hilarious is Joe thinking he has some sort of mandate with his approval rating in the 30's.
Talk about tone deaf!
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
October 12th, 2021 at 4:27:56 PM permalink
ams288
I had to Google “Lets Go Brandon” to know what the heck the righties are foaming at the mouth about.

Hasn’t broken in to the mainstream consciousness. Only those predisposed to hate any Dem have any clue what it means.
October 12th, 2021 at 5:15:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
When the Commander in Chief gets soldiers killed by not listening to his generals,
Americans tend to get pissed. You can call it "getting in the gutter" or whatever you want.

Reality
Over 2k killed in Afghanistan
Only a fraction on Biden's watch
Republicans should run TV ads and mass produced posters officially getting into the gutter
Independents and Soccer Moms will flock to a campaign using the F word (sarcasm)
Go for it. Scream loud, lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 12th, 2021 at 5:16:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Who cares about two people suing for defamation?
Good luck to them, their attorneys are going to take 70% of anything they get in expenses & contingent fees.
"Fire with Fire"? You go get 'em this is huge news to absolutely no one.

I think it's great! Anyone on any side of the political spectrum making false accusations in elections that continually aren't proved ought to have financial costs extracted from them. I don't care if the lawyers take it all either.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 12th, 2021 at 10:58:54 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: terapined
Reality

None were killed on "Biden's Watch"
The House Plant wasn't watching, that's the point.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
October 13th, 2021 at 4:39:07 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Reality

That "fraction" was lost in an operation that was poorly planned and executed. All the "Trump did..." excuses are worthless because he has not been President since January. The President, or whoever the puppet master might be, knows exactly where the mighty pen is that can change any previous policy instantly. Consider all that he has done to screw things up/make things better (depends upon your point of view).

If his trusted advisors--ones he picked or allowed to remain in place--truly told him it was going to be a shit show, as they stated that did when they testified before Congress, he could have at least tried to change the trajectory of the mission. Getting out could have been done a lot better.

Now we have unvetted people coming both from the border and the airlift. We have left behind thousands who helped us and some unknown number of citizens.

On another endless war related note, perhaps we need the draft so that people who make these decisions, and those who elect them, have some chance of having real skin in the game all the time (some do serve, thank you for your service!). I was out hunting with retired Marine Colonel this week--he did 8 tours over that way. We are sending non-career folks three or four times in a normal enlistment. The in and out tours, along with the normal horrors of war, are causing lots of mental health issues in addition to the physical injuries of combat. A draft would allow for a larger pool of people going to the battlefield less often and a population more involved overall in the battles we fight and the places we go.

The draft would fail to represent the lower income population equally since we have failed to educate them in schools that somehow we are trying to screw up even more...but that is for another day...
October 13th, 2021 at 4:59:26 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
All the "Trump did..." excuses are worthless because he has not been President since January.

This seems to be a common refrain lately amongst the Biden haters.

We’re apparently not allowed to talk about Donny’s disastrous presidency anymore. Well, he’s threatening to run again - so he’s fair game.

Till he’s dead and buried in the ground, he is unfortunately relevant to political discussions.
October 13th, 2021 at 5:31:50 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
This seems to be a common refrain lately amongst the Biden haters.

We’re apparently not allowed to talk about Donny’s disastrous presidency anymore. Well, he’s threatening to run again - so he’s fair game.

Till he’s dead and buried in the ground, he is unfortunately relevant to political discussions.

I don't care if you talk about him forever; stuff done by Presidents is always open for debate and discussion. He will be relevant to political discussions way past the end of his life. Some Presidents are more discussed than others, but all of their names come up in discussions at some point.

He is also fair game as a political figure, just as all the others in the political arena are. Just like in Virginia they trotted out the last Democrat president instead of the current one is open for discussion.

Of course, you missed the point entirely. Blaming Trump for a bad agreement and failing to accept accountability for the failure to do anything about it puts the issue clearly on Biden's plate, too. Trump's plan wasn't perfect. Trump was not reelected and he was not in office to carry out the plan. President Biden won, changed a zillion things, yet he ignored advice and seemingly failed to ask a simple question like..."if this plan is all jacked up, how can we unscrew it and make it better"?

That is what leaders do.