2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

March 8th, 2024 at 4:31:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
She wasn't great; practice at speeches will make her better.

“Wasn’t great” is perhaps the understatement of the century.

I haven’t even seen a single person on the right say anything positive about her.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 8th, 2024 at 4:43:24 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
“Wasn’t great” is perhaps the understatement of the century.

I haven’t even seen a single person on the right say anything positive about her.

It is a throw away speech for the most part. I think all responses pretty much fit that category.

She had more emotion than Biden. She lied less than Biden. Biden has 800 years of experience and has given speeches in four centuries, but his speech was no better in delivery...he just shouted, she sounded like a cooking host. Neither starred in a role requiring an uplifting speech.

We deserve better and we are not going to get it.
March 8th, 2024 at 5:29:43 AM permalink
ams288
It is a throw away speech for the most part. I think all responses pretty much fit that category.

She had more emotion than Biden. She lied less than Biden. Biden has 800 years of experience and has given speeches in four centuries, but his speech was no better in delivery...he just shouted, she sounded like a cooking host. Neither starred in a role requiring an uplifting speech.

We deserve better and we are not going to get it.

This is one of those times where your both sides-ism just feels obvious and fake.
March 8th, 2024 at 7:06:37 AM permalink
RonC
This is one of those times where your both sides-ism just feels obvious and fake.

This is one of your times where your insight is useless.

She wasn't great.

He wasn't great.

He gave a campaign speech and not a traditional State of the Union. As the former, it was good, It just wasn't the latter.

She is not ready for the big stage yet.

It is neither obvious OR fake. It is my opinion.
March 8th, 2024 at 7:12:39 AM permalink
RonC
Unemployment Rate Up

'Nonfarm payrolls increased by 275,000 for the month while the jobless rate moved higher to 3.9%, the Labor Department reported Friday. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for payroll growth of 198,000, a step slower from the downwardly revised gain of 229,000 in January.

The December gain also was revised down to 290,000 from 333,000, bringing the two-month total to 167,000 fewer jobs than initially reported."

"Job creation skewed toward part-time positions. Full-time jobs decreased by 187,000 while part-time employment rose by 51,000, according to the household survey. An alternative jobless measure, sometimes called the “real” unemployment rate, that includes discouraged workers and those holding part-time jobs for economic reasons rose slightly to 7.3%."

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/08/jobs-report-february-2024-us-job-growth-totaled-275000.html

This may delay the anticipated rate cut.

Good for investors it seems; not so good for workers. Not horrible but not great news.
March 8th, 2024 at 7:13:57 AM permalink
ams288
This is one of your times where your insight is useless.

She wasn't great.

He wasn't great.

He gave a campaign speech and not a traditional State of the Union. As the former, it was good, It just wasn't the latter.

It is neither obvious OR fake. It is my opinion.

I think we can look at the right’s reaction to the speech and conclude that he definitely did a much better job than they were anticipating. They are friggin pissed today. I’m loving it.

The fact that you can’t acknowledge that the quality of the two speeches was light years apart just goes to show you are not the independent thinker you so wish to appear as.
March 8th, 2024 at 7:52:21 AM permalink
RonC
I think we can look at the right’s reaction to the speech and conclude that he definitely did a much better job than they were anticipating. They are friggin pissed today. I’m loving it.

The fact that you can’t acknowledge that the quality of the two speeches was light years apart just goes to show you are not the independent thinker you so wish to appear as.

Oh dear. I am not bowing down to the Leader.

It is pretty clear that I am saying here that he did a good job at what he intended to do.

My opinion is that it was not a good State of the Union speech, not that it was not a good campaign speech. It was a good campaign speech. It was a good first moment to the campaign.

What do they call that? Self explanatory?

The two speeches are light years different. One has a high bar and one has a low bar. Now, we differ on where I sent the bar which is a little silly because it is my bar, not yours or anyone else's. No one will be talking about her speech after today at noon or so. The SOTU is the starting point of his campaign. We'll see where it goes from here.

She does not have to answer the phone at 3 a.m. He may have to do that. They have differing standards.

Have a fine day parsing words!
March 8th, 2024 at 8:46:48 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Biden's SOTU speech sounded like a grumpy old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. There is a difference between yelling and being energized. I wonder why he was 1/2 hr. late, took that long for the drugs to kick in?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 8th, 2024 at 8:54:49 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Biden's SOTU speech sounded like a grumpy old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. There is a difference between yelling and being energized. I wonder why he was 1/2 hr. late, took that long for the drugs to kick in?

Gaza protestors were trying to block the entrance.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 8th, 2024 at 9:33:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
A former Trump economic adviser said Friday there is “no question” the U.S. has the strongest economy in the world after a strong February jobs report followed President Biden’s State of the Union address.
“One thing that Biden said last night that was true: It is true that the United States today has the strongest economy. There’s no question about it,” said Stephen Moore, a former Trump campaign economic adviser, on Fox Business Network.

Isn’t it a more realistic to compare the economy to the rest of the world. Maybe stop pretending we exist in an economic vacuum.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?