Michigan school shooting

Page 4 of 9<1234567>Last »
December 5th, 2021 at 12:28:37 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288

Anyone who thinks that picture is awesome must feel the same way about this one, right?

Right? Same vibe.

They would not like the bottom one because there is no Christmas tree. Also, the guys in the bottom one aren't grinning or doing anything silly. Second one from right front actually looks like the guy who owns the local ice cream shop, though.

Funny thing about Islam and Christian Fundamentalists is the fact that they don't know how well they should get along, except they call their Gods different things. Also, I guess Christian men are supposed to not be as obvious when it comes to spousal abuse whereas the others can abuse their wives openly, depending on their personal interpretation of Sharia law.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 5th, 2021 at 1:16:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
You're asking me? Who is James Carville and what is The Deer Hunter?

You never saw or even heard of "The Deer Hunter?"

One of the first movies to have the Vietnam War as a plot.
The President is a fink.
December 5th, 2021 at 1:27:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

Just give up, he doesn't even know who Fredo Cuomo is. And everybody knows that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 5th, 2021 at 1:41:23 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

I don't watch very many movies. I also have no interest in the Vietnam War.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 5th, 2021 at 2:11:50 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
I don't watch very many movies. I also have no interest in the Vietnam War.

I hope someday we get to meet, I think we are very similar in many ways.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 5th, 2021 at 3:06:13 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I can say the same, DRich! I imagine we will, sooner or later.
December 5th, 2021 at 4:09:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
Insensitive

U.S. congressman posts family Christmas picture with guns, days after school shooting

If six of them end up getting shot dead in their beds, I think we'll have a good idea who did it.

That is just a dumb photo. I have no idea why (some) Americans are so obsessed with posing with guns. I know I have been guilty of this (very vaguely, and its not even a fair equivalency, I am more so talking about family photos), but never in a family photo (and always alone in a secure location).

The idea of taking an Xmas photo with every having guns is just stupid.

I know nothing about this politician (nor do I really care), nor do I particularly care about the proximity to the tragedy (that cannot be helped). Just the idea that he thought it was a good idea (the photo) in the first place is insane. The one good thing I can say for them (unlike some family photos I have seen in the past), at least they have good muzzle and trigger discipline.
December 5th, 2021 at 4:15:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler

Actually it is kind of cool.
The President is a fink.
December 5th, 2021 at 4:27:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Actually it is kind of cool.

Its really not. That is actually a really nice Xmas photo setup and would be a great photo if no guns. The guns are just bizarre. If it were just a husband and wife I wouldn't even care that much (I would probably just eye roll and move on). But, making the kids hold them is just weird. Sets the total wrong example.

And, don't get me wrong I enjoy guns more than most on the left (and probably am one of the few who thinks there should be less regulation that is not local), but I enjoy a lot of things that I would not put in a family Christmas card, especially not one that I would post to the public.... Just a poor decision (and poor taste).

I just don't understand why people think this is in good taste (or a good example for kids).

An example of a politician I know of is Ted Cruz during his Presidential run made a "Machine Gun Bacon" video, very cringey (for a number of reasons), but I really did not care, but if in the video he started feeding the bacon to his kids it would change everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaZGaJrd3x8

(Actually, rewatching it he does say he does it to make breakfast for his family, but I am sure/hoping that is a joke, though its just as cringe as I remember).
December 5th, 2021 at 4:28:44 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler
Quote: Tanko
Insensitive

U.S. congressman posts family Christmas picture with guns, days after school shooting

If six of them end up getting shot dead in their beds, I think we'll have a good idea who did it.

That is just a dumb photo. I have no idea why (some) Americans are so obsessed with posing with guns. I know I have been guilty of this (very vaguely, and its not even a fair equivalency, I am more so talking about family photos), but never in a family photo (and always alone in a secure location).

I know nothing about this politician (nor do I really care), nor do I particularly care about the proximity to the tragedy (that cannot be helped). Just the idea that he thought it was a good idea (the photo) in the first place is insane. The one good thing I can say for them (unlike some family photos I have seen in the past), at least they have good muzzle and trigger discipline.

It’s Kentucky; that’s just marketing for your audience. The only three things to do in Kentucky are shooting things, watching stupid horses and meth.
Page 4 of 9<1234567>Last »