So does this mean we will see back alley abortions again? I think so

July 15th, 2022 at 11:11:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Judging by the right’s blunders and flat-out lies in responding to this story, they are definitely not prepared by how hard they are going to be bludgeoned by a ton of similar stories in the months to come…

The pro-life den has begun trotting out medical malpractice cases. Difference is, malpractice can happen in any medical procedure, and it’s not due to a law like the case of the 10 year old.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 18th, 2022 at 8:01:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Idaho GOP party platform: no abortions allowed to save a woman’s life.

I don’t think they righties have yet come to terms with how badly this type of thing is going to hurt them with women voters.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 18th, 2022 at 8:24:11 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Idaho GOP party platform: no abortions allowed to save a woman’s life.

I don’t think they righties have yet come to terms with how badly this type of thing is going to hurt them with women voters.

They are probably working to remove the right to vote from women. Some are even talking about raising the age back to 21... So if they remove the right to vote from women they will not have to worry about it.
July 18th, 2022 at 9:07:30 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
It's really sad that the Republican party let the religious zealots run the party
Republican party used to have pragmatic people in charge like DRich, a real conservative in my eyes not carrying any fantasy religious baggage
It's common sense to allow abortions
It almost seems like some knee jerk reaction by the hateful right to oppose anything Dems support even if it's common sense.
The whole planet in general is evolving to allowing abortions because it's common sense and more and more viewed as a fundamental human right
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 18th, 2022 at 9:12:17 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

Republican party used to have pragmatic people in charge like DRich, a real conservative in my eyes not carrying any fantasy religious baggage
I

I don't consider myself a member of either party and not sure that I am conservative. The conservatives would reject me because I am against the death penalty, pro-abortion, for gay marriage, and would like to see some gun restrictions.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 18th, 2022 at 9:17:24 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: DRich
I don't consider myself a member of either party and not sure that I am conservative. The conservatives would reject me because I am against the death penalty, pro-abortion, for gay marriage, and would like to see some gun restrictions.

A lot of fiscal conservatives would agree with you
It's the religious faction of the party that hates you
Take gay marriage
It's so common sense to allow it
Hurts absolutely nobody and insures proper transfer of personal wealth after death
Yet the religious conservatives are absolutely livid about it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 18th, 2022 at 9:22:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The lack of rape or incest exceptions is the most extremist crap ever. A man who donated sperm to a sperm bank can't be legally* held to pay any costs of raising any children produced by others who may use it much less donate his body processes for 9 months. Yet he actually did more than a woman forcibly raped as he knew how it was going to be used by other people. And he only did the fun part.

(*of course, with exception if it's intended for him and his partner)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 18th, 2022 at 9:46:58 AM permalink
terapined
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/07/16/fundraiser-indiana-doctor-abortion-girl-ohio/10079229002/
"180K donated to doctor who performed 10-year-old girl's abortion to help with legal fees, security"

Any comment from Dr Soopoo
July 18th, 2022 at 10:10:14 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/07/16/fundraiser-indiana-doctor-abortion-girl-ohio/10079229002/
"180K donated to doctor who performed 10-year-old girl's abortion to help with legal fees, security"

Any comment from Dr Soopoo

SOOPOO has always said he’s pro-choice. I don’t think he’d have a problem with a raped 10 yo having an abortion.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 18th, 2022 at 10:34:39 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
SOOPOO has always said he’s pro-choice. I don’t think he’d have a problem with a raped 10 yo having an abortion.

Nobody should have a problem with a raped 10 year old girl having an abortion. The only people who might have a problem with it are extreme religious nuts who would claim God gave her an unexpected and sudden gift and that gift from God shouldn't be killed.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.