13 members have voted

January 7th, 2024 at 4:58:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: RonC
Quote: ams288
[Quote snipped for the lols]

Just when you’re about to make an actual point, your both sides bullshit slips out.

My "both sides bullshit" is your failure to see the log in your eye while you see the speck in mine.

Joe Biden is a divisive person. He promised not to be, but it turns out he lied. He has not tried to bring people together.

I don't consider him "abrasive" as I do Trump.

Politicians are pretty much all dickweeds. They are self-serving folks who don't give two craps about you or I.

Of course both sides suck. Some of them blow, too. Both of them are not, as a whole, serving the people who elect them in the manner they should.

It is our fault. We don't demand that they serve us properly. We'd rather call each other names.

(Bold Added)

Getting biblical up in here!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 7th, 2024 at 4:59:35 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
We probably need to turn down the unmasked profanity, pursuant to the rules. Just throw a * in somewhere; thank you. That's not directed to anyone in particular and there are multiple offenders in thread.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 7th, 2024 at 5:42:35 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
If the Republicans in congress really wanted to do something about it right now, they'd offer a compromise the Democrats actually wanted to get it done.

That's the way things work when a party doesn't have total control.

I don't think "compromise" is viable for either party since both are controlled by the farthest out of their folks. The House and Senate are sad pieces of crap who cannot work together because they all only care about their own reelections.

That is kind of how Presidents claim more power in the void.

Yes, both parties could work together to solve the issue.

The President could quell the issue with powers he has.
January 7th, 2024 at 7:20:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: RonC

Yes, both parties could work together to solve the issue.

The President could quell the issue with powers he has.

I disagree STRONGLY that the Democrats want to ‘solve’ the issue. I think the ‘issue’ of porous borders is in actuality a major platform plank for them. Give ‘em all citizenship, grant them all asylum, instead of deporting them give ‘em food, shelter and clothing here on your dime. Don’t call them illegal; call them undocumented. Call anyone who points out this shit racist. Blame the border states for not wanting them all to stay in their states and shipping them to cities/states that call themselves sanctuaries. Then hear the sanctuary areas whine that they need federal money!

So, yeah, if ALL politicians wanted a strong border they could work together to accomplish it. What on God’s green earth would lead you to believe the Democrats want to secure the southern border?
January 7th, 2024 at 7:53:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I disagree STRONGLY that the Democrats want to ‘solve’ the issue. I think the ‘issue’ of porous borders is in actuality a major platform plank for them. Give ‘em all citizenship, grant them all asylum, instead of deporting them give ‘em food, shelter and clothing here on your dime. Don’t call them illegal; call them undocumented. Call anyone who points out this shit racist. Blame the border states for not wanting them all to stay in their states and shipping them to cities/states that call themselves sanctuaries. Then hear the sanctuary areas whine that they need federal money!

So, yeah, if ALL politicians wanted a strong border they could work together to accomplish it. What on God’s green earth would lead you to believe the Democrats want to secure the southern border?

Funny, you twisted around my original premise. I'm not trying to convince anyone that the Democrats really care very strongly on fixing the border issue. I'm arguing that all the noise the Republicans have made about it, they could fix by simply offering compromises that the Democrats will accept. They're the ones pretending it's so vitally important, yet they know exactly how things work, i.e., the party with the least power in the three branches almost always have to compromise more. Both parties have to compromise, but Republicans are the ones pretending they care so much, but they don't show it. And they could.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2024 at 8:01:24 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO

That is really not true, through most of modern American history (post WWI -during WWI you can argue there was a brief exception with the Zimmerman telegraph which may many Republicans skeptical of Mexico, but even so it was more concerning to Democrats-), the GOP has been the party aggressively opposing border security, saying it was a waste of money and not needed. Really only since the early-mid 2000s, has this become a Republican issue (and even more recently has it become a major issue, maybe 2012ish.) And, even still most of the people who are against all borders are technically registered Republicans (even if there is only like two of them, libertarians identifying as Republicans....)

Sure, the current proposal is mostly opposed by Democrats (I have a feeling it will end up passing anyway.) But, historically, this has rarely been the case. And, you can even say, if the GOP cared about the border in the 70s/80s (like they pretend to care now) this would not be an issue today....
January 7th, 2024 at 8:13:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Republicans are holding Ukraine funds hostage. I don't think most of them really want to see all the increased news of Ukrainians dying in cities, Russia rolling in, Putin laughing.

What an interesting bet Republicans are making to solve the border issue.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 7th, 2024 at 3:08:58 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Oh no, they’re doubling down on the divisiveness.

So disrespectful to all of those Jan 6th domestic terrorists!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 7th, 2024 at 6:56:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Oh no, they’re doubling down on the divisiveness.

So disrespectful to all of those Jan 6th domestic terrorists!

This is probably the best Presidential advert since 1870.
January 8th, 2024 at 7:59:39 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
For those that belief that the civil war was primarily about slavery a quote from Lincoln.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union."
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin