January 6 redux

January 13th, 2022 at 5:34:54 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: DRich
If that is the case all religious organizations should be prosecuted if one person commits a crime in the name of their religion.

What?

The organization has not been charged. Members of the organization have been charged.

"Seditious conspiracy is a conspiracy to commit sedition. It is a federal crime in the United States per 18 U.S.C. § 2384:

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seditious_conspiracy

That does not fit with what you suggest.
January 19th, 2022 at 11:37:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Bunch of activists for the Democrat Voter Fraud Enabling bill were arrested at the Capitol.

Should we investigate them for the attempted overthrow of the government?

Or does it not mater because they are liberals?
The President is a fink.
January 19th, 2022 at 12:24:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Bunch of activists for the Democrat Voter Fraud Enabling bill were arrested at the Capitol.

Which losing candidate were they trying to get installed in the WH?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 19th, 2022 at 12:29:55 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96

Did Biden have a rally shortly before the arrests urging them to storm the Capitol building?
January 19th, 2022 at 12:54:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee
Did Biden have a rally shortly before the arrests urging them to storm the Capitol building?

What does that matter? They were arrested for trespassing at the Capitol. Because they did not like the will of Congress.

But I get it. They are liberals pushing liberal policies so you give them a pass.
The President is a fink.
January 19th, 2022 at 1:05:00 PM permalink
missedhervee
No, I don't "give them a pass:" don't put words in my mouth.

It seems the progressives blocked roads while holding banners.

That's a far cry from Jan 6th but hey, you guys live for false equivalencies.
January 19th, 2022 at 1:23:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
No, I don't "give them a pass:" don't put words in my mouth.

It seems the progressives blocked roads while holding banners.

That's a far cry from Jan 6th but hey, you guys live for false equivalencies.

You did not condemn them for their actions. You asked "Did Biden have a rally shortly before the arrests urging them to storm the Capitol building?" Sounds like you are giving them a pass because they are liberal.

They were demonstrating at the Capitol and got arrested for refusing to leave. Where is the difference? Other than they are liberals supporting your side.
The President is a fink.
January 19th, 2022 at 1:36:50 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
You did not condemn them for their actions. You asked "Did Biden have a rally shortly before the arrests urging them to storm the Capitol building?" Sounds like you are giving them a pass because they are liberal.

They were demonstrating at the Capitol and got arrested for refusing to leave. Where is the difference? Other than they are liberals supporting your side.

If they got arrested for breaking a law, I hope they get tried and convicted and punished commensurate with the crime they committed. I think MrV has consistently been for such consequences. I agree with him that the VIOLENT crimes committed on Jan 6 were different (legally) than the non violent crimes by this group of loser liberals.

I will have a problem if the Democrats in charge decide not to press the charges after pressure from their looney left wing.
January 19th, 2022 at 1:37:21 PM permalink
missedhervee

First off, I don't have a "side:" as the saying goes "I drink alone."

Second, if you cannot see the difference between the progressives marching down a street holding placards and Trumpies storming the Capitol, tearing down gates and breaking windows to force entry in order to stop Biden's election from being confirmed then further political discourse with you seems pointless.

You are ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
January 19th, 2022 at 1:48:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
First off, I don't have a "side:" as the saying goes "I drink alone."

Second, if you cannot see the difference between the progressives marching down a street holding placards and Trumpies storming the Capitol, tearing down gates and breaking windows to force entry in order to stop Biden's election from being confirmed then further political discourse with you seems pointless.

You are ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

First, everyone has a side.

Second, both groups were arrested for protesting government action. If you want to be inconsistent feel free, just know what you are doing there.
The President is a fink.