Ukraine conflict

March 23rd, 2022 at 5:03:22 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
I get all my information about Ukraine from Scott Adams. Because he's so right so much of the time. He says you can believe nothing the comes out of either side because it's all propaganda that you get with every war for the last four or five hundred years. Both sides exaggerate everything. If Ukraine says they've killed six generals they've actually killed two or three. Maybe. The point is why even follow it till it's over and even then we might not know what really happened. In the meantime why would I care. Are we forgetting that the West has been talking about and reporting about the extremely corrupt government of Ukraine, the number of Nazis that are there for the last 4 or 5 years? All of a sudden Ukraine went from corrupt to Divine, I don't think so.

Didn't you just say a few days ago that you get all your news on Ukraine from the Indian news channels? Now its some comic guy?
Maybe try the AP?

The point to follow it before its over is because its an evolving conflict, that will change the world for years to come. Russia can get larger, or Russia can be checked.

Ukraine certainly has corruption (less than Russia), and pretty on par with much of Eastern Europe. There are Nazis in Ukraine, but its less than most of Europe (all of Europe -less than we have in extremists militias here-). And, neither of these things would be justification to invade Ukraine. We know why Russia wants to invade Ukraine, and has wanted to for decades. The idea that Russia is invading Ukraine because there is a few right wing militias is silly.

Its probably not wise to rely on foreign programs and comic books to get your news (which are pretty obscure choices for something you keep popping into this thread to just say you don't care at all about the topic).

Ukraine didn't go from corrupt to divine, they went from peaceful to being invaded by one of the worlds most powerful militaries (even if its grossly incompetent).
March 23rd, 2022 at 6:10:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler

Its probably not wise to rely on foreign programs and comic books.

I haven'5 watched India news since the first week when it started happening I don't watch any news now because I don't care what happens to Ukraine. They are all Russians as far as I'm concerned and they can all kill themselves as far as I'm concerned, I really couldn't care less. Scott Adams does not write comic books, you obviously don't even know who he is. He has a genius IQ, has been in Mensa for years, has had a number of books on the New York Times bestseller list, and on many things he's no less than brilliant. But how would you know that. You're the guy who thought Vietnam was a backwards crap hole and hadn't changed at all since the end of the war. You keep watching the news about Ukraine and wringing your hands and crying your eyes out over what is probably 85% fake news. The media loves guys like you.

Candace Owens has the same opinion that Ukraine might be the most corrupt government in the world and is full of Nazis. The New York Times sent her an e-mail for an article they're writing asking her where she got this idea about Ukraine from. She wrote them back and said from The New York Times of course. Then she named article after article after article in the New York Times over the last five years where it reported on Ukraine's corruption and Nazism. You really can't make this stuff up, the left-wing media is that out of touch that they don't even remember what they said a year ago.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 23rd, 2022 at 6:30:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You really can't make this stuff up

[long rambling quote snipped for brevity]
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2022 at 6:44:43 PM permalink
Gandler
I haven'5 watched India news since the first week when it started happening I don't watch any news now because I don't care what happens to Ukraine. They are all Russians as far as I'm concerned and they can all kill themselves as far as I'm concerned, I really couldn't care less. Scott Adams does not write comic books, you obviously don't even know who he is. He has a genius IQ, has been in Mensa for years, has had a number of books on the New York Times bestseller list, and on many things he's no less than brilliant. But how would you know that. You're the guy who thought Vietnam was a backwards crap hole and hadn't changed at all since the end of the war. You keep watching the news about Ukraine and wringing your hands and crying your eyes out over what is probably 85% fake news. The media loves guys like you.

Candace Owens has the same opinion that Ukraine might be the most corrupt government in the world and is full of Nazis. The New York Times sent her an e-mail for an article they're writing asking her where she got this idea about Ukraine from. She wrote them back and said from The New York Times of course. Then she named article after article after article in the New York Times over the last five years where it reported on Ukraine's corruption and Nazism. You really can't make this stuff up, the left-wing media is that out of touch that they don't even remember what they said a year ago.

Where did I say "Vietnam was a backwards crap hole and hadn't changed at all since the end of the war" or even hint at it?

