Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

June 22nd, 2023 at 8:49:07 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
I'll admit, I'm guilty of using the Men's restroom myself occasionally when I REALLY need it and the Woman's bathroom is occupied/doesn't have soap/is disgusting....😳
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 22nd, 2023 at 2:26:55 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Riverjordan
I'll admit, I'm guilty of using the Men's restroom myself occasionally when I REALLY need it and the Woman's bathroom is occupied/doesn't have soap/is disgusting....😳

Great then you can't act shocked or offended when men do it when it is convenient. It is a simple concept.
June 22nd, 2023 at 9:16:20 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Quote: Gandler
Great then you can't act shocked or offended when men do it when it is convenient. It is a simple concept.

I was remiss to add I don't use the Men's restroom when it is already occupied by a boy/boys man/men. A lot of the men using the Women's restrooms are doing so when it is already occupied by girl/girls/woman/women.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 28th, 2023 at 9:51:09 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Poster child for the anti-trans movement:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 28th, 2023 at 10:18:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: ams288

[img not shown]
This guy really disgusts me

he is going along with the use of the rainbow-fist word 'cis-gender'
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 28th, 2023 at 10:23:54 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: odiousgambit

[img not shown]

Yet his Nazi paraphernalia sits fine with you. I am not surprised.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 28th, 2023 at 11:49:48 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: odiousgambit

[img not shown]

Yet his Nazi paraphernalia sits fine with you. I am not surprised.
that's a joke, boy!

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 29th, 2023 at 1:11:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Within hours of one another on Friday, federal courts in Tennessee and Kentucky handed down judgments that block the implementation of bans on gender-affirming care. Both federal judges found the bans to likely be in violation of the Constitution. These decisions marked the fifth and sixth victories for transgender care this year, as the judiciary continues to rule that gender affirming care bans unconstitutionally violate due process and equal protection under the law.

Diving into the details, these rulings, like their predecessors, dissect the arguments against transgender rights, systematically addressing and countering the rhetoric that Republican legislators have uncritically accepted. They ultimately rule that gender affirming care bans have no legitimacy under constitutional scrutiny.

Particularly significant is the lack of partisanship in these rulings: the presiding judge in Tennessee, Judge Eli Richardson, was appointed by former President Donald Trump, as were judges in Indiana and Alabama. Richardson resoundingly dismissed claims that gender-affirming care is either experimental or detrimental to the welfare of transgender youth. Moreover, the court recognized and underscored the abundance of medical evidence in favor of gender-affirming care and struck down Tennessee’s “medical” witnesses as not credible.

These court decisions signal a mounting legal consensus that legislation aiming to limit gender-affirming care lacks a constitutional basis. States that have attempted to pass such laws now sit at a dismal 0-6 record in defending these laws in court.

Federal judges in all of these cases have lent their weight to the importance of parental rights and decided that “parental rights” issues favor transgender plaintiffs. They upheld that the right of parents to make informed decisions about their children's medical care is fundamental, meriting strict scrutiny. With this heightened judicial standard, any legislation that curtails such rights must be narrowly tailored and supported by an exceptionally persuasive rationale. The courts discerned that the sweeping nature of the gender-affirming care bans failed to meet these criteria. Consequently, the judges concluded that the bans infringe on plaintiffs’ rights to due process.

Quote:
At the outset, the Court agrees with Plaintiffs that the testimony of Dr. Cantor and Dr. Hruz
is minimally persuasive39 given that neither of them state that they have ever diagnosed or treated
a minor with gender dysphoria. This apparent deficiency in their experience as to the topics to
which they testify is relevant given that Plaintiffs present several experts that have diagnosed and
treated hundreds of individuals with gender dysphoria. This diminution of their testimony is
consistent with the findings of other courts on this issue.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.tnmd.94244/gov.uscourts.tnmd.94244.167.0.pdf
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 1st, 2023 at 9:16:17 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Diaper changing stations have only recently been implemented in Men's restrooms. Previously they were only in Women's restrooms, which made it extremely hard for say a Dad who has custody of a baby or Toddler to change diapers while out and about. I can imagine a divorced Dad being chastised in say 2015 for changing his baby's diaper in the Women's restroom and having to say something like,"I'm not a creep, I'm just changing my baby's diaper since the men's restroom doesn't have a diaper changing station!"
July 2nd, 2023 at 1:18:41 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Riverjordan
Diaper changing stations have only recently been implemented in Men's restrooms. Previously they were only in Women's restrooms, which made it extremely hard for say a Dad who has custody of a baby or Toddler to change diapers while out and about. I can imagine a divorced Dad being chastised in say 2015 for changing his baby's diaper in the Women's restroom and having to say something like,"I'm not a creep, I'm just changing my baby's diaper since the men's restroom doesn't have a diaper changing station!"

I don't know where you are getting this from, diaper changing stations have been in men's rooms since I have been a little kid. But, there is no universal requirements for any particular restroom (mens or womens) to have such stations (there is a federal requirement for federal property, but even this is recent and limited). There is no building code requirement to have them anywhere through the ICC.

But, most businesses that provide them, have them in all restrooms (not just one gender). And, most businesses that don't provide them don't have them in any restroom. Of course, I am sure you can find an example of somewhere that has just one in a particular gender's bathroom. Like everything else this could be simplified by gender-neutral bathrooms. But, for the most part, it is on the property owner if it is an amenity they offer in their restrooms (and which restrooms).