The Biden Presidency 2021

December 2nd, 2021 at 9:25:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Republicans have been hammering the Biden administration over inflation. Democrats have tried to respond by blaming supply-chain shortages caused by the pandemic. But Republican senator Tom Cotton has a completely different theory: He blames inflation on Donald Trump’s poor selection to lead the Federal Reserve.

Cotton’s view, laid out in a Wall Street Journal op-ed, places the blame for inflation squarely on Jerome Powell, the Fed’s chairman. “Mr. Powell’s Fed has forced millions of American families to choose whether to pay the mortgage, feed their families, fill up their gas tanks, heat their homes or buy Christmas presents,” he argues.

Cotton makes this case in the course of explaining his forthcoming vote against Powell’s renomination. And obviously, Cotton is not trying to blame Trump (whose name does not appear in his column). But the reason Powell has the job in the first place is that Donald Trump appointed him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/republican-senator-tom-cotton-admits-trump-not-biden-caused-inflation/ar-AARosJV?ocid=msedgntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 2nd, 2021 at 12:11:55 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
You really can look at what's going on with Captain Poopypants Administration and think it was all so much worse under Trump.

Trump was willing to rape the environment in order to generate economic growth: Biden is not.

On this score, I side with Biden.

I did support Trump's get tough on immigration policy, but building a wall is ridiculous; the simple solution is to end "catch and release."

The job issue is too murky to understand due to the impact of covid; there are lots of jobs out there, people just don't want to work: is that Biden's fault?
December 2nd, 2021 at 1:20:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC

I told people to have hope about his Presidency. I was wrong.

Captain poopy pants was a saggy assed senile old man when he ran his campaign. He rarely came out in public and when he did he fumbled and mumbled and bumbled his way through speeches too tiny crowds of almost nobody. Why would anybody think after he was elected he was magically going to change into anything else other than a senile fumbling bumbling saggy assed old man. He is the polar opposite of a dynamic game changer or uniter. He's a professional career politician who accomplished nothing in a 50-year career in Washington. Why would that change just because his party stolen the election for him. I don't get it. He's everything he was on the campaign trail and even less, if that's possible.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 2nd, 2021 at 3:01:12 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Captain poopy pants was a saggy assed senile old man when he ran his campaign. He rarely came out in public and when he did he fumbled and mumbled and bumbled his way through speeches too tiny crowds of almost nobody. Why would anybody think after he was elected he was magically going to change into anything else other than a senile fumbling bumbling saggy assed old man. He is the polar opposite of a dynamic game changer or uniter. He's a professional career politician who accomplished nothing in a 50-year career in Washington. Why would that change just because his party stolen the election for him. I don't get it. He's everything he was on the campaign trail and even less, if that's possible.

Accomplished nothing? Biden accomplished this:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 2nd, 2021 at 5:06:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288

It was also the high point of the Trump presidency.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 2nd, 2021 at 6:49:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine

Another candidate for that dubious honor would have to be the day he grabbed some hangers on and marched over to St. John's church and held up a bible.

Trump holding up a bible?

Hell, he's not religious, unless the term "religion" can be defined as believing only in oneself and their ability to manipulate and control.

December 3rd, 2021 at 4:44:13 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I know.

You are NOT delusional like those who think the election was stolen or Jan. 6th was a false flag, but you are a right winger. Not a moderate. You use constant “both sides” false equivalences to deflect from the cancers within your party.

Yawn. Have you ever talked about issues with the Biden WH? The Democrat party?

I do post things about both parties but what you call "false equivalencies" are not always meant to equate two items to each other exactly; rather, they are to point out that lefties here have very little to say about the failures of their party but lots to say about everything that the other party does wrong.

You do what you do; I'll do what I do. This isn't a real conversation anyway...mostly just people talking at each other.
December 3rd, 2021 at 5:16:38 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Yawn. Have you ever talked about issues with the Biden WH? The Democrat party?

Why would I? I’m not here to pretend “both sides” are bad.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 3rd, 2021 at 5:43:51 AM permalink
RonC
Why would I? I’m not here to pretend “both sides” are bad.

Both parties are bad. It isn't pretend at all. Different, yes. One good, one bad. That is a joke.
December 3rd, 2021 at 5:54:14 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine

For those who liked that happening, it will likely go down as the high point of the Biden Presidency.

Not really much to hang a four year term on.

He's on track to be a worse President than Carter. At least Carter did a lot of great charity work after he was retired.