Ukraine conflict

March 24th, 2022 at 6:28:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
Hudson always tells it so well. What will sanctions accomplish?

https://thesaker.is/renegade-interviews-michael-hudson-sanctions-the-blowback/

Do you have an affinity for any other countries besides Russia?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 24th, 2022 at 6:59:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Hudson always tells it so well. What will sanctions accomplish?

https://thesaker.is/renegade-interviews-michael-hudson-sanctions-the-blowback/

Translation
Support Russia

No thanks. We must stand up to evil
I wholeheartedly 100% absolutely support Russian sanctions
It's a no brainer, lives versus money
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 24th, 2022 at 8:10:24 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Is it true that Hunter Biden funded biolabs in Ukraine?!

That’s apparently what the QAnon crazies are peddling today.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 24th, 2022 at 8:52:10 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
Do you own this thread? Did you even start this thread? You only care because the media tells you to. I don't know anybody in Ukraine, there are currently wars going on in Columbia, Miramar, Syria, Libya, Mali, Algeria, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Mozambique, Niger, Tanzania, Nigeria, Sudan, Ethiopia, Yemen. There are also numerous countries that have numerous skirmishes everyday that kill people. Guess what, I don't give a damn about them either. I don't have enough time to care about what people I don't know and will never meet are doing and that includes Ukraine. Again, the only reason you care so much is because the media is telling you to and the media is your god. So I'm going to have to ask you politely to stop posting in this thread. You seem to be emotionally unprepared for opinions that are not in lockstep with yours.

Scott Adams is an amazing person. He's never afraid to express his opinion and he never hesitates to admit when he's wrong. He also never hesitates to remind us when he was 100% right which is a lot. This guy is more right about more things than I've ever seen in anybody in my life. His ability to separate reality from the fantasy world that the media feeds us is uncanny. His powers of analysis are amazing. He has a huge ego and is irritating as hell a lot of the times, but he's also brilliant. You just hate him because he predicted way back in 2015 that Trump was going to win because Trump has a skill set that Scott Adams had never seen in a presidential candidate before. And Scott is a card-carrying Democrat. I learn something from every podcast I watch and he's arrogant enough that he tells us if you watch him you will learn. His take on Ukraine is nobody really knows what's going on but it's not what the media is telling us. Only the major players know and they aren't talking. He made a credible case last week for Russia invading Ukraine but made an equally credible case for Ukraine not deserving to be invaded.
So pick a side, I'm staying neutral, I don't care about either side. Just like I don't care about the other 40 plus wars and conflicts currently going on in the world. Why would I.

Oh I don't know, global citizenry perhaps?

I care about more conflicts than you realize and think we need to be in far more places. I also think the U.N. needs to be in more places (blue helmets).

However, Ukraine is different, this is a chance to stop true evil in the world, this is not some intra-country warlord dispute. This is a country trying to annex another (and two very large countries on the cusp of the West). It is equivalent to what Iraq did to Kuwait in the 1990s. It's always a big deal when a country invaded another, especially when they have weapons of mass destruction.

As for Scott Adams, yeah I loved Dilbtert for many years, don't care about his podcast or political affiliation. I don't know why you are lauding him so fervently. He is not a thought leader on this issue.

I don't own this thread (nor did I create it), but anyone has a right to give directives when somebody comes into a thread just to break the rules while saying how much they don't care.
March 24th, 2022 at 9:17:57 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
there are currently wars going on in Columbia, Miramar

As a Columbia grad I’d be aware if there was a war going on on campus. My friend who lives on the beach in Miramar has assured me there is no war going on in her town.

Bob needs to check his spellcheck!
March 24th, 2022 at 9:30:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
As a Columbia grad I’d be aware if there was a war going on on campus. My friend who lives on the beach in Miramar has assured me there is no war going on in her town.

lol.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 24th, 2022 at 9:33:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I miss EB’s iambic pentameter posting style.

These new wall-of-text posts aren’t nearly as easy to read. Just as easy to mock for their cluelessness though.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 24th, 2022 at 11:01:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO

I dictate everything now and if it gets a word spelled wrong I don't care. Life is too short.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 24th, 2022 at 12:09:52 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Russia is out of t he G20 and Ukraine is in. Russia has 9 times the GDP of Ukraine. Russia is close to S Korea, while Ukraine is more like Hungary.
March 24th, 2022 at 2:07:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler

However, Ukraine is different, this is a chance to stop true evil in the world, .

Is humorous that the media has brainwashed you into thinking Ukraine and Russia are not equally corrupt and evil. Russia is Ukraine and Ukraine is Russia in almost every conceivable way. It's equally humorous the the stand-up comic who got elected president of Ukraine is now some kind of divine hero. What a joke. I think Russia will win eventually just by their sheer numbers alone. What's the difference, Russians beating other Russians, who cares. It's really just another half ass Civil War like all the other civil wars going on around the world. Scott Adams was saying today that Ukraine is blowing it on their persuasive propaganda by only showing one or two dead Russian soldiers at once. He says they need to pile the bodies up because that's what good propagandists do and it works. Showing one or two dead bodies, nobody really cares or relates to it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.