Yes, he does write comic books, I have been reading Dilbert strips and Dilbert books (and received quite a few as gifts when younger) since a kid, I know exactly who he is. That is just another factually incorrect statement (in fact for most of his life people know him for his comics, nobody cares about his podcast where he spews political silliness). I did not know that he is in Mensa, but its irrelevant. I know two people in Mensa, both are also very artistic/musical, and I am 99% sure have never operated a firearm (probably even touched) in their life, not people I would look to for military advice (if you want a list of classic composures, sure) [also one is completely unable to hold even the most rudimentary of entry level jobs and still lives with parents in his mid 30s, so its not any kind of indicator of competence or skill in the workplace or real world, actually too high of an IQ can make a very bad worker, this is well known, and one case where average-slightly above average is optimal for being good in the workplace].

The most corrupt Nazi government in the world is led by a Jewish man? Oh Candace Owens said it, so it must be true.... She must be in Mensa as well with thoughts like that...

Instead of just insulting people and posting how much you don't care about people dying in Ukraine, I am going to politely advise you to stop posting in this thread, thank you.
You make a big ado about blocking threads that you don't care about (after taking the time to post that you will do so); I highly suggest you follow that trend with this one.
March 23rd, 2022 at 7:20:36 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
EB does not give a hoot about Ukraine?

Shocking!

Not.

For that matter, who really gives a hoot about EB?
March 23rd, 2022 at 7:25:38 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: missedhervee
EB does not give a hoot about Ukraine?

Shocking!

Not.

For that matter, who really gives a hoot about EB?

That is awful close to personal insult.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 23rd, 2022 at 7:48:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: kenarman
That is awful close to personal insult.

Awfully close is meaningless, especially when there is a post three above which directly breaks two forum rules (potentially three).

Stop nitpicking posts from people you disagree with, while ignoring blatant violations from people you admire, at least be consistent. That is called moral relativism.
March 23rd, 2022 at 8:20:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
European countries are trying to keep a Nazi regime in place. Our rightwing has suffered full-on brain death.

Gee.

What's next? Hitler rises from the dead?

I didn't say corrupt, because by default the Nazis were corrupt.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2022 at 10:47:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler

Instead of just insulting people and posting how much you don't care about people dying in Ukraine, I am going to politely advise you to stop posting in this thread, thank you.

Do you own this thread? Did you even start this thread? You only care because the media tells you to. I don't know anybody in Ukraine, there are currently wars going on in Columbia, Miramar, Syria, Libya, Mali, Algeria, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Mozambique, Niger, Tanzania, Nigeria, Sudan, Ethiopia, Yemen. There are also numerous countries that have numerous skirmishes everyday that kill people. Guess what, I don't give a damn about them either. I don't have enough time to care about what people I don't know and will never meet are doing and that includes Ukraine. Again, the only reason you care so much is because the media is telling you to and the media is your god. So I'm going to have to ask you politely to stop posting in this thread. You seem to be emotionally unprepared for opinions that are not in lockstep with yours.

Scott Adams is an amazing person. He's never afraid to express his opinion and he never hesitates to admit when he's wrong. He also never hesitates to remind us when he was 100% right which is a lot. This guy is more right about more things than I've ever seen in anybody in my life. His ability to separate reality from the fantasy world that the media feeds us is uncanny. His powers of analysis are amazing. He has a huge ego and is irritating as hell a lot of the times, but he's also brilliant. You just hate him because he predicted way back in 2015 that Trump was going to win because Trump has a skill set that Scott Adams had never seen in a presidential candidate before. And Scott is a card-carrying Democrat. I learn something from every podcast I watch and he's arrogant enough that he tells us if you watch him you will learn. His take on Ukraine is nobody really knows what's going on but it's not what the media is telling us. Only the major players know and they aren't talking. He made a credible case last week for Russia invading Ukraine but made an equally credible case for Ukraine not deserving to be invaded.
So pick a side, I'm staying neutral, I don't care about either side. Just like I don't care about the other 40 plus wars and conflicts currently going on in the world. Why would I.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 24th, 2022 at 2:49:14 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Hudson always tells it so well. What will sanctions accomplish?

https://thesaker.is/renegade-interviews-michael-hudson-sanctions-the-blowback/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW