2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

March 6th, 2024 at 1:02:38 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Well, I say credit card companies much like loan sharks often don't care about targeting the most vulnerable people.

You use ‘targeting the most vulnerable people’. I use ‘don’t get a credit card if you can’t pay it on time’. You want the government to protect people from making a stupid decision. I want people to not make stupid decisions on their own.
March 6th, 2024 at 2:50:20 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I don't use credit even if I can pay on time.

Usury is one of the greatest evils.

Consider the USA's credit card.

$34 trillion plus unfunded liabilities in excess of $130 trillion (?).

With just the interest on the $34 trillion (every few months is about $1 trillion), we could have every homeless person in 14 new three story brick-houses, ya, uh, just letting it out hang out.

----------------

The Commodores-Brick House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBx6mAWYPU

----------------
March 6th, 2024 at 3:14:45 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
GOP primary voters have picked another winner:

Quote:
NEW:

Newly unearthed video of N.C. GOP gubernatorial nominee Mark Robinson in 2020: "I absolutely want to go back to the America where women couldn’t vote."

I love when they shoot themselves in the foot with these crazy losers.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 6th, 2024 at 3:57:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
You use ‘targeting the most vulnerable people’. I use ‘don’t get a credit card if you can’t pay it on time’. You want the government to protect people from making a stupid decision. I want people to not make stupid decisions on their own.

They already have a profit method; it's called the interest rate. I don't have any problem with penalties for missing payments, and recovering lost costs, but some of this is predatory lending IMO. If you love predatory practices so much I hope if you take a trip out to some remote area and get a flat tire with a rental, they make you buy the whole car to get back.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 6th, 2024 at 6:42:37 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: ams288
GOP primary voters have picked another winner:

I love when they shoot themselves in the foot with these crazy losers.

Apparently Dems have a treasure trove of goodies on this guy and were waiting till he secured the nomination to start trickling them out.
March 6th, 2024 at 6:54:39 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Apparently Dems have a treasure trove of goodies on this guy and were waiting till he secured the nomination to start trickling them out.

Doesn't matter what they have because they just make them up on demand. The lefties that are a little slow on figuring things out still believe them.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 6th, 2024 at 6:55:32 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: kenarman
Doesn't matter what they have because they just make them up on demand. The lefties that are a little slow on figuring things out still believe them.

Time for bed grandpa, you’re just spewing words again.
March 6th, 2024 at 7:27:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Oh yeah, the news about secret import of immigrants was first published 6 months ago.

Quote:
Biden secretly has let 221,456 migrants fly into the US in past year
By Social Links forTodd Bensman
Published Sep. 21, 2023, 7:49 p.m. ET

https://nypost.com/2023/09/21/biden-secretly-has-let-221456-migrants-fly-into-the-us-in-past-year/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 7th, 2024 at 1:02:32 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: rxwine
Oh yeah, the news about secret import of immigrants was first published 6 months ago.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/21/biden-secretly-has-let-221456-migrants-fly-into-the-us-in-past-year/

As an uninvolved Brit, this did sort of surprise me. It certainly looked like Biden's presidency was guilty of 'importing migrants'. Note I did not say 'importing illegals'.

So a quick google...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigration-parole-biden-administration-1-million-migrants/
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/fact-focus-biden-falsely-accused-of-secret-flights-for-hundreds-of-thousands-of-immigrants/ar-BB1jsfrC
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fact-focus-biden-falsely-accused-of-secret-flights-for-hundreds-of-thousands-of-immigrants/ar-BB1jsaVK
https://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-world/biden-admin-flew-hundreds-of-thousands-of-migrants-into-us-using-cbp-one-app-illegal-immigration-border-crisis-southern-border

So......
Prospective entrants must initiate an online application, secure a financial guarantee, and have the ability to afford their travel to a designated airport. Utilizing his “parole” authority under a longstanding 1952 law, President Biden’s administration allows entry on individual humanitarian grounds or where significant public benefit is established.

These are not 'Illegals': They are asylum applicants, with a sponsor to greet them. Or they are unaccompanied children.
They pay their own flights
They are not entitled to vote
They are entitled to work
The same parole program operated under republican presidencies and under drumpf's own tenure.
Musk specifically implies that these migrants include terrorists. Without evidence.

Idiots like Musk and drumpf are happy to conflate the words 'immigrants' and 'illegals' and even 'terrorists'. Europe has the same issue where 'asylum seekers' are stigmatised as illegals'. I've worked with and for 'asylum seekers' and have found a majority who just want to defend their families and provide for them away from refuge camps, war zones and abject poverty. Yes. Some are economic migrants seeking a better life.

Immigration is inevitable in a world where there's inequality and war and famine. It's being used by xenophobes to stir up hatred and a blame culture.

But, clearly the Optics for Biden and the Dems are awful. They're on the defensive again. And drumpf and his fascist cronies are rubbing their hands together planning deportation camps and if they could get away with it, concentration camps.
March 7th, 2024 at 2:47:37 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Much of it is about USA jobs on USA soil being taken by non-citizens, while citizens aren't hired because of DEI, etc.

That's some crazy thinking.

It's similar to China and Mexico taking our manufacturing jobs, as a result of currency manipulation.

It doesn't matter if it's legal or non-legal, the results are the same.

Those folks they're flying in are getting paid less, at least their employers hope so.

It negatively affects all USA citizens.

But good for citizens of other countries, as we continue to go down hill.

Citizens of other countries would love to make us weak.

It must end.