The Biden Presidency 2022

May 18th, 2022 at 10:45:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Elon Musk tweeted:

“In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party. But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican. Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold,”

It wasn't that long ago he was a darling of the Democrat Party with his electric car and his mission in space. But even Elon Musk has had enough of the hate-filled Democrat Party. This is certainly bad news for them because Elon Musk has a huge bully pulpit pulpit especially when he takes over Twitter.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 19th, 2022 at 2:26:11 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
US producing one million fewer barrels of oil per day than in 2019.

Biden had to suspend oil lease auction two weeks ago, due to lack of interest.

No reason for oil producers to buy leases, when they may never get a drilling permit. Biden is the only president to revoke a permit for a project already under construction.

Biden instead gave permission to CVX to negotiate with Maduro in Venezuela. Oil companies trust Maduro more than Biden.

US petroleum reserves lowest since 1987 after Biden tapped into them and shipped the oil to Europe.

Trump tried to fill the US strategic petroleum reserves in 2020 when oil was $19/barrel, but was thwarted by the anti-fossil fuel dems who were trying to put the oil companies out of business.

Rationing next.

Electricity Shortage Warnings Grow Across U.S.

Who would have guessed the wind doesn't always blow, and the sun doesn't always shine?

"Power-grid operators caution that electricity supplies aren’t keeping up with demand amid transition to cleaner forms of energy"
May 19th, 2022 at 4:47:10 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
US producing one million fewer barrels of oil per day than in 2019.

Biden had to suspend oil lease auction two weeks ago, due to lack of interest.

No reason for oil producers to buy leases, when they may never get a drilling permit. Biden is the only president to revoke a permit for a project already under construction.

Biden instead gave permission to CVX to negotiate with Maduro in Venezuela. Oil companies trust Maduro more than Biden.

US petroleum reserves lowest since 1987 after Biden tapped into them and shipped the oil to Europe.

Trump tried to fill the US strategic petroleum reserves in 2020 when oil was $19/barrel, but was thwarted by the anti-fossil fuel dems who were trying to put the oil companies out of business.

Rationing next.

Electricity Shortage Warnings Grow Across U.S.

Who would have guessed the wind doesn't always blow, and the sun doesn't always shine?

"Power-grid operators caution that electricity supplies aren’t keeping up with demand amid transition to cleaner forms of energy"

Blah blah blah
Gas prices are up worldwide
This isn't a domestic issue
It's a worldwide issue due to Russia invading Ukraine
I travel all over the country. No electricity issues for me
But
The only electricity warnings I hear about are in Texas
I stay out of Texas in very cold and very hot months
Only consider Texas during shoulder season
I like having electricity
Texas has a crummy state govt in regards to electricity
You get what you vote for
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 19th, 2022 at 6:18:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Elon Musk tweeted:

“In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party. But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican. Now, watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold,”

The guy who's going to release the Krackens on Twitter and free up speech is fretting about "dirty tricks". Ha ha. okay.

Quote:

It wasn't that long ago he was a darling of the Democrat Party with his electric car and his mission in space. But even Elon Musk has had enough of the hate-filled Democrat Party. This is certainly bad news for them because Elon Musk has a huge bully pulpit pulpit especially when he takes over Twitter.

I've got no real issues with Musk. Let his freak flag fly. But if the Republicans want to bend over for him, we should get out of the way.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 20th, 2022 at 1:14:08 AM permalink
Tanko
Oil Shortage. Energy Shortage. Infant formula shortage.

Now, Biden says food shortages are coming. Blames Ukraine war. ‘It’s gonna be real.”

Fertilizer prices more than doubled in 2021, before the war, and are up another 25% on top of that, so far this year, due to the high cost of oil.

Farmers forced to cut back on fertilizer. Crop yields reduced.

Seventeen food processing and fertilizer production fires in two months. Billions in damages. Some of the fires so large they could be seen from space.

Union Pacific Railroad cutting fertilizer shipments by 20%, just as planting season begins in the US.

"The timing of Union Pacific’s announcement couldn’t come at a worse time for farmers, according to Tony Will, president and CEO, CF Industries Holdings Inc."

BlackRock, Vanguard and State Street Bank heavily invested in UNP.

“BlackRock President Robert Kapito on Tuesday said an "entitled generation that has never had to sacrifice" is going to face shortages as they've never experienced before.”
May 20th, 2022 at 5:15:46 AM permalink
rxwine
The wheat production due to the war is nothing new. Al Jazeera published this a month ago.

Quote:

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has sent food commodity prices soaring in March to the highest levels ever recorded, bringing to the forefront the global implications of its military offensive on the former breadbasket of the Soviet Union.

As Moscow refocuses its military efforts on Ukraine’s east, readying massive forces for part two of its offensive, analysts have warned a Russian takeover of Ukraine’s ports and most fertile stretch of land will have repercussions on Ukraine’s food exports to be felt the world over.

“There is no sufficient alternative to cover the gap,” Roman Slaston, director of the Ukrainian Agribusiness Club (UCAB), adding many countries in the world will be prone to “starvation, hunger riots, refugee migration without Ukraine’s food supply”.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/22/russian-advance-east-ukraine-food-security
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 20th, 2022 at 5:46:49 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Speaking of the infant formula shortage, 192 Republicans in the House voted against the $28 million bill to address the shortage.

Why???

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 20th, 2022 at 5:53:29 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I'm traveling all over the country and every station has gas.
I stay out of TX so no electricity Shortage for me
No infants so I don't care
Does your life now suck due to these shortages
Mine certainly doesn't. I'm enjoying life and having absolutely no problems with any so called shortage
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 20th, 2022 at 6:07:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: terapined

I stay out of TX so no electricity Shortage for me

Quote:
Texas' power grid operator reassured the conservation notice it gave to millions of customers heading into the weekend did not signify emergency conditions despite six generation facilities tripping offline.

The leaders of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, or ERCOT, and the Public Utilities Commission were front and center on Tuesday to also address its summer assessment, which stated that the agency expects a record for electricity demand from June through September. That demand, they said, will be met as ERCOT urged power providers to delay maintenance, so the electricity continues to flow.

Doesn't sound promising if 6 facilities already shut down.
May 20th, 2022 at 6:07:43 AM permalink
Tanko
Quote: rxwine
The wheat production due to the war is nothing new. Al Jazeera published this a month ago.

We’ll just have to grow more. Oh right, we can’t. Wheat, corn, soybeans and everything else. Farmers can’t afford the 300% increase in fertilizer costs, and they can’t get supplies anyway, thanks to the railroad limiting shipments. Too bad. Small farmers might be forced to sell, but BlackRock and Bill Gates will be there to buy their land at a discount. Farmland and crops are a very effective hedge against inflation. Could not be planned better, if it was intentional.