So does this mean we will see back alley abortions again? I think so

July 19th, 2022 at 10:26:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
Basically correct. I anesthetized hundreds, maybe thousands, of consenting women who wanted abortions but for whatever reason wanted or needed to be put to sleep for the procedure. If it was illegal in my state I would not have participated. It’s not an important enough issue for me that I would have moved to a state that it was legal in. I’m guessing forum members are unaware of how many women use abortion as their only form of birth control. In the late 90’s there were approaching 2,000,000 a year in the USA. Apparently it’s down to less than 1,000,000. I distinctly remember participating in a woman’s 7th abortion.

That one on “Orange is the New Black?”
The President is a fink.
July 20th, 2022 at 7:00:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Kind of funny how the leaker at the Supreme Court is now meaningless
Trumpers were furious saying it will effect the mid terms
Not so furious now
In fact pretty silent as this decision came down before the midterms making the leak much ado about nothing
I think it was a conservative leaker to lock in the votes
No incentive for a lib to leak it. Accomplishes nothing
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 22nd, 2022 at 6:51:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Interesting….. the 10 year old raped in Ohio that had to cross state lines to get her abortion was raped by an illegal alien. So talking points for Democrats and Republicans from the same sad event….
July 24th, 2022 at 10:48:49 AM permalink
terapined
https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-lawmakers-test-far-threats-060003417.html

"Republican lawmakers have sent legal threats to Texas organizations that offer to fund out-of-state travel for abortions, potentially setting up a showdown between abortion law and long-held constitutional rights such as freedom of association and freedom of travel"

It's chilling. If you help somebody get a legal abortion in another state, righties are looking to punish you.
Talk about being against freedom

Let's say you drive somebody to another state to get an abortion. Will you be prosecuted? No doubt anti abortion extremists are looking to shutdown this loophole
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 24th, 2022 at 12:33:25 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Interesting….. the 10 year old raped in Ohio that had to cross state lines to get her abortion was raped by an illegal alien. So talking points for Democrats and Republicans from the same sad event….

Was the victim also an illegal alien?

If so, does it still count?
July 24th, 2022 at 2:39:11 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: missedhervee
Was the victim also an illegal alien?

If so, does it still count?

Don’t know if she was here legally or not. The legal status of the victim is irrelevant. The pertinent point is that the rapist was an illegal alien. If he was captured when he crossed illegally, or found and deported sometime between his entry and the rape, there would not have been the rape. We’d have to be talking about something else.
July 24th, 2022 at 2:53:03 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
If we dehumanize and minimize the intrinsic value of"illegal aliens" then a victim who is also an illegal alien should logically be viewed in a light no better than the suspect, right?

So why care about an illegal alien victim of rape?

She's here illegally, so wgas what happens to illegals?
July 24th, 2022 at 2:53:10 PM permalink
terapined
Don’t know if she was here legally or not. The legal status of the victim is irrelevant. The pertinent point is that the rapist was an illegal alien. If he was captured when he crossed illegally, or found and deported sometime between his entry and the rape, there would not have been the rape. We’d have to be talking about something else.

Ok
Let's into specifics
When did he cross?
During the Trump administration?
How long did the Trump administration have to catch him?
Was it a longer time then Biden?
This may be on Trump rather then Biden if you play by Trumps blame game rules
July 24th, 2022 at 3:48:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Walgreen’s is not selling contraceptive products if the employee on duty doesn’t want to.

But why shouldn’t they allow an employee to not sell cigarettes if you’re ethically against it. Why should it only be for that belief?

While I don’t think you can take a business to task for having a legal requirement to work there, that doesn’t sound like equitable treatment. If you gave Muslim employees 5 minutes for prayer, everyone else should get 5 minutes for whatever. Other employee should be given a right to not sell a product. Like sugary drinks, as another example.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 25th, 2022 at 2:19:23 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
Ok
Let's into specifics
When did he cross?
During the Trump administration?
How long did the Trump administration have to catch him?
Was it a longer time then Biden?
This may be on Trump rather then Biden if you play by Trumps blame game rules

Not relevant. It is Democrat forced policies that allow illegals to cross and blocks deportation. But you knew that. I think I saw he was here for 9 years so that puts it during Obama’s run, but not relevant.

My point is if an illegal is caught the Repubs want him deported (if not their nanny!) and the Dems want him here.