So does this mean we will see back alley abortions again? I think so

July 18th, 2022 at 11:25:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
Quote: ams288
Idaho GOP party platform: no abortions allowed to save a woman’s life.

I don’t think they righties have yet come to terms with how badly this type of thing is going to hurt them with women voters.

They are probably working to remove the right to vote from women. Some are even talking about raising the age back to 21... So if they remove the right to vote from women they will not have to worry about it.

Not a bad idea. If we can manage it the Democrat Party vanishes.
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2022 at 11:29:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Not a bad idea. If we can manage it the Democrat Party vanishes.

Before anyone wastes any time actually responding to this, just realize he’s trolling.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 18th, 2022 at 1:07:06 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
SOOPOO has always said he’s pro-choice. I don’t think he’d have a problem with a raped 10 yo having an abortion.

But he may have a problem with Doctors needing a fundraiser for the legal fees and security fees to provide a common sense abortion.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 18th, 2022 at 3:50:36 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Indiana AG now targeting doctor who performed abortion on the raped 10 year old:

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1547367841539756038?s=21&t=62jTblM8SIRq9DoOZ3-_Lg

REPUBLICANS ARE MONSTERS

But keep it up, gonna help Dems in some local races in Nov!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doctor-performed-abortion-10-old-090913684.html
"Doctor who performed abortion on 10-year-old Ohio rape survivor warns Indiana AG to stop defaming her"

WTF
They really want to make an issue out of this
Fascinating
This is the leading law enforcement officer in the state
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 18th, 2022 at 3:55:17 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
SOOPOO has always said he’s pro-choice. I don’t think he’d have a problem with a raped 10 yo having an abortion.

No, he would say the Doctor should just move States to a State that has laws that agree with his philosophy (if his answers are consistent with any other abortion related State-law critique, unless he has a bias for protecting Doctors).
July 19th, 2022 at 6:37:23 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Correct.

No sane human being would argue otherwise.

Unfortunately, the GOP lacks many sane human beings.

I agree with all who want abortion legal and unfettered throughout the USA. But if you believe that an embryo/fetus is a human life equivalent to a human already birthed then it is CONSISTENT to believe that aborting any embryo/fetus is wrong. I think calling someone insane because they believe a human life starts at conception and is of full value is not accurate. I don’t agree with them, but insane is overdoing it.
July 19th, 2022 at 6:47:58 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Gandler
No, he would say the Doctor should just move States to a State that has laws that agree with his philosophy (if his answers are consistent with any other abortion related State-law critique, unless he has a bias for protecting Doctors).

Basically correct. I anesthetized hundreds, maybe thousands, of consenting women who wanted abortions but for whatever reason wanted or needed to be put to sleep for the procedure. If it was illegal in my state I would not have participated. It’s not an important enough issue for me that I would have moved to a state that it was legal in. I’m guessing forum members are unaware of how many women use abortion as their only form of birth control. In the late 90’s there were approaching 2,000,000 a year in the USA. Apparently it’s down to less than 1,000,000. I distinctly remember participating in a woman’s 7th abortion.
July 19th, 2022 at 7:04:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I agree with all who want abortion legal and unfettered throughout the USA. But if you believe that an embryo/fetus is a human life equivalent to a human already birthed then it is CONSISTENT to believe that aborting any embryo/fetus is wrong. I think calling someone insane because they believe a human life starts at conception and is of full value is not accurate. I don’t agree with them, but insane is overdoing it.

If people want to believe they are "full value" at conception, then they can believe they should charge women with capital murder.

What I'm asking may be extremist, but they're ones who need to live up to what they say.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2022 at 7:44:31 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: rxwine
If people want to believe they are "full value" at conception, then they can believe they should charge women with capital murder.

What I'm asking may be extremist, but they're ones who need to live up to what they say.

They do! You haven’t see Pro Life protests with them screaming ‘murderers’!? It’s how some on their fringes justify THEM killing the abortionists. To remind, I think I’ve posted this before, but an abortion provider was murdered in my neighborhood decades ago. I knew the doctor and my son was friends with his son. The guy who murdered the doctor was trying to scare him, but the bullet ricocheted and killed the doctor.
July 19th, 2022 at 9:00:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
They do! You haven’t see Pro Life protests with them screaming ‘murderers’!? It’s how some on their fringes justify THEM killing the abortionists. To remind, I think I’ve posted this before, but an abortion provider was murdered in my neighborhood decades ago. I knew the doctor and my son was friends with his son. The guy who murdered the doctor was trying to scare him, but the bullet ricocheted and killed the doctor.

I know, but my point isn't really aimed at the fringes but everyone who is going along with the laws, i.e., if you're not ready to treat it like murder why are we holding women hostage to the early gestational abortion bans pretending it is? I actually wrote something similar to DeSantis.

You know, it's like the vote. To win the vote you often need to convince the middle to swing your way. Winning the base is not the problem.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?