Celebrating Juneteenth

Page 10 of 13« First<78910111213>
June 25th, 2021 at 3:28:53 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The rules change depending on the color of your skin.

If I'm in the 'hood and call a local a "nigger" I'd probably get assaulted or shot, but if a black calls another black a nigger it's no big deal.

Hell, I just try to put the blacks on "ignore" and trundle merrily along ...
June 25th, 2021 at 3:38:47 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I'd recommend replacing some letters with stars.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 25th, 2021 at 3:51:15 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
No it's not, it's right on point. The Lefties say we have to get rid of everything that reminds us of slavery. Burn the Confederate flag, take it totally out of the history books, pull down all the Confederate statues because they remind us we had slavery. Then what then what do they do? Have their faux Lefty crook president sign into law a holiday that will remind us every year of slavery. That's what's stupid here.

If we are going to get rid of everything that reminds of slavery shouldn't the Democrat Party change their name since they were the slavery and Jim Crow party?

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
The President is a fink.
June 25th, 2021 at 4:17:45 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
If we are going to get rid of everything that reminds of slavery shouldn't the Democrat Party change their name since they were the slavery and Jim Crow party?

Once again Republicans are never more proud of their party than when they took liberal positions.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
June 25th, 2021 at 4:31:43 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: Mission146
I'd recommend replacing some letters with stars.

Why?

I didn't use the word as a pejorative.

What, have you jumped on the PC train now, or do you think the mod might have a problem with it, used in this context?

Call a spade a spade, I always say ...
June 25th, 2021 at 5:06:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
Once again Republicans are never more proud of their party than when they took liberal positions.

What liberal position are you talking about?
The President is a fink.
June 25th, 2021 at 5:23:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

And the KKK was once considered the militant wing of the Democrat Party.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 25th, 2021 at 6:09:26 PM permalink
missedhervee
How the political / social fabric has changed.

DW Griffiths 1915 film "The Birth of a Nation" was a huge blockbuster hit.

Somehow I'm not surprised that white America ate it up like candy ...
June 25th, 2021 at 8:21:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
You know what I'm saying is true. Remember the big deal over the Confederate flag a couple years ago? They told us it had to go because it was a constant reminder of slavery. Surely you have not forgotten that. AZ was correct, pointing out the hypocrisy of the left what's Rush Limbaugh's forte. He would have spent an entire hour talking about the hypocrisy of this stupid holiday and the Lefties are like children, they can't figure out what they want from one day to the next.

No, you haven't addressed how celebrating the end of slavery is the same as statues honoring the confederacy.

Duffman could have just as easily suggested that getting rid of Nazi symbolism because Jewish people want to forget, and Jewish people remembering Holocaust victims means the same thing.

Keep making fools of yourselves with this argument. You're doing a good job of that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 25th, 2021 at 9:01:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
Yeah, this Fourth of July coming up what's going to be on my mind is how we were once a British colony. Instead of going out and enjoying the fireworks, I will sulk in my bedroom and sullenly lament about King George III.

That's the human condition. Some things never mean much of anything to some people, and many things go from fresh or interesting to routine.

I'm not sure if trying to induce artificial appreciation where none is felt is a good aim. Or maybe I'm being too cynical. Parents usually want to set a good example for their kids, so that may involve some acting on their part at times. Is that a good thing? Or should you always be honest as possible?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 10 of 13« First<78910111213>