Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade?

June 25th, 2022 at 11:27:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Like Thomas said, this concerns more than just abortion unenumerated rights. Should heterosexual marriages be the only ones legal in all states?

(obviously some people here will say yes, heh)

Absolutely. They are what marriage was defined as and are biologically correct.
The President is a fink.
June 25th, 2022 at 11:43:39 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
You don’t expect me to believe you would accept these casual excuses with an “oh well” if it was something you cared about getting overturned. Besides that, they overruled a “right” that existed for 50 years. That’s not a minor law ruling.

They didn’t give people more freedom with this rule, they made it possible to give more people fewer choices between two they had before it. The only equivalency is if they were overturning forced abortions.

Never told you it was minor or that you should not care.

Why would you think that?

It is a serious ruling correcting a seriously poor ruling.
June 25th, 2022 at 11:54:03 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

I fully support aborting as many potential Trumps as possible.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 25th, 2022 at 12:36:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
Never told you it was minor or that you should not care.

Why would you think that?

It is a serious ruling correcting a seriously poor ruling.

You can stop pretending abortion opponents did anything but be glad it wasn't stronger. It's not fooling anyone.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 25th, 2022 at 12:52:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You can stop pretending abortion opponents did anything but be glad it wasn't stronger. It's not fooling anyone.

These righties pretending it is an issue that should be left to the states will FULLY SUPPORT a nationwide ban when their psychotic party attempts it in a couple years.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 25th, 2022 at 2:23:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Breaking news out of Phoenix, Ariz.:
Pro-abortion protesters surrounded the capitol in an attempted insurrection & began pounding on the windows. Law enforcement has used tear gas to disperse the crowd."

Will there soon be June 25th Congressional hearings about this obvious insurrection? LOLOLOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 25th, 2022 at 2:40:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Breaking news out of Phoenix, Ariz.:
Pro-abortion protesters surrounded the capitol in an attempted insurrection & began pounding on the windows. Law enforcement has used tear gas to disperse the crowd."

Will there soon be June 25th Congressional hearings about this obvious insurrection? LOLOLOL

It does meet the Democrat Party standard of sedition.
The President is a fink.
June 25th, 2022 at 3:47:38 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

Did I say that?

Nope.

I did say it would have been better had the ruling in Roe never been made because we would be in a better place now. Abortions would be legal in many states and not in others. Now we have a mosh mash of laws in some states that have an old law that was overturned in 1973 and a new law since then. The old law is stricter. Which law wins?

I’m not trying to fool anyone…here or anywhere…
June 25th, 2022 at 5:04:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
Did I say that?

Nope.

I did say it would have been better had the ruling in Roe never been made because we would be in a better place now. Abortions would be legal in many states and not in others. Now we have a mosh mash of laws in some states that have an old law that was overturned in 1973 and a new law since then. The old law is stricter. Which law wins?

I’m not trying to fool anyone…here or anywhere…

And you can stop with that faulty argument as well. If I say, your IQ is 70, do I need to say you're not very smart?

And you're wrong about it being better. There'd be plenty of people in the states wanting access that would still have to leave the state, possibly teens
who trying to get abortions facing prosecution because they didn't know the law or back-alley abortions because they couldn't reasonably travel. Literally when it's legal federally, everyone who doesn't want one doesn't have to get one.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 25th, 2022 at 5:29:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Obergefell, the plaintiff in the SCOTUS same-sex marriage ruling, said it's 'quite telling' Clarence Thomas omitted the case that legalized interracial marriage after saying the courts should go after other right to privacy cases