Is Covid over?

May 8th, 2022 at 12:03:59 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
January 20, 2020 CDC confirms the first U.S. laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19 in the U.S. from samples taken on January 18 in Washington state.
June 6th, 2022 at 11:54:28 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Covid seems to be over judging by a YouTube video I was recommended of an investigation of how clean pool water really is. The video showed a crowded pool full of People with no masks on standing just inches away from each other in the pool. I was expecting the comments to be something like,"This is a great way to catch Covid," but the comments were about how gross standing in a pool full of people really is, and the grossness of people using the pool as a personal toilet. I didn't see even one Covid related comment. This video seemed more like it was filmed before 2020.
https://youtu.be/JEEY7LHSXQs
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 7th, 2022 at 8:03:48 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Riverjordan
When exactly did Covid start? I personally didn't know what it was until around February 2020 but multiple people said they started getting sick in Fall of 2019 but just assumed it was a bad Flu Season. I remember hearing in November 2019 that a bad Flu was going around. The general consensus was that Covid broke out in China on December 31st, 2019, but I have seen reports that it could have broken out as early as Summer 2019!

We know it was here earlier than we thought. China likely knows it was there much earlier than they reported but they are not sharing information that they have that would prove what they knew one way or the other.

China is a barrier in getting to the bottom of the issue and letting science document the issue and the actual start of the spread to the extent they can do that. That would be helpful information for the next pandemic.

Don’t worry, though, they have the slave labor to make shoes and make those NBA player richer!
June 7th, 2022 at 2:01:51 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: RonC
We know it was hear earlier than we thought. China likely knows it was there much earlier than they reported but they are not sharing information that they have that would prove what they knew one way or the other.

China is a barrier in getting to the bottom of the issue and letting science document the issue and the actual start of the spread to the extent they can do that. That would be helpful information for the next pandemic.

Don’t worry, though, they have the slave labor to make shoes and make those NBA player richer!

Covid should never have left China. It should have been contained when the very first people in China started getting mysteriously sick.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 7th, 2022 at 2:15:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Not without a passport.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 8th, 2022 at 4:24:02 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: rxwine
Not without a passport.

Brilliant and funny response! 🤣
June 8th, 2022 at 1:22:28 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The current wave may be winding down, but the next wave could begin over the summer, as it did last year.

Not yet FDA approved, 'Moderna says its new vaccine booster shows 'superior' response to Omicron'
June 8th, 2022 at 2:16:15 PM permalink
Riverjordan
In a feel good Covid ad they said something like,"2020 was the time we were scared. Now we have our lives back." I love that quote! :)
July 16th, 2022 at 9:32:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
This is a short quote from an article in 'Common Sense Media' hardly a conservative site. It examines all the high level resignations from both NIH and CDC that have been occurring because the science is being ignored and the politicians are pushing the agenda.

"The CDC has experienced a similar exodus. “There’s been a large amount of turnover. Morale is low,” one high level official at the CDC told us. “Things have become so political, so what are we there for?” Another CDC scientist told us: “I used to be proud to tell people I work at the CDC. Now I’m embarrassed.”

Why are they embarrassed? In short, bad science.

The longer answer: that the heads of their agencies are using weak or flawed data to make critically important public health decisions. That such decisions are being driven by what’s politically palatable to people in Washington or to the Biden administration. And that they have a myopic focus on one virus instead of overall health."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 16th, 2022 at 9:32:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
This is a short quote from an article in 'Common Sense Media' hardly a conservative site. It examines all the high level resignations from both NIH and CDC that have been occurring because the science is being ignored and the politicians are pushing the agenda.

"The CDC has experienced a similar exodus. “There’s been a large amount of turnover. Morale is low,” one high level official at the CDC told us. “Things have become so political, so what are we there for?” Another CDC scientist told us: “I used to be proud to tell people I work at the CDC. Now I’m embarrassed.”

Why are they embarrassed? In short, bad science.

The longer answer: that the heads of their agencies are using weak or flawed data to make critically important public health decisions. That such decisions are being driven by what’s politically palatable to people in Washington or to the Biden administration. And that they have a myopic focus on one virus instead of overall health."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin