Climate change deniers

Page 5 of 8« First<2345678>
July 22nd, 2021 at 12:37:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Of course. Your point?

I think we should look into high tech materials regarding building a house to save energy
Everything is being rethought
Trucks used to be steel
Mine is aluminum, saves energy
Rv's used to be aluminum
My walls are layers of some kind of high tech light materials. Saves energy
I dont see why we cant rethink housing and the materials we use to save energy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 22nd, 2021 at 1:58:58 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Gandler
I actually agree. Liberal (as well meaning as they may be) who are against natural gas, and nuclear power (I lump that in because there is often crossover), cannot say they are serious about environmental reform. These (especially nuclear) are the future for a cleaner planet. There is no logical reason to be militantly against nuclear power.....

I personally want to see more nuclear power all over the United States, it is safe and clean. (To be fair some conservatives are against this too, I know Alex Jones has had whole series against nuclear power.... so its not just an issue with the left, people are skeptical of nuclear power because they hear the word and think weapons or government conspiracy.)

San Onofre nuclear power plant in San Diego county closed in 2011. Total greenhouse gas emissions from power plants in California increased by 35% from 2011 to 2012, according to figures from the California Air Resources Board, which per the World Nuclear News is partly due to the early closure of San Onofre.

Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant (the largest power plant in California) is slated to close in four years, and we can expect something similar.
July 23rd, 2021 at 7:05:06 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
What’s so bad about global warming? Cold kills seventeen times more people than heat. Warmer temperatures mean longer growing seasons. Carbon dioxide is not toxic, and it feeds vegetation. Forest regrowth over the past twenty years is the size of France. Enough to remove 5.9 gigatons of CO2 annually from the atmosphere. Twice as much forest was lost to deforestation, not climate change. If global warming means more moisture in the atmosphere, it also means more rain, fewer deaths due to lack of water, less drought, higher crop yields and more arable land. More food for the growing world population.
July 23rd, 2021 at 7:19:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
From nasa.gov

Northeast. Heat waves, heavy downpours and sea level rise pose growing challenges to many aspects of life in the Northeast. Infrastructure, agriculture, fisheries and ecosystems will be increasingly compromised. Many states and cities are beginning to incorporate climate change into their planning.

Northwest. Changes in the timing of streamflow reduce water supplies for competing demands. Sea level rise, erosion, inundation, risks to infrastructure and increasing ocean acidity pose major threats. Increasing wildfire, insect outbreaks and tree diseases are causing widespread tree die-off.

Southeast. Sea level rise poses widespread and continuing threats to the region’s economy and environment. Extreme heat will affect health, energy, agriculture and more. Decreased water availability will have economic and environmental impacts.

Midwest. Extreme heat, heavy downpours and flooding will affect infrastructure, health, agriculture, forestry, transportation, air and water quality, and more. Climate change will also exacerbate a range of risks to the Great Lakes.

Southwest. Increased heat, drought and insect outbreaks, all linked to climate change, have increased wildfires. Declining water supplies, reduced agricultural yields, health impacts in cities due to heat, and flooding and erosion in coastal areas are additional concerns.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 23rd, 2021 at 7:47:50 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko
What’s so bad about global warming?

Seriously???????
WTF
Gee, how about more deaths
Not just humans
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 23rd, 2021 at 7:49:40 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
Seriously???????
WTF
Not just humans

100% of the humans and animals currently alive will die either way.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 23rd, 2021 at 7:54:38 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mission146
100% of the humans and animals currently alive will die either way.

But
There should be a 100% replacement rate
That drops due to global warming
July 23rd, 2021 at 7:57:34 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Seriously???????
WTF
Not just humans

Everybody alive today will be dead within 100 years regardless.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 23rd, 2021 at 8:01:34 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
I have noticed people who oppose taking action to slow climate change use any of several different arguments that conflict with eachother. Sometimes the same person will jump around between these positions.

- The earth is not warming.
- The earth is warming but it is natural.
- The earth is warming and it is likely caused by human activity, but it will be beneficial.
- The earth is warming and it is likely caused by human activity and it will be harmful but I don't care.

Have I missed any? The last one is just Mission trying to piss people off.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 23rd, 2021 at 8:09:06 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
But
There should be a 100% replacement rate
That drops due to global warming

WHY should there be a 100% replacement rate?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 5 of 8« First<2345678>