2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

March 8th, 2024 at 1:18:15 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
'Nonfarm payrolls increased by 275,000 for the month while the jobless rate moved higher to 3.9%, the Labor Department reported Friday.

Don't believe those job numbers. The BLS did the same thing last year following Biden's SOTU speech.

It makes good press for the Administration.

The BLS reported 353,000 new jobs for January, and yesterday they revised that figure down 124,000 jobs, to 229,000.

Last years numbers were revised down a total 725,000 jobs.

'The original number of jobs reported by the federal government in 2023 was revised down by a total of 749,000 jobs, meaning nearly one-fourth of jobs thought to be created in the year were not actually there, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) analyzed by the Daily Caller News Foundation.'

The Current Population Survey, which is conducted by the Census Bureau for the BLS, is a survey of households. It shows a loss of 187,000 full time jobs for February, and a gain of 51,000 part time jobs. A loss of 136,000 jobs for the month.
March 8th, 2024 at 1:31:48 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Tanko
Don't believe those job numbers. The BLS did the same thing last year following Biden's SOTU speech.

It makes good press for the Administration.

The BLS reported 353,000 new jobs for January, and yesterday they revised that figure down 124,000 jobs, to 229,000.

Last years numbers were revised down a total 725,000 jobs.

'The original number of jobs reported by the federal government in 2023 was revised down by a total of 749,000 jobs, meaning nearly one-fourth of jobs thought to be created in the year were not actually there, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) analyzed by the Daily Caller News Foundation.'

The Current Population Survey, which is conducted by the Census Bureau for the BLS, is a survey of households. It shows a loss of 187,000 full time jobs for February, and a gain of 51,000 part time jobs. A loss of 136,000 jobs for the month.

The higher unemployment rate, adjustments to the numbers overall, and higher number of people with part time work shows that the economy that lower and middle class people feel is not going as well as that of those who have more income and investments.
March 8th, 2024 at 8:10:40 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: OnceDear
As an uninvolved Brit, this did sort of surprise me. It certainly looked like Biden's presidency was guilty of 'importing migrants'. Note I did not say 'importing illegals'.

"Migrant" is a term invented by the left. The legal descriptions used by the US Supreme Court and Federal Law are "Illegal" and "Unauthorized".

The latest term is 'Newcomer'

https://www.congress.gov/bill/104th-congress/house-bill/2202/text

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/illegal_immigration_reform_and_immigrant_responsibility_act

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/06/us/scotus.immigration/index.html?pos=canon#:~:text=The%20U.S.%20Supreme%20Court%20ruled,status%20while%20enforcing%20other%20laws.

The illegal who killed Lakin Reilly is an illegal from Venezuela. He bashed her face in with an iron so severely, she was unrecognizable.

He crossed the border in September and was released by immigration. In November, was arrested for crimes involving a minor in NYC, but the Democrat DA released him.

'Democrats Furious That Biden Described Laken Riley's Killer As An "Illegal".
March 9th, 2024 at 4:28:10 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Adam Schiff’s campaign spent more money on ads for Steve Garvey….. than Steve Garvey’s!

Loser (multiple meanings) Katie Porter actually said her Democrat colleague RIGGED the election AGAINST HER by doing so! I guess it’s off to MSNBC or CNN for her$.

Schiff will be bad for the country. But not as bad as Porter would be!
March 9th, 2024 at 6:22:12 AM permalink
RonC
"Technically he's not supposed to be here...."

President Joe Biden speaking about his calling the killer of Laken Riley "illegal".

So, he knows that they are not supposed to be here. Are we kicking out 100% of people who enter at places other than "Ports of Entry"? Are those people being fingerprinted and other identifying information being kept on those detained and removed?

Is everyone who comes in at a "Port of Entry" being identified, photographed, fingerprinted, questioned, DNA sampled, and health screened (and what else?) before being allowed to actual roam free in the country?

Transparency.

I wish Democrats would stand up for their stance on allowing everyone in, make proposals to make them all legal, tell everyone they want open borders, provide paths to citizenship for everyone, and tell us how each dollar of government money is spent taking care of the newcomers...what is sent to NGOs and what is spent in other ways. As agents of the government, the NGOs should do the same financial reporting.

