2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

March 11th, 2024 at 5:44:41 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Like, I pointed out before, it only takes a small drone to get 10s of thousands of fentanyl doses over the border. It's irrelevant to point out the drug problem linked to immigrants. Just a distraction. Wasn't some of Trump's immigration success due to covid, which is no longer the threat?

The DEA seized 6 tons of fentanyl and 77 million fentanyl pills at the border last year. Most ever.

That's a lot of drones and carrier pigeons.

It is being smuggled in vehicles. They reduced vehicle inspections because they were causing traffic delays.

The big increases began under Biden.

1.6 million fentanyl pills seized in 2019. 77 million seized in 2023.

Trump's immigration success was not due to Covid. Border encounters increased in mid 2020 when Biden was seen leading in the polls. Then it shot up from there.

The difference between border crosser encounters under Trump and under Biden, is Trump sent most of them back, while Biden lets all of them stay, to take jobs from Americans and keep wages down.

'The Great Replacement Loophole: Illegal Immigrants Score 5-Year Work Benefit While "Waiting" For Deporation, Asylum'

March 11th, 2024 at 5:47:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
See, you can either believe Langford was a good faith actor, and wasn't making that deal leaving everyone in the dark, and then surprising everyone with a deal they couldn't accept, and enjoyed wasting all that time on a failed deal or you can believe Trump isn't a good faith actor, who selfishly controls his own party and has no qualms about throwing Republicans under the bus if they don't follow his whims.

I know which I believe.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2024 at 5:54:40 AM permalink
rxwine
My point is even if the border was locked tight to illegals, it's still easy to get a lot of fentanyl in. That's why I say it is irrelevant.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2024 at 6:59:10 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I put that idea forward, because Republicans don't want to admit Trump actually killed it for selfish reasons..

I put the idea of ignoring HR 2 forward because the more recent bill was not taken up due to real objections and not totally due to "selfish reasons." "Selfish reasons" could also easily describe why neither the President or Senate Leader were willing to not take up HR 2. They did not want to do anything to give Republicans a victory even if the bill had been amended to look a lot different.

If they weren't political decisions, the bills would be taken up, amended, and sent to conference committee. They would pass or fail then based on the compromise produced.

Political decisions lead to the failure to work on bills all the time. It is part of the process.
March 11th, 2024 at 7:37:25 AM permalink
Tanko
My point is even if the border was locked tight to illegals, it's still easy to get a lot of fentanyl in.

Easier than ever under Biden.

Pill seizures up 4,712% since Biden took office.

Fentanyl seizures up 458% over the same period.

328,000 drug overdose deaths under Biden.

Killing Americans and giving away their jobs.
March 11th, 2024 at 8:34:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Tanko
Easier than ever under Biden.

Pill seizures up 4,712% since Biden took office.

Fentanyl seizures up 458% over the same period.

328,000 drug overdose deaths under Biden.

Killing Americans and giving away their jobs.

You can only kill yourself once.. They'll be more than enough fentanyl under any Republican

Really, you know of jobs going to illegals that Americans wanted and tried to get but couldn't?
March 11th, 2024 at 9:04:25 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Don't write the word "illegal" unless you want to be treated like Biden was, after the State of the Union speech.

It's not politically correct to say an illegal person is illegal.

It's bad for votes.

It's important to pretend they are legal, but never say the word.
March 11th, 2024 at 11:31:24 AM permalink
Tanko
Really, you know of jobs going to illegals that Americans wanted and tried to get but couldn't?

Shoot Yeah!

'Comparing the fourth quarter of 2019 to the fourth quarter of 2023 shows 2.7 million more people working in the United States — 2.9 million more immigrants (legal and illegal) and 183,000 fewer U.S.-born Americans.'

'Over 100% of the Increase in Employment Since 2020 is Foreign Born'
March 11th, 2024 at 12:16:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Tanko
Shoot Yeah!

'Comparing the fourth quarter of 2019 to the fourth quarter of 2023 shows 2.7 million more people working in the United States — 2.9 million more immigrants (legal and illegal) and 183,000 fewer U.S.-born Americans.'

'Over 100% of the Increase in Employment Since 2020 is Foreign Born'

You'd think there'd be numerous personal stories of "that illegal immigrant" took my job were that the case. They should be able to report a new one every day like a regular feature on conservative news from here until the election.
March 11th, 2024 at 2:20:06 PM permalink
Tanko
You'd think there'd be numerous personal stories of "that illegal immigrant" took my job were that the case. They should be able to report a new one every day like a regular feature on conservative news from here until the election.

And be called racists and xenophobes

The BLS report does not distinguish between legal and illegals. Only 'Foreign Born'. Illegals are given five year work permits to enable them to work here.

This is Biden's own BLS 'Table A-7. Employment status of the civilian population by nativity and sex, not seasonally adjusted'

Look at the 'Employed' column.

1.48 million more foreign born employed in Feb. 2024 than in Feb. 2023

818,000 fewer native born employed in Feb. 2024 than in Feb. 2023

You can retrieve the A-7 data for the past decade with this link

https://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab7.htm