So does this mean we will see back alley abortions again? I think so

July 27th, 2022 at 7:52:20 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I however do believe that you are being dishonest in saying somebody on the left is the leaker. Making dishonest statements is the height of bias. Doesn't get more biased then that

In other news the Supreme Court decision may be against religious freedom.
https://news.yahoo.com/jews-muslims-others-roe-vs-123043389.html
"Silver tells his congregation that contrary to Roman Catholic and evangelical teachings, which state that life begins at conception, traditional Jewish law, known as Halakha, says life begins at birth: when the baby draws its first breath. Before then, the mother’s physical and emotional well-being is paramount.

In some extreme cases — such as when the mother’s life is at stake — an abortion is not just permitted by Jewish law, but required."

Now who is being the hypocrite you have been condemning the ruling because it is based on religion. Now you use religion to support your position.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 27th, 2022 at 8:06:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Now who is being the hypocrite you have been condemning the ruling because it is based on religion. Now you use religion to support your position.

All my politics are based on freedom
I've always supported religious freedom as long as they don't impose those beliefs on me or make me follow religious laws.
People have the right to believe whatever they want, even scientologists.
I just don't believe make believe should be tax exempt :-)
It's only fair they pay their fair share
It's not like they don't have the money
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/25/new-york-preacher-robbed-jewelry-livestream
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 30th, 2022 at 5:05:51 PM permalink
terapined
The planets leaders are criticizing Alito and he can't deal with it
Hey Judge
This is the hallmark of freedom. ANYBODY can criticize a dumb Supreme Court Justice
Get used to it
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/justice-alito-tells-international-critics-of-dobbs-decision-to-stay-in-their-lane/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 2nd, 2022 at 6:52:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
State of Georgia

Quote:
A taxpayer who "has an unborn child (or children) with a detectable human heartbeat" after July 20, when the ruling came down, can claim a dependent on their 2022 taxes, according to the statement.

Residents will get $3,000 for each unborn child.

"Similar to any other deduction claimed on an income tax return, relevant medical records or other supporting documentation shall be provided to support the dependent deduction claimed if requested by the Department," the state said.

Heartbeats can be detected as early as six weeks into pregnancy, often before a person knows they are pregnant.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/georgia-residents-can-now-claim-embryos-as-dependents-on-state-taxes/ar-AA10e6QR?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fb1cb24247654e6e8478e514b88a7a22
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 2nd, 2022 at 7:36:04 AM permalink
terapined
Hmm
Looks like abortion is a major issue
This being Kansas, my hope is slim
But
No doubt this issue is very very important to a lot of people
Record turnout in Kansas is telling for the whole country
https://www.cjonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2022/08/01/kansas-abortion-constitutional-amendment-2022-record-turnout-primary-election-august-2/10161546002/
August 2nd, 2022 at 12:32:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Reuters) - Clergy members of five religions sued the state of Florida on Monday over a new law criminalizing most abortions in the state after 15 weeks of pregnancy, saying it violates their religious freedom rights.

The five separate lawsuits https://tmsnrt.rs/3BBEdIr, filed in Miami-Dade County, claim the state's ban curtails their ability to counsel congregants about abortion in accordance with their faiths, since Florida law prohibits counseling or encouraging a crime.

The plaintiffs are three rabbis, a United Church of Christ reverend, a Unitarian Universalist minister, an Episcopal Church priest and a Buddhist lama. They asked the court to declare that the state's abortion law violates Florida and U.S. constitutional protections for freedom of speech and religion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-clergy-lawsuits-say-abortion-ban-violates-religious-freedom/ar-AA10eEXG?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ec76ea7e19aa4756b123097fc30c673a
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 2nd, 2022 at 6:12:15 PM permalink
terapined
This holds up and Republican heads will explode
I'm shocked at the early landslide
August 2nd, 2022 at 6:37:18 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
WOW

Dave Wasserman has called it for the pro-choice side:

Quote:
I've seen enough: in a huge victory for the pro-choice side, the Kansas constitutional amendment to remove protections of abortion rights fails.

In Kansas!

GOP politicians are probably sh**ing bricks tonight.

Someone thank jcw’s beloved 6-3 SC for handing such a huge gift to Dem politicians in a year that was going to be a political bloodbath for them.

LMAO
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 2nd, 2022 at 6:45:13 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
WOW

In Kansas!

Someone thank jcw’s beloved 6-3 SC for handing such a huge gift to Dem politicians in a year that was going to be a political bloodbath for them.

LMAO

This is exactly what the SC ruling was about. It isn't a federal issue it is a state issue and to be decided by the voters of that state. This exactly what is happening the court will be happy. The doom and gloom of the democrats was all hype.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 2nd, 2022 at 6:50:59 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
WOW

In Kansas!

LMAO

They aren't just winning
Landslide baby