The Biden Presidency 2022

October 10th, 2022 at 7:26:49 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
Which is actually a very good position for a county. For the first time in many decades undesirable jobs are being forced to make themselves desirable by drastically raising pay, benefits, hours, and working conditions.

Its probably one of the best things to ever happen to worker rights in modern history. Does it slightly increase the cost of some goods and services? Maybe. But, its a net positive.

Wages are the main expense in most industries. We are not talking a slight increase if wages go up 20% the end product is likely going up 10% or more. If wages are too high then there is more incentive to ship the jobs out of the country.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 10th, 2022 at 7:55:14 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
Wages are the main expense in most industries. We are not talking a slight increase if wages go up 20% the end product is likely going up 10% or more. If wages are too high then there is more incentive to ship the jobs out of the country.

You can' ship front counter retail jobs and local shipping jobs oversees. The people struggling the most need boots on the ground in America, not jobs that can be outsourced.
October 11th, 2022 at 3:21:37 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
what I can't believe is the change from the conversations I was having with people in , say , 2019 ... then it was how there just aren't enough jobs out there, that automation keeps eliminating jobs. That we might actually have to create make-work jobs to get people employed ... you know, dig a hole in the ground and then fill it back up again type jobs
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 11th, 2022 at 4:39:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
what I can't believe is the change from the conversations I was having with people in , say , 2019 ... then it was how there just aren't enough jobs out there, that automation keeps eliminating jobs. That we might actually have to create make-work jobs to get people employed ... you know, dig a hole in the ground and then fill it back up again type jobs

Think about it. Wouldn't you go to full employment before running out of jobs? : P

We're on track!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 12th, 2022 at 6:45:10 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
No limit to how low he will go.

Now, he's claiming his son Beau lost his life in Iraq.

“I say this as a father of a man and won the Bronze Star, the conspicuous service medal, and lost his life in Iraq,”
October 13th, 2022 at 2:43:43 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Tanko
No limit to how low he will go.

Now, he's claiming his son Beau lost his life in Iraq.

“I say this as a father of a man and won the Bronze Star, the conspicuous service medal, and lost his life in Iraq,”

Probably a verbal slip when trying to give a speech about the 10th Mountain in Europe and transitioning to the modern day, Joe Biden has long been claiming that his son's cancer was directly caused from his time in Iraq, so its not a stretch to think that he was killed by his time in Iraq in his mind. He was probably trying to say "....lost his life from Iraq"

Everyone knows what happened to his son, its not like he has anyone to fool. (As for the awards he claims, those are 100% legitimate and verifiable).
October 13th, 2022 at 3:20:37 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
He was lying about his dead son to connect with the audience. Like when he told an audience at Mack Truck, how he used to drive an eighteen wheeler. And how he was shot at in Iraq, and came from a family of coal miners and used to work deep in the coal mines.

Biden Lies About His Childhood

Do you automatically assume his son earned those medals for bravery?

That is what he wants you to believe.

His son served as a JAG lawyer, as did DeSantis, who also received the Bronze Star for Meritorious Service.

The medal can be awarded to non-combatants.

The medal for Conspicuous Service was awarded by the state of Delaware.
October 14th, 2022 at 2:00:39 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So a short time ago Captain poopy pants is looking for dead people in the audience and now he's claiming that his son died in Iraq. Which is a total lie. This is what happens to people with dementia they invent stories in their minds and think they're real. My wife's mother does it all the time, she reinvents the past and thinks it really happened. Biden is in serious mental difficulties, but what can they do. The vice president is an incompetent boob, she's a brainless moron. How did we get here. Oh that's right I remember, if you're going to steal an election better make sure you're doing it for capable people.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 14th, 2022 at 7:36:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
So a short time ago Captain poopy pants is looking for dead people in the audience and now he's claiming that his son died in Iraq. Which is a total lie. This is what happens to people with dementia they invent stories in their minds and think they're real. My wife's mother does it all the time, she reinvents the past and thinks it really happened. Biden is in serious mental difficulties, but what can they do. The vice president is an incompetent boob, she's a brainless moron. How did we get here. Oh that's right I remember, if you're going to steal an election better make sure you're doing it for capable people.

I didn’t believe that Biden actually said his son died in Iraq. Until I heard the entire speech. Wifey (who loves ‘Uncle Joe’) tried to interpret it as his son got brain cancer from his time in Iraq. If that’s what he meant to say he could have said it. If Joe Biden was your run of the mill 80 year old making these type of statements you’d just shrug them off as the ramblings of an old guy not doing anyone any harm. But he is the President! And if the Republicans can’t figure out a way to nominate NOT DONALD TRUMP he will be President for 4 more years deeper into his decline.
October 14th, 2022 at 7:40:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
I didn’t believe that Biden actually said his son died in Iraq. Until I heard the entire speech. Wifey (who loves ‘Uncle Joe’) tried to interpret it as his son got brain cancer from his time in Iraq. If that’s what he meant to say he could have said it. If Joe Biden was your run of the mill 80 year old making these type of statements you’d just shrug them off as the ramblings of an old guy not doing anyone any harm. But he is the President! And if the Republicans can’t figure out a way to nominate NOT DONALD TRUMP he will be President for 4 more years deeper into his decline.

No biggie
Jill will make good decisions
Reagan was pretty much gone his 2nd term
We did fine
It's about the power behind the throne
Edith Wilson was a great Predident
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"