Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

June 5th, 2022 at 8:29:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rquiredusername
Nothing wrong with feeling uncomfortable with mental illness.

Or is it mental illness that makes one feel uncomfortable?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 5th, 2022 at 8:37:29 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
And what if you found the penis while being intimate?
Same answer .Like most humans, my sexual preferences and reactions are largely hard wired in hormones and genes. I happen to be quite hetero, with common sexual preferences. No amount of wokeness changes that. I'm just on a scale somewhere near the median. Progressing towards intimacy usually involves hard wired filters and behaviours that are particular to me. If I found the penis while getting intimate, I'd likely lose any erection, feel a bit uncomfortable and surprised at myself for getting in that situation. If I felt deceived I'd probably feel angry. All perfectly natural primal reactions. But you or anyone behaving differently, to either extreme, would be understandable and frankly none of my concern. I'm comfortable in my preferences. Some may be more so. Some less so. Woke... Nothing to do with primal instincts.
June 5th, 2022 at 8:43:44 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
You seem to think being woke is a virtue. Presenting yourself as the opposite gender is just weird. When I was a kid sick people were described as being “sick” meaning mentally ill. Let me ask you. Someone presents as opposite sex and you start taking an interest in them then find the truth. Is it “no problem” then? What if you start getting physical then find the truth?

We as a society used to call this kind of behavior out. Now too many excuse it

This is not a good argument against bathroom use, this is a standard fear mongering of being attracted to a woman who is a really a man.

First of all if you are attracted to them then you are attracted to them, if seeing their genitals makes you unattracted to them (whether that be because of the type they were born with, a deformity, some kind of issue, or any other reason), you stop. That is why you can say "no" at any stage, consent in the beginning does not force you to ride it all the way through so to speak if your feelings change.... (This is like 9th Grade health class advice...).

I hear this all of the time and have to wonder; does it ever even actually happen? Or are some straight men just so insecure that they fear that they may accidentally attracted to somebody who was assigned male at birth?

How do you stop this, even if you think it is a problem? Do you have laws forcing certain genders to dress a certain way? Bathroom laws are certainly not going to stop you from drunkenly hitting on the "wrong person" in a bar.... The only way to solve that is to outlaw somebody being trans (which could never happen, because it would be all kinds of rights violations, including the 1st Amendment foremost).
June 5th, 2022 at 8:45:42 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: DRich
my guess .. nature or nurture. If a male found himself in a 'repellent' sexual situation, he might be scarred mentally for the rest of his life. E.g. take a scenario where a young male adult got an erection in the male showers. If he had been brought up to believe that was wrong, imagine what kind of adult he might turn into. All understandable. We are formed by our experiences and how we deal with them. We are also still very much hard wired at birth. it's not just genetics. It's not just nurture. It's a complex soup of influences. And we are each unique.

Mental illness... That's something we as a species are waking up to. Is homosexuality mental illness, is liberalism, is racism, is narcissism, is sexual attraction to donkeys is religion, ADHD, autism,... Is evil... Is bigotry?
I posit that these are all just facets of the human animal.
June 5th, 2022 at 9:04:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich

No, being uncomfortable around a guy pretending to be a woman is quite normal. A guy pretending to be a woman is not. Even little kids will see a guy pretending to be a woman. And know something is wrong.
The President is a fink.
June 5th, 2022 at 9:06:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: OnceDear
my guess .. nature or nurture. If a male found himself in a 'repellent' sexual situation, he might be scarred mentally for the rest of his life. E.g. take a scenario where a young male adult got an erection in the male showers. If he had been brought up to believe that was wrong, imagine what kind of adult he might turn into. All understandable. We are formed by our experiences and how we deal with them. We are also still very much hard wired at birth. it's not just genetics. It's not just nurture. It's a complex soup of influences. And we are each unique.

Hey, maybe we can address which hetero sex turn-ons are normal and which are not? Guys who like the Dominatrix treatment. Or turned on by feet? Or like to get peed on? Or like their woman to act like a whore or look like a teenage cheerleader. Oral sex or not. Hey the mouth wasn't designed for that any more than the asshole?

I'm sure the anti-transgender folks can tell us which are approved or not?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2022 at 9:17:38 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: OnceDear

Mental illness... That's something we as a species are waking up to. Is homosexuality mental illness, is liberalism, is racism, is narcissism, is sexual attraction to donkeys is religion, ADHD, autism,... Is evil... Is bigotry?
I posit that these are all just facets of the human animal.

I think I could argue that fear of anything besides physical harm is a mental illness.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 5th, 2022 at 9:19:10 AM permalink
OnceDear
No, being uncomfortable around a guy pretending to be a woman is quite normal. A guy pretending to be a woman is not. Even little kids will see a guy pretending to be a woman. And know something is wrong.
June 25th, 2022 at 6:47:33 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
This is an example of modification to the International Plumbing Code of how single gender bathrooms can be accomplished:

"403.2 Separate facilities.
Where plumbing fixtures are required, separate facilities shall be provided for each sex.
Exceptions:
(1) Separate facilities shall not be required for dwelling units and sleeping units.
(2) Separate facilities shall not be required in structures or tenant spaces with a total occupant
load, including both employees and customers, of 15 or fewer.
(3) Separate facilities shall not be required in mercantile occupancies in which the maximum
occupant load is 100 or fewer.
(4) Separate facilities shall not be required in business occupancies in which the maximum
occupant load is 25 or fewer.
(5) Separate facilities shall not be required to be designated by sex where single-user toilet
rooms are provided in accordance with Section 403.1.2.
(6) Separate facilities shall not be required where rooms having both water closets and lavatory
fixtures are designed for use by both sexes and privacy for water closets is provided in
accordance with Section 405.3.4. Urinals shall be located in an area visually separated from
the remainder of the facility or each urinal that is provided shall be located in a stall. "
-2021 IPC-

(5 and 6 are the additions)

https://www.iccsafe.org/wp-content/uploads/2021_SigChanges_IPC_403.2.pdf

Its basically one bathroom, common sink area, all commodes are in privacy stalls, if there is a urinal area, it essentially has to be another room in the bathroom, or the urinals must be in enclosed stalls. Which is basically how most people suspected all along that such changes would occur, but it gives groundwork of how such bathrooms can be planned. (I honestly did not know until today that there was such a change in the 2021 version, as my State still uses the 2018 of the IPC).
June 26th, 2022 at 4:19:01 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
now we know why ladies sometimes like to go to the bathroom together, they saw the future coming
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]