2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

November 10th, 2022 at 2:07:50 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
If you're a gambling man, you need to guess the outcome, not the outcome you wanted to happen. If you bet redwave, you didn't win.

Not my point at all. Of course people love to guess outcomes. And sometimes bet on them. But the fact remains (IF the Repubs do actually win the House) that the Repubs will have won and the Dems lost. But the narrative is it’s a big win for the Democrats. Had the ‘experts’ had predicted a Republican house this EXACT result would be called a huge Republican win!

To me it is simple. The Senate result is a Democrat win. The House result is a Republican win. Pretty simple to me. And good for US! Laws are better when they are truly bipartisan.
November 10th, 2022 at 2:44:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Not my point at all. Of course people love to guess outcomes. And sometimes bet on them. But the fact remains (IF the Repubs do actually win the House) that the Repubs will have won and the Dems lost. But the narrative is it’s a big win for the Democrats. Had the ‘experts’ had predicted a Republican house this EXACT result would be called a huge Republican win!

To me it is simple. The Senate result is a Democrat win. The House result is a Republican win. Pretty simple to me. And good for US! Laws are better when they are truly bipartisan.

It was what I was talking about. I never expected the house to hold. If Dems held the house and the Senate, then I was way off.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 11th, 2022 at 8:37:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.yahoo.com/news/maryland-republican-lost-race-300k-123048827.html
Dude loses by over 300k votes
Won't concede
Guess what party He is from
Yup, the sore loser party where they blame rigged elections for losses
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 11th, 2022 at 11:08:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Voters prefer out of touch rather than out of their mind.

-The Atlantic
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 11th, 2022 at 11:31:13 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
https://www.yahoo.com/news/maryland-republican-lost-race-300k-123048827.html
Dude loses by over 300k votes
Won't concede
Guess what party He is from
Yup, the sore loser party where they blame rigged elections for losses

There are unfortunately some just out of touch with reality. If you lose by 300 make all these assertions. If you lose by 300k just STFU. Be like Zeldin. Concede while mentioning the positive things your campaign brought about. Be like Sean Patrick Maloney. Concede before it is mathematically impossible for you to win, but clear that you are not going to win.

The concession speech is what you owe to the people that both voted for and against you.
November 12th, 2022 at 5:01:44 AM permalink
terapined
Too funny
Hannity says he has no idea where this red wave talk came from
Really Hannity
The disconnect from reality is stunning
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 12th, 2022 at 7:46:08 AM permalink
terapined
Oh yea
No red wave in Nevada

New York Post : Nevada Republican Adam Laxalt's Senate campaign ‘bracing for a loss,’ prepping for recount: report.
https://nypost.com/2022/11/11/nevada-republican-adam-laxalts-senate-campaign-prepping-for-recount-report/
November 12th, 2022 at 9:41:34 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Be like Zeldin. Concede while mentioning the positive things your campaign brought about. Be like Sean Patrick Maloney. Concede before it is mathematically impossible for you to win, but clear that you are not going to win.

Flipped four congressional seats to Republicans and ended the Democrat super majority in the state senate. Took 49 of 62 counties.

NYC did him in. He lost by 64 percentage points in Manhattan, and 43 percentage points in Brooklyn.

Maloney's crack that families have to eat Chef Boyardee to deal with inflation, didn't help his campaign.
November 12th, 2022 at 9:22:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
RIP RealClearPolitics. Absolute garbage site.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 12th, 2022 at 11:14:46 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
I wonder if this epic crypto exchange fraud/collapse would have happened one week earlier if it would have considerably impacted midterm results given the massive donations from a Ponzi scheme.