The Biden Presidency 2022

October 20th, 2022 at 5:11:05 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Sell it all
We don't need a reserve
We are the largest producer on the planet

Thank god Ed isn’t in charge of policy! I like having a reserve for anything important. In (1977?) I slept in a car on a gas line. No thank you!
October 20th, 2022 at 6:03:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Pretty sure I heard our refineries were at capacity. So how is Biden supposed to produce more gas from our own resources? Travel decreased during the pandemic, which kept prices down more than what they normally would have been.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 20th, 2022 at 6:17:30 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Thank god Ed isn’t in charge of policy! I like having a reserve for anything important. In (1977?) I slept in a car on a gas line. No thank you!

More BS from the right
Total BS post.
Nobody in this country will sleep in a gas line
Most dumb absurd stupid insane prediction I have ever heard. It's right up there with the "shock and awe" prediction
What's next. Believe in the big lie
It's amazing the fantasy world the right lives in
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 20th, 2022 at 6:35:51 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
More BS from the right
Total BS post.
Most dumb absurd stupid insane prediction I have ever heard. It's right up there with the "shock and awe" prediction
What's next. Believe in the big lie
It's amazing the fantasy world the right lives in

Reeding izzz haaarrrrdddtttt ddddrrrrrr.
October 20th, 2022 at 6:59:10 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Pretty sure I heard our refineries were at capacity.

They are, but there are fewer of them thanks to the Biden and the democrat party anti-fossil fuel agenda.

Refinery profits historically, were around 4%. Not enough to encourage building new ones, or upgrade the old ones, when they can get 4.6% buying Treasuries.

Certainly not enough, when the president has promised to shut down the fossil fuel industry.

Refining peaked in 2019, at 18.98 million barrels per day. Today, 1.1 fewer million barrels per day are being refined.

'Even as oil and gas companies' profits soar, refineries across the country are being retired and converted to other uses as owners balk at making costly upgrades and America's pivot away from fossil fuels leaves their future uncertain, The Washington Post reports.'
October 20th, 2022 at 6:59:42 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: rquiredusername
Reeding izzz haaarrrrdddtttt ddddrrrrrr.

You actually think without the reserves we would be sleeping in gas lines
That's not what the reserves are for
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 20th, 2022 at 7:13:41 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

You must not have been in SW Florida about two weeks ago. Four to eight hour lines waiting to fill up for gas. I was using my car to charge my cell phone and had to quit doing it because gas wasn't available.

"At one station, in Port Charlotte, cars stretched for over a mile, while hundreds of others in need carried cans. And lawn chairs."

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 20th, 2022 at 7:34:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
You must not have been in SW Florida about two weeks ago. Four to eight hour lines waiting to fill up for gas. I was using my car to charge my cell phone and had to quit doing it because gas wasn't available.

"At one station, in Port Charlotte, cars stretched for over a mile, while hundreds of others in need carried cans. And lawn chairs."

I don’t feel one iota of sorrow or pity for any of those people.

Move to Florida, you take the risk of hurricanes ruining your life.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 20th, 2022 at 7:51:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Tanko
They are, but there are fewer of them thanks to the Biden and the democrat party anti-fossil fuel agenda.

Refinery profits historically, were around 4%. Not enough to encourage building new ones, or upgrade the old ones, when they can get 4.6% buying Treasuries.

Certainly not enough, when the president has promised to shut down the fossil fuel industry.

Refining peaked in 2019, at 18.98 million barrels per day. Today, 1.1 fewer million barrels per day are being refined.

'Even as oil and gas companies' profits soar, refineries across the country are being retired and converted to other uses as owners balk at making costly upgrades and America's pivot away from fossil fuels leaves their future uncertain, The Washington Post reports.'

The lack of faster innovation of non-fossil fuels is mostly the fault of Republicans. Helping the nation essentially produce its own crack is not the answer.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 20th, 2022 at 8:03:46 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich

Release the reserves to SW Florida
If this isn't emergency enough, what is