I am sure every Democrat does not feel the same way, but I wish the rabid border deniers would go ahead and stand up and be counted.
March 9th, 2024 at 7:29:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
"Technically he's not supposed to be here...."

President Joe Biden speaking about his calling the killer of Laken Riley "illegal".

So, he knows that they are not supposed to be here. Are we kicking out 100% of people who enter at places other than "Ports of Entry"? Are those people being fingerprinted and other identifying information being kept on those detained and removed?

Is everyone who comes in at a "Port of Entry" being identified, photographed, fingerprinted, questioned, DNA sampled, and health screened (and what else?) before being allowed to actual roam free in the country?

Transparency.

I wish Democrats would stand up for their stance on allowing everyone in, make proposals to make them all legal, tell everyone they want open borders, provide paths to citizenship for everyone, and tell us how each dollar of government money is spent taking care of the newcomers...what is sent to NGOs and what is spent in other ways. As agents of the government, the NGOs should do the same financial reporting.

I am sure every Democrat does not feel the same way, but I wish the rabid border deniers would go ahead and stand up and be counted.

Your guys can choose to work out a deal no one on either side really likes, or the extremists in your party can keep insisting on “my way” or nothing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 9th, 2024 at 8:19:40 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
Your guys can choose to work out a deal no one on either side really likes, or the extremists in your party can keep insisting on “my way” or nothing.

I've commented plenty on the failings of Congress, thank you. That includes Republicans and Democrats. If there had been someone running against my Representative in the primary, I would have likely voted for that person (if well qualified). My Representative is a clown. I have told him as much and told others that I believe he is a bad.

The issue is that we actually have laws on the books. Those laws, imperfect as they may be, could be enforced by either a Republican or a Democrat in the top office. Ignoring them and blaming Congress as a smoke screen against doing the right thing is just as wrong as the impasse in Congress.

If I was the Speaker or Leader, I would tell the group that they can kiss vacations and campaigning goodbye until we got a few things done--a budget done on time, immigration reform that makes sense, and other stuff. I would, of course, be removed from that office immediately.

Anyone who blames the Republicans for the border crisis based on a bill not passing is part of the problem. It is a deflection, not a truth.

I did say that they should take up both bills and figure something out, but the guy who is President told us he was going to be the adult in the room.

Go ahead, Mr. President, be the adult in the room.
March 9th, 2024 at 8:26:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I've commented plenty on the failings of Congress, thank you. That includes Republicans and Democrats. If there had been someone running against my Representative in the primary, I would have likely voted for that person (if well qualified). My Representative is a clown. I have told him as much and told others that I believe he is a bad.

The issue is that we actually have laws on the books. Those laws, imperfect as they may be, could be enforced by either a Republican or a Democrat in the top office. Ignoring them and blaming Congress as a smoke screen against doing the right thing is just as wrong as the impasse in Congress.

If I was the Speaker or Leader, I would tell the group that they can kiss vacations and campaigning goodbye until we got a few things done--a budget done on time, immigration reform that makes sense, and other stuff. I would, of course, be removed from that office immediately.

Anyone who blames the Republicans for the border crisis based on a bill not passing is part of the problem. It is a deflection, not a truth.

I did say that they should take up both bills and figure something out, but the guy who is President told us he was going to be the adult in the room.

Go ahead, Mr. President, be the adult in the room.

Didn’t you hear the part about policies that Trump tried to enforce about border issues were overturned by rulings of the court, or did you miss that news?

And a recent Texas court ruled, immigration problem is not an emergency, like Abbot is trying to claim.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 9th, 2024 at 8:55:35 AM permalink
RonC
Didn’t you hear the part about policies that Trump tried to enforce about border issues were overturned by rulings of the court, or did you miss that news?

And a recent Texas court ruled, immigration problem is not an emergency, like Abbot is trying to claim.

Yes, I heard that. Have you heard that there are still some legal actions that he could take or expand? There are others that were not fully tested in court.

He was willing to go to the Supreme Court on the student loan forgiveness issue, which even people in his own party said was not legal for him to do unilaterally, yet he is not willing to push a little to secure the border.
March 9th, 2024 at 9:03:07 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Credit to Biden

I think it is a terrible idea to limit fees on credit cards. I prefer a free market where they can chare whatever they want and the consumer gets to decide if they want to use that card.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.