Is Portland over?

Page 28 of 29« First<2526272829>
October 17th, 2021 at 11:57:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 155
Posts: 13353
You need to take more than a hearing test. This is just like the government stealing from you that you complain about. Try not to pay an employee at least a minimum wage under a minimum wage law and see what happens.

Are you the guy who needs more than the stink on your shoe to tell that you stepped in dog crap?

Apparently so.
The Trumpie Pledge: Loyalty first, America and principles second.
October 18th, 2021 at 6:16:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Member since: Feb 19, 2014
Threads: 21
Posts: 3156
First…. AZ/Rx…. Your argument is just semantic. And of no consequence. You are both right. Yes, AZ, minimum wage laws are not taxes. Yes, Rx, they are similar to a tax in that it is the government requiring you to pay money.

Back to Portland. (If I posted this already…. Repeat…). Friend has daughter in Portland. He went to visit a few weeks ago. Said the boarded up downtown is ‘unboarded’ and mostly open. He was stunned by the number and size of homeless encampments. Sort of like Ed, he was able to compartmentalize and just ignore the problem. I guess it is similar to most urban cities that have beautiful areas a short distance from decrepit slums. I really don’t think about the miserable areas a few miles from say, the Sabres arena, when I’m at a game.
October 18th, 2021 at 7:15:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 155
Posts: 13353
Quote: SOOPOO

... I guess it is similar to most urban cities that have beautiful areas a short distance from decrepit slums. I really don’t think about the miserable areas a few miles from say, the Sabres arena, when I’m at a game.


It's estimated that 1000 homeless live underground in the storm drains in Vegas.
The Trumpie Pledge: Loyalty first, America and principles second.
October 18th, 2021 at 8:35:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 133
Posts: 15887
Quote: SOOPOO


Back to Portland. (If I posted this already…. Repeat…). Friend has daughter in Portland. He went to visit a few weeks ago. Said the boarded up downtown is ‘unboarded’ and mostly open. He was stunned by the number and size of homeless encampments. Sort of like Ed, he was able to compartmentalize and just ignore the problem. I guess it is similar to most urban cities that have beautiful areas a short distance from decrepit slums. I really don’t think about the miserable areas a few miles from say, the Sabres arena, when I’m at a game.


The miserable areas around Buffalo do not compare. Buffalo does not have the homeless camps. USA west coast cities are becoming like Brazil, huge slums just outside wealthy areas. Places like Buffalo have poor areas, but not like the left coast.
The President is a fink.
October 18th, 2021 at 9:00:57 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 143
Posts: 24252
Quote: AZDuffman
The miserable areas around Buffalo do not compare. Buffalo does not have the homeless camps. USA west coast cities are becoming like Brazil, huge slums just outside wealthy areas. Places like Buffalo have poor areas, but not like the left coast.


That is really what's going on. These so-called ;homeless camps' are really slums, just like they have in third world countries. It makes them sound civilized and temporary to call them homeless camps instead of what they really are. And they will only continue to grow if the city's allow it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 18th, 2021 at 9:10:52 AM permalink
missedhervee
Member since: Apr 23, 2021
Threads: 33
Posts: 1140
Quote: Evenbob
These so-called ' rebuilding already honey you have enough you want more usually eat more than this don't you or so cute he's such a cute little toot I can't feel your swap your backbone anymore that's a good thing so precious who did your precious little baby little babyhomeless camps'


Sometimes when people post too much, too often, their brain and fingers "fight back" in protest, as just happened above to poor EB.

It must be a defense mechanism to keep his brain from exploding.
October 18th, 2021 at 9:31:10 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 143
Posts: 24252
edited
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 18th, 2021 at 9:33:59 AM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 143
Posts: 24252
Quote: missedhervee
Sometimes when people post too much, too often, their brain and fingers "fight back" in protest, as just happened above to poor EB.

It must be a defense mechanism to keep his brain from exploding.


I dictate everything so sometimes I forget the mic is on. My cat was done eating and he's been sick and lost a lot of weight I'm glad that he's gaining the weight back and I put him out right when I was dictating that post. It got me suspended for two weeks on the other form because I cursed at the television when I was recording a message didn't get back to delete it quick enough. I solved that problem, I'm no longer remember there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2021 at 12:57:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 143
Posts: 24252
Portland Breaks Annual Homicide Record with More than Two Months Left in 2021
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2021 at 2:24:39 PM permalink
Mission146
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 18
Posts: 2749
Quote: rxwine
Minimum wage hikes which is what mainly affects the poor. For instance, I don't think you're voting for Bernie or people like him.


If minimum wage increases actually meaningfully helped poor people, then I would be inclined to agree with you.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
Page 28 of 29« First<2526272829>