2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

November 8th, 2022 at 2:03:01 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rquiredusername
I bet some of y’all even wore colors to the polls today for the red vs blue mishmash.

Well kenarman didn’t because he’s Canadian and I didn’t because my vote was submitted nearly a month ago.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 8th, 2022 at 2:09:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: rquiredusername
I bet some of y’all even wore colors to the polls today for the red vs blue mishmash.

I sent an illegal immigrant to vote for me and some dead family members, and I don't what he wore.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 8th, 2022 at 2:24:52 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
I sent an illegal immigrant to vote for me and some dead family members, and I don't what he wore.

Not much you’d do would surprise me. I bet some people strategically dressed their children in their favorite teams colors today.
November 8th, 2022 at 10:04:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Funny, I still am not convinced Biden isn't worse mentally than most of the left thinks he is, and yet I also thought the right overestimated how damaged Fetterman's brain was. There was a bad moment in the debate where Fetterman's brain seemed to lock up completely, but otherwise I thought he got his answers out coherently though in staggered amounts. You just had to be patient.

They both have in common that their condition could change suddenly for the worse.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 8th, 2022 at 10:29:17 PM permalink
rxwine
If what I read about Oz is true, he went from a very admirable background as a researcher and MD, to selling questionable products for fame and more money.
That's too bad.
November 9th, 2022 at 4:44:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Well Roevember certainly happened, the GOP went from a massive favorite to lockup both houses by a wide margin, to maybe (probably) getting a small majority in the House, and maybe (probably) not taking the Senate (neither of these are certain yet).

And, on the State side (which I care less about) more States flipped blue than flipped Red. Heck Arizona is turning blue, that is a good sign....
November 10th, 2022 at 9:45:24 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
Is ROEvember dead?
Asking for a friend.
LMAO

Can’t imagine why jcw stopped posting.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 10th, 2022 at 11:11:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: ams288
Can’t imagine why jcw stopped posting.

Alito didn't totally mess them up with Dobbs. But when conservative extremists couldn't keep their erections from popping out of the pants for near all out bans on abortion until after November, they totally shot themselves in the foot.

Kissing Trump's butt didn't do them any favors either.
November 10th, 2022 at 12:24:05 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Perception trumps reality, again! You all know (I hope!) that every two years the election for the House starts fresh. Zero representatives are chosen before the election. Zero. Every election is for an open seat. So the Democrats and Republicans both start even, at ZERO seats. Incumbency confers an advantage, and in this cycle there were a dozen or so MORE incumbent Democrats than Republicans. Despite having fewer incumbents, the albatross on their necks named Trump, the energized base caused by Roe overturned, and the generally weak candidates the Republicans put forward, the Republicans will win A MAJORITY of these elections. Last I saw, if there were a ‘popular vote’ of House candidates, the Republicans would have won this vote by over FOUR MILLION votes.

So what do you say if you are a Democrat? ‘Well, we were supposed to lose by even more, so this loss is a win!’ Only in American politics…..

I’d be saying the same thing about the Senate had the Republicans not been STUPID enough to nominate Oz/Walker.
November 10th, 2022 at 1:58:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
Perception trumps reality, again! You all know (I hope!) that every two years the election for the House starts fresh. Zero representatives are chosen before the election. Zero. Every election is for an open seat. So the Democrats and Republicans both start even, at ZERO seats. Incumbency confers an advantage, and in this cycle there were a dozen or so MORE incumbent Democrats than Republicans. Despite having fewer incumbents, the albatross on their necks named Trump, the energized base caused by Roe overturned, and the generally weak candidates the Republicans put forward, the Republicans will win A MAJORITY of these elections. Last I saw, if there were a ‘popular vote’ of House candidates, the Republicans would have won this vote by over FOUR MILLION votes.

So what do you say if you are a Democrat? ‘Well, we were supposed to lose by even more, so this loss is a win!’ Only in American politics…..

I’d be saying the same thing about the Senate had the Republicans not been STUPID enough to nominate Oz/Walker.

If you're a gambling man, you need to guess the outcome, not the outcome you wanted to happen. If you bet redwave, you didn't win.