So does this mean we will see back alley abortions again? I think so

July 25th, 2022 at 2:21:34 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Walgreen’s is not selling contraceptive products if the employee on duty doesn’t want to.

But why shouldn’t they allow an employee to not sell cigarettes if you’re ethically against it. Why should it only be for that belief?

While I don’t think you can take a business to task for having a legal requirement to work there, that doesn’t sound like equitable treatment. If you gave Muslim employees 5 minutes for prayer, everyone else should get 5 minutes for whatever. Other employee should be given a right to not sell a product. Like sugary drinks, as another example.

Really??? If I ran the company the company would decide which products would be for sale, and if you don’t want to sell them then work somewhere else!
July 25th, 2022 at 3:32:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Really??? If I ran the company the company would decide which products would be for sale, and if you don’t want to sell them then work somewhere else!

Or if you don't want to do abortions become a dermatologist. And if you don't want to fill prescriptions for certain drugs become a dentist.

Likewise don't get a job as a taxi driver if your religion won't allow you to take patrons to bars.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 26th, 2022 at 9:36:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Logically
It's looking more and more like a conservative against abortion is the leaker
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/john-roberts-lobbying-kavanaugh-save-152946039.html

"Immediately after the draft Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade was released, conservatives began bleating about how the leak was the work of a nefarious liberal clerk who wanted to put the opinion out to pressure the court’s conservatives to change their minds. It’s possible (repeat possible) that that’s what happened, but if so, publicizing the draft had precisely the opposite effect, according to a new report from CNN."
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/26/politics/supreme-court-john-roberts-abortion-dobbs/index.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 26th, 2022 at 10:47:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
We’ve known the leaker was on the right ever since pretty much every rightie immediately blamed the leak on the left.

They are SO BAD at projection.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 26th, 2022 at 12:36:19 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
We’ve known the leaker was on the right ever since pretty much every rightie immediately blamed the leak on the left.

They are SO BAD at projection.

To follow your logic the left blames everything on Trump. That means he is not responsible for anything.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 26th, 2022 at 1:07:41 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
To follow your logic the left blames everything on Trump. That means he is not responsible for anything.

Nope
He's showing that you and right wing media are so biased that you make bombastic declarations without a shred of evidence.
You, Senator Cruz and right wing media have already stated that it was leaked by somebody on the left with not a shred of evidence
That's bias
That's bias big time
Doesn't get more biased then that. No evidence. Zero. Nada
I don't know if it was left or right but logical evidence is now pointing to the right
Still no hard evidence so I can't make a declaration like you do. That's logic with no bias because I admit I don't know
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 26th, 2022 at 3:48:22 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: terapined
Nope
He's showing that you and right wing media are so biased that you make bombastic declarations without a shred of evidence.
You, Senator Cruz and right wing media have already stated that it was leaked by somebody on the left with not a shred of evidence
That's bias
That's bias big time
Doesn't get more biased then that. No evidence. Zero. Nada
I don't know if it was left or right but logical evidence is now pointing to the right
Still no hard evidence so I can't make a declaration like you do. That's logic with no bias because I admit I don't know

I have very good evidence. If there was even a hint of evidence that it came from the right the Dems would fabricate the rest as they have shown time again that they do ie Russia Russia and charge somebody. They haven't done that, so they don't want to kick that dog turd in case the truth comes to light and they would be covered in dog s..t.
July 26th, 2022 at 4:34:03 PM permalink
terapined
I have very good evidence.

What evidence??????????????????
You got nothing because so far nobody knows
That's the bottom line
You are really showing your uninformed bias
July 26th, 2022 at 5:13:08 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: terapined
What evidence??????????????????
You got nothing because so far nobody knows
That's the bottom line
You are really showing your uninformed bias

What a silly statement. Of course somebody knows, probably more than one somebody. I however do believe that you are being honest and you don't know.
July 27th, 2022 at 6:09:13 AM permalink
terapined
What a silly statement. Of course somebody knows, probably more than one somebody. I however do believe that you are being honest and you don't know.

I however do believe that you are being dishonest in saying somebody on the left is the leaker. Making dishonest statements is the height of bias. Doesn't get more biased then that

In other news the Supreme Court decision may be against religious freedom.
https://news.yahoo.com/jews-muslims-others-roe-vs-123043389.html
"Silver tells his congregation that contrary to Roman Catholic and evangelical teachings, which state that life begins at conception, traditional Jewish law, known as Halakha, says life begins at birth: when the baby draws its first breath. Before then, the mother’s physical and emotional well-being is paramount.

In some extreme cases — such as when the mother’s life is at stake — an abortion is not just permitted by Jewish law, but required."