Ukraine conflict

May 30th, 2022 at 3:07:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
I think I am ready for the US to send soldiers to Ukraine. Soldiers would not cross into Russia but would be allowed to target with missiles any location firing into Ukraine.

Biden is owned by Ukraine so he may send troops there to start WWIII.
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2022 at 3:09:38 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Biden is owned by Ukraine so he may send troops there to start WWIII.

I hope he does.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 30th, 2022 at 5:04:08 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
I do have to say I just read another thing about McDonalds closing (well staying closed at this point) in Russia. And, I find this very impressive for a number of reasons.

Closing their restaurants cost MCD $50 million in monthly revenues. Now, they are leaving Russia altogether.

"The burger chain will sell its Russia business, saying the "humanitarian crisis caused by the war in Ukraine, and the precipitating unpredictable operating environment, have led McDonald's to conclude that continued ownership of the business in Russia is no longer tenable, nor is it consistent with McDonald's values."

"McDonald's had 847 restaurants in Russia at the close of last year, according to an investor document. Together with another 108 in Ukraine, they accounted for 9% of the company's revenue in 2021."
June 13th, 2022 at 1:36:44 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russian-army-will-be-deploying-nicaragua-humanitarian-operations

Blowback is bound to happen. Keep giving the Uko's Javelins [sans batteries] and something is bound to come back.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 13th, 2022 at 4:17:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russian-army-will-be-deploying-nicaragua-humanitarian-operations

Blowback is bound to happen. Keep giving the Uko's Javelins [sans batteries] and something is bound to come back.

I clicked on the link. 2nd sentence
Why doesn't whoever is Tyler Durden expand on that 2nd sentence discussing Tucker and foxnews

"The US has already suffered a communist invasion from within"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 13th, 2022 at 5:59:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph

Russia's no tiny island country. Nothing mysterious about how difficult it is to constrain them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 15th, 2022 at 7:00:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Taiwan makes a potential threat against invasion.

Quote:
The rare hint at potential retaliation didn't come from the government, but rather from Taiwan's parliamentary speaker, You Si-kun, who was one of three Taiwanese officials—along with Foreign Minister Joseph Wu and Premier Su Tseng-chang—to be sanctioned by China late last year.

Speaking at a virtual event on Sunday, You departed from Taipei's usual emphasis on defense to note that Taiwan's domestically produced Yun Feng supersonic cruise missiles could reach Beijing. The secrecy surrounding the island's missile programs means the precise capability of the Yun Feng and its current production volume have never been publicly confirmed, although experts predict a maximum effective range of 1,200 miles—putting the Chinese capital just within reach.

Breaching that giant dam would likely be worse than whatever number of missiles they could hit Bejing with. Short of nuking the island right off, no guarantee China could safeguard against it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-warns-of-taiwan-demise-after-official-claims-missiles-can-hit-beijing/ar-AAYuk0K?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=aa1b06ecb02647458dece2c8773be2b9
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 16th, 2022 at 11:25:33 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Gee, I have to think that Putin calculated that protracted war will hurt the west's economy, and it has; now we have to deal with our own problems and will over time lose interest in helping Ukraine and leave it for the Russian bear to devour.
June 16th, 2022 at 12:55:00 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
Gee, I have to think that Putin calculated that protracted war will hurt the west's economy, and it has; now we have to deal with our own problems and will over time lose interest in helping Ukraine and leave it for the Russian bear to devour.

I have no reason to believe Putin calculated that, but it is what I expect to happen now.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 17th, 2022 at 4:19:20 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: missedhervee

He didn’t have to predict economic issues. We have short attention spans and recently left a long period of war. The appetite for staying the course is not high. The economic situation is icing on the cake for him.