Is Portland over?

October 19th, 2021 at 2:44:09 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
Portland Breaks Annual Homicide Record with More than Two Months Left in 2021

No surprise, given the economic and social turmoil of the past couple years.

The one bright light is that many of the murders are "homeless on homeless."

Keep killing each other guys, it's nature's way of culling the herd.
December 8th, 2021 at 7:32:42 PM permalink
missedhervee
I thought meth was fading away, but no: it's raging in Stumptown.

P2P in Portland
February 21st, 2022 at 1:11:34 PM permalink
missedhervee
A neighbor called last night at around two, saying my truck alarm was going off.

I went out: nobody there, but the door was ajar, alarm activated.

I shut off the alarm and saw a thief had broken the black plastic on the driver's front door to gain access to the lock to open it.

He didn't break the door lock cylinder or do any really serious damage to it, I can repair it with epoxy.

No damage to the interior, nothing stolen.

The alarm did its job.

This is the THIRD TIME in the past year I've dealt with someone stealing or trying to steal my F-250; it was stolen and recovered twice, and I installed an alarm after the second theft.

Portland has gone completely to hell.
February 21st, 2022 at 2:08:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
A neighbor called last night at around two, saying my truck alarm was going off.

I went out: nobody there, but the door was ajar, alarm activated.

I shut off the alarm and saw a thief had broken the black plastic on the driver's front door to gain access to the lock to open it.

He didn't break the door lock cylinder or do any really serious damage to it, I can repair it with epoxy.

No damage to the interior, nothing stolen.

The alarm did its job.

This is the THIRD TIME in the past year I've dealt with someone stealing or trying to steal my F-250; it was stolen and recovered twice, and I installed an alarm after the second theft.

Portland has gone completely to hell.

Do you have motion activated spotlight on that area? Before my sister moved into a condo, her house had those installed around the perimeter of her house. You couldn't get next to it at night without lighting yourself up.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 21st, 2022 at 3:16:34 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Do you have motion activated spotlight on that area? Before my sister moved into a condo, her house had those installed around the perimeter of her house. You couldn't get next to it at night without lighting yourself up.
I get awakened periodically because the motion activated lights go on behind my bedroom. I have shitty blinds. Nothing like yelling at a deer at 3am….
30+ years ago my sister lived in Brooklyn Heights, now a very expensive neighborhood. Back then still had lots of homeless/vagrants. They had car broken into like you did. Then rather than keep replacing windows left door unlocked. When my B in Law had to shoo a vagrant was sleeping in the backseat out, they moved to New Jersey burbs as soon as possible.
February 21st, 2022 at 3:51:08 PM permalink
missedhervee

I park it curbside in front of the house; there is a city street light nearby, illuminating the area.

Thieves don't seem to fear the light so long as they can break in and get away quickly.
February 21st, 2022 at 4:52:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: missedhervee
I park it curbside in front of the house; there is a city street light nearby, illuminating the area.

Thieves don't seem to fear the light so long as they can break in and get away quickly.

Too far away, IMO. You really can't miss the circle of green leds from my surveillance camera which is only 10 feet from my vehicle.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 21st, 2022 at 7:04:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Too far away, IMO. You really can't miss the circle of green leds from my surveillance camera which is only 10 feet from my vehicle.
Need something like a flashing disco light, lighting up the world and yelling at the guy hey fella, not your stuff. Get a f ing job.

I've had stuff stolen and it makes me feel violated. Had one B&E and they trashed the joint. Didn't have much to steal but I didn't feel safe at home and that is a lousy feeling. Nothing like a good barking dog though. Thieves run on a guilty conscience.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 2nd, 2022 at 11:58:27 AM permalink
missedhervee
Here's a half hour video of Portland preparing for a nuclear attack in the mid-fifties:

"A Day Called "X"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEl7A7KaHA
May 2nd, 2022 at 7:59:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Antifa mob wreaks havoc on GOP candidate's Portland rally: 'From roses to riots'

Call themselves "Anti-fascist" yet use fascist tactics. This is Portland!
The President is a fink.