Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade?

June 24th, 2022 at 2:23:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The biggest problem I have with abortion is that people lie to themselves about it. I'm old enough now that I've known several women over the years that had abortions and every single one of them regrets it now. Even at the time they had the abortion none of them felt like it was a nothingburger, even the strongest atheist felt like she just did a very selfish thing. I'm talking about consensual sex abortions not about rapes. No matter how you lie to yourself about what stage a group of cells becomes a baby every woman knows she's doing something that is not natural.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 24th, 2022 at 2:29:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
The biggest problem I have with abortion is that people lie to themselves about it. I'm old enough now that I've known several women over the years that had abortions and every single one of them regrets it now.

Absolute nonsense.

Who here actually believes ANY woman would discuss their abortion with someone like EB?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 24th, 2022 at 2:37:36 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
"One study found that 44% of respondents regretted their decision to get an abortion. Among their emotional symptoms, women in the study cited depression, feelings of loss, shame and even negative feelings when they were around other babies. 42% of those women said the adverse psychological effects continued for 10 years or more."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 24th, 2022 at 2:37:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
The biggest problem I have with abortion is that people lie to themselves about it. I'm old enough now that I've known several women over the years that had abortions and every single one of them regrets it now. Even at the time they had the abortion none of them felt like it was a nothingburger, even the strongest atheist felt like she just did a very selfish thing. I'm talking about consensual sex abortions not about rapes. No matter how you lie to yourself about what stage a group of cells becomes a baby every woman knows she's doing something that is not natural.

It is rare the woman who does not regret it and the ones that do not are usually crazy, undatable feminazis. A woman gets pregnant and hormones start kicking up. Maternal instinct kicks in. They change.

This is why the pro-abortion groups hate the pregnancy centers that counsel against abortions. The hate they have is very deep.
The President is a fink.
June 24th, 2022 at 2:40:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Just for FYI.

Life at conception is literally cells.

Quote:
At the end of 3 days, the fertilized egg cell has become a berry-like structure made up of 16 cells
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 24th, 2022 at 2:43:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Just for FYI.

As is your life at your age. Just a clump of cells, using resources of the planet. Nothing you say can change that.
The President is a fink.
June 24th, 2022 at 2:47:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
As is your life at your age. Just a clump of cells, using resources of the planet. Nothing you say can change that.

And... ?

That's suppose to prove something to me? I said it, I certainly meant it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 24th, 2022 at 2:50:15 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
"One study found that 44% of respondents regretted their decision to get an abortion. Among their emotional symptoms, women in the study cited depression, feelings of loss, shame and even negative feelings when they were around other babies. 42% of those women said the adverse psychological effects continued for 10 years or more."

EB says “every single one,” this study found less than half.

Hmmm, which should we believe?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 24th, 2022 at 4:57:40 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Just for FYI.

“Life”…that is the very reason it is a sticky issue.

We are the same…a clump of cells.
June 24th, 2022 at 5:05:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Why do babies cry when they're born? Because that's when the Supreme Court stops caring about them.