Celebrating Juneteenth

Page 12 of 13« First<910111213>
June 26th, 2021 at 3:01:59 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Provide proof of claimed election fraus sufficient to warrant overturning the election.

I'll wait ...
June 27th, 2021 at 5:38:01 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: missedhervee
Provide proof of claimed election fraus sufficient to warrant overturning the election.

I'll wait ...

There are none. Even Trump's election investigation taskforce was disbanded because of lack of evidence (the one he started while President), there has never been an issue with election security (well not since the 1960s).

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-01-10/trump-commision-on-election-integrity-found-no-evidence-of-voter-fraud

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_Advisory_Commission_on_Election_Integrity

There Heritage Foundation did its own investigation, which is heavily biased (in favor of finding vote fraud). They evaluated election related conviction and charges back to 1990. In over 30 years they found 1200 conviction (rounding up in their favor), this sounds like a lot, but this an evaluation of every election (including school board and local) in every State (and D.C) for thirty years. 1200 cases over every election in thirty years? Its a nothing burger, even if they act like its a massive issue.....

30 years of data, 1400 cases (rounding up in their favor) of instances of voter fraud, 1200 convictions, 50 civil actions. Its a statistical nothing....

And, read some of these cases. Much of the "voter fraud" has nothing to do with actual voting (fake websites containing fake endorsements, offering cigarettes to homeless people to go vote, petition fraud -faking petitions to get your petition in front of the applicable board-, illegal use of robocalling, etc...), charges that most people would think has little to do with direct voter fraud (in the sense that illegal votes cast are changing the election).

The actual cases of people voting twice (duplicate or multiple voting), voting on somebody else ballot are scarce, or voting when legally prohibited (false registration). And, even if 100% of the 1200 were such, its still a statistical nothing. This is why this study is so controversial because it lumps so many convictions into "voter convictions". However, even giving them the benefit of all doubt, the numbers are still a nothing (again every election, in every State and DC over thirty years and you can find 1200 convictions of vaguely election related charges and pass it off as a massive problem?) .

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud
June 27th, 2021 at 5:50:07 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Perhaps a final nail in the bogus republitrump "election fraud" mantra is the decision by the NY State bar association to take away Giuliani's license to practice law due to him repeatedly arguing in courts that there was election fraud which affected the final result, i.e. that the election was "stolen."

The only thing he and his cronies "stole" was Donny's credibility, such as it may have been at the time...

"In a ruling released following disciplinary proceedings, the court concluded that "there is uncontroverted evidence" that Giuliani, the former Manhattan US attorney, "communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump's failed effort at reelection in 2020."
Giuliani's "conduct immediately threatens the public interest and warrants interim suspension from the practice of law," the court wrote."
June 28th, 2021 at 6:56:29 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Uh, no. What do you base this on?

They were both positions of the Democrat Party. The Democrat Party honored a former KKK member in its Senate delegation in the 2000s. Today they have one proud to be a member of an all-white country club.

I base it on the meaning of liberalism and conservatism. There can be no doubt that Lincoln was liberal. The Democrats standing for preservation of the institution of slavery were conservative. The dixiecrats fighting to preserve segregation were members of the Democratic party, but they were clearly conservative.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
June 28th, 2021 at 7:21:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JimRockford
I base it on the meaning of liberalism and conservatism. There can be no doubt that Lincoln was liberal. The Democrats standing for preservation of the institution of slavery were conservative. The dixiecrats fighting to preserve segregation were members of the Democratic party, but they were clearly conservative.

Also Lincoln would have favored state’s rights over preserving the union. But he obviously didn’t.

That’s okay, conservatism seems all about finding someone new to call a RINO.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 28th, 2021 at 7:59:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
That’s okay, conservatism seems all about finding someone new to call a RINO.

Bill Barr is currently getting the RINO treatment from the Trumpsters.

I just hate to see these awful people turn on each other... /s
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 28th, 2021 at 8:19:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Bill Barr is currently getting the RINO treatment from the Trumpsters.

I just hate to see these awful people turn on each other... /s

I got a strong impression Barr went in with one impression of Trump, and came out with another. When you see characters like Roger Stone still supporting him, it’s not hard to imagine that anyone halfway respectable could be close to him and not be disillusioned.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 28th, 2021 at 10:59:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford

What meaning of liberalism and conservatism are you talking about?

FWIW I just love how it drives liberals nuts that Lincoln was a Republican.
The President is a fink.
June 28th, 2021 at 11:17:47 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

FWIW I just love how it drives liberals nuts that Lincoln was a Republican.

And more hated then Trump was. He was killed for it weeks into his second term.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 28th, 2021 at 11:37:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
And more hated then Trump was. He was killed for it weeks into his second term.

Speaking of Trump, I just saw where he packed em in at a rally in Ohio. It appears he is going to make life for the RINO traitors who voted to impeach just awful. Listened to highlights, the guy has really dusted himself off and is running back into the game.

Now back to the discussion of the racist Juneteenth holiday......
The President is a fink.
Page 12 of 13« First<910111213>