Ukraine conflict

May 15th, 2022 at 12:29:47 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I read that the shooter live streamed it on Twitch (a site I'd never heard of) and that they soon took it down.

Got to think that it is still out there somewhere though on some website...anybody have a link to it?

Hello, morbid curiosity.
May 15th, 2022 at 3:51:59 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: kenarman
Don't count on it DR. This is a white shooting blacks so it fits the MSM agenda, it will be in the cycle for weeks. Unlike the subway shooting of whites by a black. That story was killed within days.

I get it, the masses want to see this. But let's face it, I am much more important and intelligent than the masses so show me what I want.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 15th, 2022 at 5:19:38 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: DRich
I get it, the masses want to see this. But let's face it, I am much more important and intelligent than the masses so show me what I want.

I am not sure about the important part, but you don't give a s...t about that anyway. But I will give you the second part.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 18th, 2022 at 5:34:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I do have to say I just read another thing about McDonalds closing (well staying closed at this point) in Russia. And, I find this very impressive for a number of reasons. Apparently 2% of their revenue comes from their Russia locations. But, not only that, Russian McDonalds are not franchise (unlike most of the world), meaning every (or at least the vast majority, I think there are a couple of exceptions now) of McDonalds in Russia is a corporate restaurant (which for McDonalds is very rare for a company that 95% of locations globally are franchised). And, they are continuing to pay workers their full salary until a new buyer makes an offer. This may seems small, and McDonalds often gets a bad rap (often justified), but this is huge, it shows that they are willing to cut off a significant source of revenue, and many of their corporate owned stores to make a statement. They are basically shutting off a country of corporate owned stores.

This is much different than if all Russian McDonalds were just local franchises and they cutoff support and supplies.
May 20th, 2022 at 6:35:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Russians are planning on completely removing the remains of that steel plant they added a few tons of bombs to and turning Mariupol into a resort area.

I imagine that will be quite difficult as long as some Ukrainians are still alive.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 20th, 2022 at 6:48:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Btw, that plant was extremely impressive, at least from conventional weapons standpoint. Amazing they could survive all that pounding for so long.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 20th, 2022 at 7:18:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
With Russia losing the way they are one can only wonder how the reparations thing will work out, if at all.

I believe the west plans to hold Russia's feet to the fire on this issue.
May 21st, 2022 at 4:47:47 AM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
I do have to say I just read another thing about McDonalds closing (well staying closed at this point) in Russia. And, I find this very impressive for a number of reasons. Apparently 2% of their revenue comes from their Russia locations. But, not only that, Russian McDonalds are not franchise (unlike most of the world), meaning every (or at least the vast majority, I think there are a couple of exceptions now) of McDonalds in Russia is a corporate restaurant (which for McDonalds is very rare for a company that 95% of locations globally are franchised). And, they are continuing to pay workers their full salary until a new buyer makes an offer. This may seems small, and McDonalds often gets a bad rap (often justified), but this is huge, it shows that they are willing to cut off a significant source of revenue, and many of their corporate owned stores to make a statement. They are basically shutting off a country of corporate owned stores.

This is much different than if all Russian McDonalds were just local franchises and they cutoff support and supplies.

Come on bro, you know they calculated they’re likely to make more money total (in other locations where there won’t be any SJW business lost as a result of keeping them open) than they would be keeping it open, else they wouldn’t do it. Let’s not be naïve and pretend this is because McD’s wants to do the moral thing.
May 30th, 2022 at 11:04:40 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
so "US President Biden says he won't send rockets to Ukraine that could reach Russia"

Someone explain to me how that works?
Even if they have a range of 10 miles and Ukraine installs them just inside the border, then they CAN reach Russia, nominally. Meanwhile Putin hears that and has his LONG range missile launchers deploy a few miles inside its own side of the border and blasts cities to oblivion.

Ukraine is losing. Putin is winning, regardless of how much the west cheers on the heroic Ukrainians. The west should not let Putin dictate where the red lines are.

I'm all for peace and de-escalating, but there's only one thing Putin understands and it ain't diplomacy.
May 30th, 2022 at 2:12:43 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: OnceDear
so "US President Biden says he won't send rockets to Ukraine that could reach Russia"

Someone explain to me how that works?
Even if they have a range of 10 miles and Ukraine installs them just inside the border, then they CAN reach Russia, nominally. Meanwhile Putin hears that and has his LONG range missile launchers deploy a few miles inside its own side of the border and blasts cities to oblivion.

Ukraine is losing. Putin is winning, regardless of how much the west cheers on the heroic Ukrainians. The west should not let Putin dictate where the red lines are.

I'm all for peace and de-escalating, but there's only one thing Putin understands and it ain't diplomacy.

I think I am ready for the US to send soldiers to Ukraine. Soldiers would not cross into Russia but would be allowed to target with missiles any location firing into Ukraine.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.