Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

June 26th, 2022 at 2:06:57 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: odiousgambit
now we know why ladies sometimes like to go to the bathroom together, they saw the future coming
I've never understood why they do that... And I don't understand what ODG just said
June 26th, 2022 at 4:50:47 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: OnceDear
I've never understood why they do that... And I don't understand what ODG just said
umm, well what I was getting at is we thought they were being silly/weird back in the day, but the future has arrived, and now they have to make sure they go in together in case some dude claims he gets to use the women's bathroom even though all he has changed about his physical self is his name and in fact is a 'trans-faker' , a term I have seen used in Brit tabloids
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 26th, 2022 at 11:12:17 PM permalink
OnceDear
umm, well what I was getting at is we thought they were being silly/weird back in the day, but the future has arrived, and now they have to make sure they go in together in case some dude claims he gets to use the women's bathroom even though all he has changed about his physical self is his name and in fact is a 'trans-faker' , a term I have seen used in Brit tabloids
You surprise me, buying in to what Brit tabloids say. I've never heard the expression trans faker, nor do I think it's a common problem. I've never heard of a man being in the ladies toilets, nor has my wife. Maybe we need to get out more.
I always thought women went to the toilet in twos was because they felt uneasy entering ANY room alone, plus they get to talk 'women's talk'
June 27th, 2022 at 12:14:27 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: OnceDear
You surprise me, buying in to what Brit tabloids say. I've never heard the expression trans faker, nor do I think it's a common problem. I've never heard of a man being in the ladies toilets, nor has my wife. Maybe we need to get out more.
I always thought women went to the toilet in twos was because they felt uneasy entering ANY room alone, plus they get to talk 'women's talk'

I just asked my Wife why women go to the toilet in twos. She didn't know either, as she doesn't subscribe to the practice. She's never seen or worried about a man or trans being in there. More likely to have problems from a drunk woman chucking up or getting mouthy. Her words, not mine.
Wife acknowledged she did not like entering a pub alone.
June 27th, 2022 at 4:22:49 AM permalink
odiousgambit
the tabloid story where the term trans-faker showed in the headline was the incident of the prison sex, maybe rape?, can't remember, where the TRANSgressor* insisted he belonged in a women's prison due to his feminine nature. Again, all he had changed was his name.

*heh heh
June 27th, 2022 at 4:25:09 AM permalink
odiousgambit
here we go

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rapist-karen-white-in-women-s-jail-was-trans-faker-lbcwjp8jc
June 27th, 2022 at 5:36:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Hmm, if a person went on the stage in broadway and pretended he was an actor, but he was just a trespasser, he would be a fake actor. There are people who are actors who job is act which is the process of impersonation (more or less), but there can be a fake actor as well. I don’t think you’d want to call a person who does acting for a living a fake actor, unless he’s really awful at it and you want to let him know?

What’s the issue?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 27th, 2022 at 5:45:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I’m curious how the whole transgender issue will work out. We give people a whole lot of latitude to people who live their life based on a religions. And aside from atheists, even other religion will at least in private say some other religion is the fake one. So, we support a lot of lifestyles on fiction, even if you believe in one religion and not the other. True, no religion requires gender transition.

But I don’t see much creadence in the overall population upset about beliefs they don’t accept. It’s just a bunch of hypocrisy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 27th, 2022 at 11:15:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
Hmm, if a person went on the stage in broadway and pretended he was an actor, but he was just a trespasser, he would be a fake actor. There are people who are actors who job is act which is the process of impersonation (more or less), but there can be a fake actor as well. I don’t think you’d want to call a person who does acting for a living a fake actor, unless he’s really awful at it and you want to let him know?

What’s the issue?
Maybe saying 'fake' isn't the thing to do, but it is *not* the issue, except to show I didn't make it up. Whether you should let men into women's prisons is an issue.
June 27th, 2022 at 3:24:16 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine
But I don’t see much creadence in the overall population upset about beliefs they don’t accept. It’s just a bunch of hypocrisy.

I blame MSM media in part.

Back in the day before CNN / Fox and other slanted news outlets, we all pretty much got the same news, without a lot of editorializing.

Now it has morphed to each news service shaping the news to fit their agenda, with a lot of opinion thrown out in lieu of fact.

The sheeple digest this gruel over the years and wind up with pre-digested opinions mirroring those they watch daily.

Blame it on the intellectual laziness or the "dumbing down" of Americans.

Fox viewers are told it's perverted and wrong, so that's what they think; CNN viewers are told it's not harmful, just different, so they accept it.

Bottom line: we're getting mind-f@#ked.