Biden's Biggest Blunder

August 15th, 2021 at 8:35:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
One of the best things we ever did in our approach to WW2, is we went after the guys who were actively aligned and engaging in war against us. We didn't decide to end the reign of every potential despot.

The worst thing we did after bin Laden was declare war on terrorism everywhere. We probably could've convinced the Taliban to give him and his cohorts up eventually. Or at least stalled long enough to target a special forces attack on him in Afghanistan. I think we ended that process prematurely. Then for whatever reason had to go to Iraq where bin Laden was not hiding. The rest is history.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2021 at 8:36:22 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Quote: fleaswatter
We'll just have to see if Gandler is right about needing to return in some manner. If the Taliban can stay in their lane and not do any serious f*****g with their neighbors, they may be left alone for a long time.
emphasis above mine

You have got to be kidding me.

Taliban boldly proclaims their victory will spread, Islamic law will envelop the world

No, you're the one who is kidding yourself. Literally, the Taliban are only where they are after 20 years because we left.

Aside from that, the Republicans will need more than, "do you want a Democrat Joe Biden getting us out of a foreign war" to run on. ....................

The difference is that most of the US military equipment will be left behind in the hurry to get out. The Taliban will be better equipped than they have ever been because of the panicked withdrawal complete with most of the US military infrastructure.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 15th, 2021 at 10:02:27 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
We'll just have to see if Gandler is right about needing to return in some manner. If the Taliban can stay in their lane and not do any serious f*****g with their neighbors, they may be left alone for a long time.
emphasis above mine

Taliban boldly proclaims their victory will spread, Islamic law will envelop the world

No, you're the one who is kidding yourself. Literally, the Taliban are only where they are after 20 years because we left.

Aside from that, the Republicans will need more than, "do you want a Democrat Joe Biden getting us out of a foreign war" to run on. ....................

The difference is that most of the US military equipment will be left behind in the hurry to get out. The Taliban will be better equipped than they have ever been because of the panicked withdrawal complete with most of the US military infrastructure.

Other than possibly rifles and machine guns, not sure how universal more sophisticated weapons are, as far as resupply and maintenance. A tank is only going to last so long without critical parts. The planes won't be safe to fly for very long.

Quote:
Even if the Taliban captures working aircraft, it would be difficult for them to fly it without proper training, according to people familiar with these types of military planes. A trained pilot could fly it, but they would also need to be familiar with the bombs and missiles and know how to mount them and arm the aircraft. And, because the planes need regular maintenance, it’s unlikely the planes would be flyable for long, even by skilled pilots.

Still, to prevent planes from falling into enemy hands, the U.S. could bomb the aircraft or airfields first. Kirby declined to say what actions, if any, the U.S. military would take.

Wouldn't be surprised if there are already plans to bomb equipment.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 15th, 2021 at 10:09:26 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
emphasis above mine

Let's cut to the chase
WTF is Canada doing about it??????????????
Why is it always the US
How about carrying some weight Canada
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 16th, 2021 at 4:04:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

The worst thing we did after bin Laden was declare war on terrorism everywhere.

Yes, because it we would have said how Islam is the problem the entire left would scream "ISLAMAPHOBIA! RACIST!"

Same lefties who have a cow over religion in western countries for some reason love Islam and defend it to the end.
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2021 at 5:32:07 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You lefties here can try all you want to spin this fiasco and blame President Trump and the republicans but anyone with an IQ over 50 knows that dementia joe bidumb and his administration owns it.

Sure, Jan.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 16th, 2021 at 8:01:19 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

Let's cut to the chase
WTF is Canada doing about it??????????????
Why is it always the US
How about carrying some weight Canada

Canada still had none combat military in Afghanistan and is sending in special forces personal to help with the evacuation.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 16th, 2021 at 8:58:25 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Yes, because it we would have said how Islam is the problem the entire left would scream "ISLAMAPHOBIA! RACIST!"

Same lefties who have a cow over religion in western countries for some reason love Islam and defend it to the end.

I don't think that is true, I am more critical of Islam than most of the right.

I have said many times Islam is far more dangerous than Christianity. It is the most dangerous religion in the world (and that is saying a lot...)
August 16th, 2021 at 9:39:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
I don't think that is true, I am more critical of Islam than most of the right.

I have said many times Islam is far more dangerous than Christianity. It is the most dangerous religion in the world (and that is saying a lot...)

Oh, please! Have you not seen how the left screams bloody murder any time it looks like anything to do with Islam is portrayed in a negative way? They even fought the travel ban from rouge nations. Even showing a muslim in a negative way on TV brings screams of protest.
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2021 at 12:09:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Travel ban, what travel ban? Donny is now pro-refugee.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman