Reopening fiasco?

July 20th, 2021 at 8:47:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak
I meant people I know in my personal life.

AZD is saying the only people getting vaxxed are white liberals.

Read critically not literally.
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2021 at 8:50:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

The only people I know who aren’t vaxxed are super liberal hippies who think their healing crystals will get them through.

I don't know if he still embraces it, but I think EB's reincarnation belief has also been embraced by the liberal hippie crowd. 60s Gurus, Swamis. Healing crystals, about in the same group.

I've encountered enough conservative atheists and religious liberals to assume too much about that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 20th, 2021 at 8:52:40 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: rxwine
I don't know if he still embraces it, but I think EB's reincarnation belief has also been embraced by the liberal hippie crowd. 60s Gurus, Swamis. Healing crystals, about in the same group.

I've encountered enough conservative atheists and religious liberals to assume too much about that.

As the Democratic and Republican parties become more and more extreme in their rhetoric, I think it becomes harder for most folks to fit into one box or the other.
July 20th, 2021 at 9:00:46 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: AZDuffman
Read critically not literally.

July 20th, 2021 at 9:05:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

The only people I know who aren’t vaxxed are super liberal hippies who think their healing crystals will get them through.

??????
The only person here against vaccines is extreme right winger AZ
A lot of people overall are lazy and won't get one.
That not against
Against are AZ and Foxnews such as Tucker
Is there any anti vaxxer on the left that has a audience as big as the anti vaxxers on Fox. Of course not
All the anti vaxxing nonsense in major media is from the right
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 20th, 2021 at 11:21:09 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: missedhervee
Die if you want to, I could care less about anti-vaxers dying (their own damned fault: they were warned but chose to disregard the science for political reasons), but for christ's sake don't take the Dow down with you.

Was this the talk you gave to your unvaccinated son?
I can't imagine why you couldn't convince him to get vaccinated.
People get to make choices, it doesn't affect you if you're vaccinated.
The variants are still not leading to severe disease even if you do contract them while vaccinated
The virus has been "mutating" for what, 20 months now.
Don't you think if a mutation that was going to be more deadly or get around the vaccines & cause death would be here already?
Lots of gnashing teeth over increased case counts (meaningless, people get sick every day)
While the US death counts continue to be too low to care about.
If I was on meds, I might want to yawn about now, but I am not stumbling through life in a medicated fog.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 20th, 2021 at 11:41:45 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: terapined
??????
The only person here against vaccines is extreme right winger AZ
A lot of people overall are lazy and won't get one.
That not against
Against are AZ and Foxnews such as Tucker
Is there any anti vaxxer on the left that has a audience as big as the anti vaxxers on Fox. Of course not
All the anti vaxxing nonsense in major media is from the right

I’m talking about people I personally know outside of the internet.

I know very few unvaxxed conservatives yet several unvaxxed liberals.

The brand of conservatism in the NE is often very different than what you see in the south. It’s more libertarian than anything. Much less religion, and very little science denial.

These are just personal observations in my own little bubble, so take it for what it is.
July 20th, 2021 at 5:41:20 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m in Vegas now.

Busy as heck. Very few face masks. And many of the people that do choose to still wear them still think they are chin straps or something.

Winning trip so far. Still have one day to go.

No “fiasco” in sight.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 21st, 2021 at 6:54:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The updates from the reunion from hell are rolling in. My wife's niece went to church 10 days ago got covid-19 there, so did five other people. Last week she saw her mother twice and gave covid to her mother. On the day of the reunion last Saturday the mother, my wife's sister, was coughing and sneezing a little when she rode in the van with five of her relatives and all but her had been vaccinated.

My wife started having symptoms on Monday and was tested yesterday and it was positive for covid. But today she feels fine. Her other sister was sitting right next to the infected sister and she is doing terribly. She was tested twice for covid yesterday and was positive both times. She has a fever of a hundred and one, sore throat constant coughing diarrhea and the worst part is the body aches. So bad that she can't get out of bed. Her husband who was driving the van has also tested positive but he is showing very few indications that he has it.

The other two people in the van were tested  are negative. 4 people in the van had the Pfizer vaccine. The 2 who are sickest had Johnson & Johnson. The one who has it the worst is terrified, she thought she was safe. My wife had the Pfizer vaccine and she says a lot of what her sister s going through is what she experienced after the second Pfizer shot. Especially the body aches, she was in bed for 2 days. What's the lesson here. Don't sit in a van next to someone with covid for 5 hours even if you've been vaccinated.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 21st, 2021 at 9:53:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
The updates from the reunion from hell are rolling in. My wife's niece went to church 10 days ago got covid-19 there, so did five other people. Last week she saw her mother twice and gave covid to her mother. On the day of the reunion last Saturday the mother, my wife's sister, was coughing and sneezing a little when she rode in the van with five of her relatives and all but her had been vaccinated.

My wife started having symptoms on Monday and was tested yesterday and it was positive for covid. But today she feels fine. Her other sister was sitting right next to the infected sister and she is doing terribly. She was tested twice for covid yesterday and was positive both times. She has a fever of a hundred and one, sore throat constant coughing diarrhea and the worst part is the body aches. So bad that she can't get out of bed. Her husband who was driving the van has also tested positive but he is showing very few indications that he has it.

The other two people in the van were tested  are negative. 4 people in the van had the Pfizer vaccine. The 2 who are sickest had Johnson & Johnson. The one who has it the worst is terrified, she thought she was safe. My wife had the Pfizer vaccine and she says a lot of what her sister s going through is what she experienced after the second Pfizer shot. Especially the body aches, she was in bed for 2 days. What's the lesson here. Don't sit in a van next to someone with covid for 5 hours even if you've been vaccinated.

Do you know what vaccine the relatives in bold received, especially the two who are negative? Thanks for the long post. I guess I'm glad so far I didn't get the J&J the two times I was scheduled to get it but was cancelled for distribution.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW