Ukraine conflict

March 25th, 2022 at 12:02:42 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
You don't even meet my low bar let alone my high bar. The media has shaped your brain so that you are now the perfect liberal tool. Thank God you are in a huge minority or we would be in serious trouble.

Yes, I am such a huge minority, that on the issues you disagree with me most on, I am in the majority opinion (of Americans)....
Unless that is what "huge minority" means?

Just being a Democrat makes you in the majority automatically.
March 25th, 2022 at 2:23:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
During the 70s and 80s in the old Soviet Union at any given time 60% all the male workers in any factory were legally drunk. In 2004 75% of the men in Russia we're alcoholics. It's actually going down and today it's 50% of the men. If you watch any travel videos like I do Russians drink a lot, morning afternoon evening it doesn't matter. You have to wonder what percentage of the Russian army is alcoholic. If the general population of men is 50% the Army alcoholics I would guess has to be at least 33%. It's high in Ukraine also but not as high as in Russia. In fact the 10 highest countries for alcoholism are all in the Eastern block except for South Korea. I'm surprised Japan is not in the top 10. Lots and lots of Japanese businessman get shitfaced every night after work.

The point is the Russian army with that many drunks has to be totally inefficient and have a terrible morale problem. Again I have to agree with Scott Adams that the fighting has been pretty much over for a while in Ukraine all they're doing now is just surviving and keeping the war going in propaganda. Anybody else notice Captain Poopypants seems to have no desire at all for this war to stop. As long as it's in the top of the headlines every day nobody's talking about covid or the crappy job he's doing as president, so he's perfectly happy to keep it going as long as possible.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 25th, 2022 at 3:28:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Anybody else notice Captain Poopypants seems to have no desire at all for this war to stop. As long as it's in the top of the headlines every day nobody's talking about covid or the crappy job he's doing as president, so he's perfectly happy to keep it going as long as possible.

Translation: Biden is handling the Ukraine situation quite well.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 25th, 2022 at 6:55:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Translation: Biden is handling the Ukraine situation quite well.

Some of the complaints about Biden's response are clueless. I was listening to conservative commentator complain that Biden wouldn't' give a specific response if the Russians use chemical weapons.

Well, we don't need to inform the Russians of what specific things we might target. Let them think they might get hit anywhere. And obviously we can't act generally to any degree of violation. It depends on how extensive the violation is. Who they attack, what they use, and how many people it affects.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 25th, 2022 at 7:08:44 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Some of the complaints about Biden's response are clueless. I was listening to conservative commentator complain that Biden wouldn't' give a specific response if the Russians use chemical weapons.

Well, we don't need to inform the Russians of what specific things we might target. Let them think they might get hit anywhere. And obviously we can't act generally to any degree of violation. It depends on how extensive the violation is. Who they attack, what they use, and how many people it affects.

Or possibly he is signaling the Russians he isn't going to do F all.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 25th, 2022 at 7:20:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
Or possibly he is signaling the Russians he isn't going to do F all.

You have to ignore everything the media says about what Captain Poopypants is doing. You have to ignore everything the Captain himself says. Russia owns Joe Biden's family he will do anything they want him to do. They have so much dirt on him and Hunter Biden from their actions in Ukraine and Russia from 3 + 4 + 8 years ago that Putin says jump! Captain Poopypants says how high Master, how high should I jump? LOL the New York Times just confirmed what we all knew that Hunter Biden's laptop is 100% legitimate and everything on it is 100% true. They must want Biden out of there very very badly. Everybody with half a sane thought wants him out of there. He's destroying us. You think the inflation is bad now wait till the fuel prices catch up with the trucking industry, you ain't seen nothing yet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 25th, 2022 at 7:31:33 PM permalink
Gandler

They are mostly upset that they do not have Trump to give Russia a heads up on the retaliatory strike locations before air strikes in response to chemical attacks so that Russia can evacuate troops and give air defense artillery (look at what he did in Syria with giving Russians heads up on strikes and pulling out SMs....).
March 25th, 2022 at 8:42:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
They are mostly upset that they do not have Trump to give Russia a heads up on the retaliatory strike locations before air strikes in response to chemical attacks so that Russia can evacuate troops and give air defense artillery (look at what he did in Syria with giving Russians heads up on strikes and pulling out SMs....).

I'd much rather have Biden than Trump. Trump made himself a hero by selling out someone in each potential instance. In Syria, it was letting the pro-democracy fighters go under the barrage of Russia and Assad. In Iraq he sold out the kurds. When the reporter was murdered in the Saudi Embassy, he eventually just let it slide. And it's hard to say if he was really improving NATO or destroying unity. And in Ukraine looked like he was extorting Zelinsky for his personal political ambitions. And he abandons all his cronies as soon as they try to expose his corrupt ass.

That he would manage to let Ukraine go under without much resistance to cater to putin, wouldn't be too hard to imagine.

Weirdly enough, the only people I really remember Trump standing up to was our allies.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 25th, 2022 at 9:09:01 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
They have so much dirt on him and Hunter Biden from their actions in Ukraine and Russia from 3 + 4 + 8 years ago that Putin says jump! Captain Poopypants says how high Master, how high should I jump?

They've got nothing, you've got nothing.

Bark bark!
March 25th, 2022 at 9:13:12 PM permalink
Gandler
I'd much rather have Biden than Trump. Trump made himself a hero by selling out someone in each potential instance. In Syria, it was letting the pro-democracy fighters go under the barrage of Russia and Assad. In Iraq he sold out the kurds. When the reporter was murdered in the Saudi Embassy, he eventually just let it slide. And it's hard to say if he was really improving NATO or destroying unity. And in Ukraine looked like he was extorting Zelinsky for his personal political ambitions. And he abandons all his cronies as soon as they try to expose his corrupt ass.

That he would manage to let Ukraine go under without much resistance to cater to putin, wouldn't be too hard to imagine.

Weirdly enough, the only people I really remember Trump standing up to was our allies.

Of course, and yet people think he is the strongest President of all time, when he actively limited American presence abroad while giving tips to the Russians.

I don't feel bad for his cronies, he has operated that way his whole life, if they did not know what they were getting into or thought he would operate difference as President, they have no room to complain. I mean one of the few sane people in his cabinet was General Mattis, and he resigned almost immediately the second he saw Trump had no plans to reconsider pulling out of Syria.