January 6 redux

January 4th, 2022 at 5:31:16 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
Sure it is. The trespassers were ejected. It is over. Nothing more than that. Those infatuated with it need to get a life.

Quote: MrCop
There you go Mr Duffman. I see you managed to eject that mob from your property, so we will leave you to tidy up and wish those mobsters a safe journey home

What's that Mr Duffman? You want us to pursue them and press charges? Why? They are gone. Nothing to see here. Move on with your life Mr duffman. Please don't waste any more of our time on this, we have donuts to eat.
January 4th, 2022 at 5:36:41 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: AZDuffman
It just lasted a couple hours. That is pretty quickly.

I said a little revolution now and then is a good thing. When an election is outright stolen via all kinds of fraud it is.

If you try do it when I am not at home. Loaded gun in my dresser.

So, The security detail should have fired more shots into the crowd? You'd have been good with that?

Mr Duffman, we understand that this mob smashed your doors and windows and clambered in. They did it in broad daylight. Why didn't you just shoot them sir? Did you think it was just your neighbour bringing round some pie and beer?
January 4th, 2022 at 2:47:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Sean Hannity text to Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows, 1/10/21:

Righties pretend like Biden is senile/crazy and everyone around him knows it. It’s projection. Donny was ACTUALLY going crazy at the end and everyone around him did know it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 4th, 2022 at 3:02:07 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Sort of like a "Delieverance" banjo duel between two aged, fading musicians.

Both Trump and Biden are too old to lead this country as effectively as a younger, healthier individual could do.

Physically and mentally they're well past their prime, but then again that can be said for a lot of US senators as well.

Alas, it's an old man's game, and that should change.

We need a vigorous leader, not a brain-addled, narcissistic fat clown or a well-intentioned yet doddering Mr. Rogers.
January 4th, 2022 at 3:16:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee

Both Trump and Biden are too old to lead this country as effectively as a younger, healthier individual could do.

Physically and mentally they're well past their prime, but then again that can be said for a lot of US senators as well.

We need a vigorous leader, not a brain-addled, narcissistic fat clown or a well-intentioned yet doddering Mr. Rogers.

Biden really doesn't do a whole lot
Same as Reagan
He was definitely suffering from alzhimers
Regardless
The administration does all the heavy lifting. Jill is on standby for quick decisions if we get a crisis.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 4th, 2022 at 6:02:59 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: terapined
Jill is on standby for quick decisions if we get a crisis.

Funny, we hear very little about the first lady, Jill Biden.

I guess they try to keep a low profile.
January 5th, 2022 at 12:16:53 AM permalink
missedhervee
I just saw the below photo: poignant reminder of that oh so strange day.

January 5th, 2022 at 3:53:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Trump canceled his news conference
Good
WTF was he thinking. News conference was a bad bad idea.
Gee, let's remind the country that I tried a coup to overthrow the government.
The pic above is what its all about. Hunting for Pence to hang him.
No doubt history will treat this as a coup and Trump will be seen as the worst President ever.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 5th, 2022 at 4:57:11 AM permalink
OnceDear

Can we have a thank you button please. Just for this post!
January 5th, 2022 at 5:39:56 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined

Trump canceled his news conference
Good
WTF was he thinking. News conference was a bad bad idea.
Gee, let's remind the country that I tried a coup to overthrow the government.
The pic above is what its all about. Hunting for Pence to hang him.
No doubt history will treat this as a coup and Trump will be seen as the worst President ever.

We don't need to wait long, Trump is ready regarded as one of the worst Presidents, by all Presidential ranking, he ranges from 41-44. Most of the Presidents who are ranked close or worse than him consistently were still supporting slavery right before the Civil War or were terrible during reconstruction (Johnson).

That shows how much he has divided the country to be in the same rankings of people who literally were responsible for breaking up the county (and being racist pro-slavery, etc....) Janurary 6th was very close to a Civil War. And, most of Republicans (the majority), think that Trump is still President, this is how dangerous even "average Republicans" have become (those who say Biden is President get shunned by the party).

Anyway, the only way for Trump's score to improve is we have several Presidents who are even worst (which is possible).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States#General_findings