Ukraine conflict

March 27th, 2022 at 6:56:59 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
https://media.defense.gov/2022/Mar/11/2002954612/-1/-1/0/FACT-SHEET-THE-DEPARTMENT-OF-DEFENSE%27S-COOPERATIVE-THREAT-REDUCTION-PROGRAM-BIOLOGICAL-THREAT-REDUCTION-PROGRAM-ACTIVITIES-IN-UKRAINE.PDF

This is the DOD statement on Biolabs in Ukraine.

There are several hundred in countries around the world (that receive American money). And, many more that do not. Many of these house dangerous pathogen for obvious reasons. It is not to make biological weapons.

Anytime such an area around a lab comes into conflict or natural disaster it is cause for concern.

Biological weapons besides being illegal, are not effective. They are simply not good weapons in the modern world. The idea that America has some kind of vested interest in making them is silly. I think that the last time there was a legitimate biological threat was the anthrax attack, and even that caused single digit deaths (and nobody who they really wanted). There is a reason that even terrorist groups largely don't bother with them anymore.

I don't understand why this obsession with biolabs is still out there.

Russia is one of the few countries that may actually have a bioweapons program, and nobody seems concerned about it (they certainly are not afraid of using radiation, biological, and chemical localized actions to target individuals with poisoning etc...). Its just another example of Russia doing something while saying another country is the problem (and useful idiots buying in). But, even this does not overly worry me (on a global scale), because Russia has more effective weapons (chemical and conventional), so if they want to cause worldwide damage, there are better options for them, but its just an example of their hypocrisy.
March 27th, 2022 at 7:54:22 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
What do you think of your man Biden cutting the F35 program funding by 35% Gandler?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 27th, 2022 at 8:16:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
What do you think of your man Biden cutting the F35 program funding by 35% Gandler?

Due to the performance of Russia
They only cut 35%??????????????
WTF
Let's get REAL
Drones are cheaper, more effective and a pilots life is not at stake.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 27th, 2022 at 8:49:58 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

I honestly don't know the full story (and have not really looked into it), but generally I am against cutting programs that are successful.

I have no issue bashing Biden when he makes dumb moves (I had a whole thread on it). But, I simply don't know enough about the reason for the cuts to have an informed opinion on it (my vague understanding is they are simply ordering less than originally planned, but this is very cursory). And, there could be reasons for this (maybe they decided last year they need more of some other aircraft or such)?
March 27th, 2022 at 11:05:13 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
by substantiating the Russian Federations subsequent claims that Hunter Biden played a key role in securing funding for those biolabs in Ukraine.'

This is why I watch Scott Adams. He predicted this over a week ago that Hunter Biden would be linked to biolabs in Ukraine. The Biden crime family has its stinky greedy fingers into everything.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 27th, 2022 at 11:34:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
This is why I watch Scott Adams. He predicted this over a week ago that Hunter Biden would be linked to biolabs in Ukraine. The Biden crime family has its stinky greedy fingers into everything.

Scott Adams is no more impressive than your average psychic.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 27th, 2022 at 11:48:02 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96

I'm not Gandler, but I'll answer anyway.

Good move, Joe.

The F-35 is basically a mediocre plane, per report.

Makes more sense to continue to buy evolutions of other, successful fighters such as the F-15 and F-16 while working on a new 6th gen fighter.
March 27th, 2022 at 12:27:59 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Scott Adams is no more impressive than your average psychic.

EB spends a lot of time berating anything the MSM says.

So much more impressive that he gets all his information from the Dilbert guy.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 27th, 2022 at 12:59:20 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Doesn't it seem that this board has spent a lot more time talking about some obscure war in Europe between two country's that we aren't connected with [Russia and Ukraine] than the amount of time we spent talking about the war in Afghanistan vs USA, plus allies that we fought and financed for over 20 years?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 27th, 2022 at 1:47:56 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
EB spends a lot of time berating anything the MSM says.

So much more impressive that he gets all his information from the Dilbert guy.
https://www.google.com/search?q=does+the+cia+finance+mainstream+companies&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS839US839&oq=Does+the+CIA+finance+mainstream&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j33i160l2.27783j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"https://www.cato.org/commentary/how-national-security-state-manipulates-news-media"

"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW