Should Trans People be allowed to use opposite sex bathrooms?

Thread Rating:

June 6th, 2023 at 6:46:15 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Mission146
That's kind of the problem; isn't it? We'd first have to have a large swath of children being physically altered and growing up to regret it before we could make a solid call on which is worse. That we will err, one way or another, is unavoidable; I'm willing to err on the side of not mutilating children.

I'm not, if x then why not y. If you want to stand up for unfortunate abuse of children through poor decisions. standup for more than possible physical harm.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 6th, 2023 at 6:58:06 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
I'm not, if x then why not y. If you want to stand up for unfortunate abuse of children through poor decisions. standup for more than possible physical harm.

What does that mean? Are you implying that I'm in favor of other abuses of children?

To me, this is an easy one, you say, "Hey, we're not going to mutilate the genitals of children." Most types of child abuse violate the law in one way or another, so how would wanting to create a law that says surgeons can't do that imply that I support other types of abuse?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 6th, 2023 at 7:01:54 AM permalink
rxwine
What does that mean? Are you implying that I'm in favor of other abuses of children?

To me, this is an easy one, you say, "Hey, we're not going to mutilate the genitals of children." Most types of child abuse violate the law in one way or another, so how would wanting to create a law that says surgeons can't do that imply that I support other types of abuse?

I gave you examples. For instance, are you going to make it illegal to take children into a cult? Most of these operate within the law? Maybe on the edges of the law?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 6th, 2023 at 7:06:58 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I gave you examples. For instance, are you going to make it illegal to take children into a cult? Most of these operate within the law? Maybe on the edges of the law?

I'm not going to make it illegal to do anything as relates religion; I have no power to do so. Despite my Libertarian leanings, if I could declare all religion to be categorically illegal, I absolutely would.

Unfortunately, we have freedom of religion and it remains popular with some people. If there's nothing illegal, per se, happening in a cult, then you can legally put your kids in a cult due to freedom of religion. I think that they're all cults, but I understand what you mean in your use of the term.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 6th, 2023 at 7:16:36 AM permalink
rxwine
I'm not going to make it illegal to do anything as relates religion; I have no power to do so. Despite my Libertarian leanings, if I could declare all religion to be categorically illegal, I absolutely would.

Unfortunately, we have freedom of religion and it remains popular with some people. If there's nothing illegal, per se, happening in a cult, then you can legally put your kids in a cult due to freedom of religion. I think that they're all cults, but I understand what you mean in your use of the term.

My opinion of religion is it was covered under free speech clause, and should get no more reference than that. Then a religious holiday would have to categorize more like Valentine's day if you wanted to specialize. Laws against unmarried people would have had some logical basis than religious. And so on.
June 6th, 2023 at 7:21:45 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
My opinion of religion is it was covered under free speech clause, and should get no more reference than that. Then a religious holiday would have to categorize more like Valentine's day if you wanted to specialize. Laws against unmarried people would have had some logical basis than religious. And so on.

Even then---Let's suppose the following:

-Two people have a kid.

-Those two people join the cult with their kid.

-The cult is educating the child (whether via a cult school or home schooling) to the minimum standards, if any, that the state requires.

-The cult indoctrinates into the child an absolute world view, intended sense of morality and does so in a dogmatic way. (This is the same thing that most non-'cult'* religions do.)

-The child, being home schooled or schooled by the cult is also socially isolated, with the only exceptions being other cult members and children thereof.

Nothing about any of that, in and of itself, would be illegal, so there's the problem.

*The way you're using the word.
June 6th, 2023 at 7:30:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Even then---Let's suppose the following:

-Two people have a kid.

-Those two people join the cult with their kid.

-The cult is educating the child (whether via a cult school or home schooling) to the minimum standards, if any, that the state requires.

-The cult indoctrinates into the child an absolute world view, intended sense of morality and does so in a dogmatic way. (This is the same thing that most non-'cult'* religions do.)

-The child, being home schooled or schooled by the cult is also socially isolated, with the only exceptions being other cult members and children thereof.

Nothing about any of that, in and of itself, would be illegal, so there's the problem.

*The way you're using the word.

I wasn't proposing it as a cure to nonsense. There's the whole thing of people with other supernatural beliefs that don't categorize as religion. Talking to ghosts as a medium. Palm reading.

I'm just pointing out it didn't really need a category except free speech.
June 20th, 2023 at 10:30:42 AM permalink
Riverjordan
A scandal has just recently happened where a MAN used a WOMAN'S bathroom at the WSOP.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
June 20th, 2023 at 10:33:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Riverjordan
A scandal has just recently happened where a MAN used a WOMAN'S bathroom at the WSOP.

You’re bluffing!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 20th, 2023 at 12:23:33 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Riverjordan

Do you have a link to coverage of this scandal?