So does this mean we will see back alley abortions again? I think so

July 13th, 2022 at 10:17:57 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Sorry, gonna have to make this one really big so our righties don’t conveniently miss it:

Arrest made in rape of Ohio girl that led to Indiana abortion drawing international attention

Quote:
A Columbus man has been charged with impregnating a 10-year-old Ohio girl, whose travel to Indiana to seek an abortion led to international attention following the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v Wade and activation of Ohio's abortion law.

Gershon Fuentes, 27, whose last known address was an apartment on Columbus' Northwest Side, was arrested Tuesday after police say he confessed to raping the child on at least two occasions. He's since been charged with rape, a felony of the first degree in Ohio.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2022/07/13/columbus-man-charged-rape-10-year-old-led-abortion-in-indiana/10046625002/

Wonder if all the right-wing rags that were so skeptical will issue retractions or corrections? Nah. Most likely they’ll just stop covering it completely.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 13th, 2022 at 10:29:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Sorry, gonna have to make this one really big so our righties don’t conveniently miss it:

Arrest made in rape of Ohio girl that led to Indiana abortion drawing international attention

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2022/07/13/columbus-man-charged-rape-10-year-old-led-abortion-in-indiana/10046625002/

Wonder if all the right-wing rags that were so skeptical will issue retractions or corrections? Nah. Most likely they’ll just stop covering it completely.

Almost tempted to watch some rightwing talking heads to find out.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 13th, 2022 at 10:51:04 AM permalink
ams288

Is Ohio AG Dave Yost up for re-election this year? Why is he so soft on child rape? He was just doing the right wing media rounds saying this case didn’t exist.
July 13th, 2022 at 12:29:04 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
something isn't making sense. The Ohio AG was unable to find anything going on regarding getting the rapist caught and punished. Now all of a sudden he's caught. The police were all over this all along, but wouldn't tell the AG?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 13th, 2022 at 12:39:40 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: odiousgambit
something isn't making sense. The Ohio AG was unable to find anything going on regarding getting the rapist caught and punished. Now all of a sudden he's caught. The police were all over this all along, but wouldn't tell the AG?

It makes perfect sense: he’s a political hack.

Quote:
AG Dave Yost Yesterday: "What I'm saying to you is there is not a damn scintilla of evidence. And shame on the Indianapolis paper that ran this thing on a single source who has an obvious axe to grind."

Yost today: "We rejoice anytime a child rapist is taken off the streets.
July 13th, 2022 at 12:41:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit

Police don’t have a lead to prove anything. Then they do an hour later.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 13th, 2022 at 1:41:34 PM permalink
ams288
Apparently the rapist was here illegally.

There is an extremely bitter, depressing irony in Ohio GOP politicians trying to force a 10 year old girl to give birth to an “anchor baby.”
July 13th, 2022 at 2:31:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Apparently the rapist was here illegally.

There is an extremely bitter, depressing irony in Ohio GOP politicians trying to force a 10 year old girl to give birth to an “anchor baby.”

WTF happened to conservatives
Why aren't there more DRiches out there
Common sense conservative
Real conservatives used to hold off religious nuts at arms length and believe in common sense
Abortion is common sense and should be a women's right
Now the Trumpers are wrapping themselves in religion
Illogical
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 13th, 2022 at 2:38:30 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
So you do not believe in my body my choice? Hard to keep up here.

Employer policy is not the same as government law.

Employers can mandate that all employees be free from tobacco use for example and take regular nicotine tests. I don't agree with this, but I agree with them having this right, so I simply would not work there.

Just like employers can require you to get a Flu shot every year if they want.

You have a choice in employer, you don't really have the choice in government (yes you can leave the country, etc..... this is not realistic for 95% of America even if they wanted to).....

Your body your choice, but employers have the right to judge how you treat your body, for example some may ban visible (or all) tattoos (and even require a full medical exam of the total body to ensure zero tattoo in areas that are private, -yes there are some companies that actually do this-).

So, if you want to be covered in tattoos, chain smoke, drink at night, go to seedy clubs that are blacklisted, participate in social media sites that are banned by the employer, refuse all vaccines, work a side job in a shady industry, that is your right, but it is your employer's right to respond to any of these in line with their policy (fire you, suspend you, not hire you, etc....).

Private employers have a lot of power over your personal life and your body. The only way to change this is to switch to an employer that is in line with your views (or work for yourself).

(And, yes I know there are some States that have "legal activity protections" where employers cannot fire you or hold against you for legal activities in your personal time such as tobacco use and alcohol use, but these States are a tiny minority, and even of these they often only apply to specific activities like tobacco or alcohol consumption outside of work hours). At the end of the day, most things you do (or refuse to do) can be held against you by your employer in every state.
July 13th, 2022 at 5:13:11 PM permalink
ams288
Indiana AG now targeting doctor who performed abortion on the raped 10 year old:

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1547367841539756038?s=21&t=62jTblM8SIRq9DoOZ3-_Lg

REPUBLICANS ARE MONSTERS

But keep it up, gonna help Dems in some local races in Nov!