No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

April 14th, 2023 at 7:33:44 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: kenarman
American freedom has never included the right to murder other Americans. On the other hand it has always been open season on non Americans. Maybe that is how you get around it, is a fetus an American citizen?

Based on the context of The Constitution, I'd have to say no:

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript

Quote:
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

That would imply to me that a person cannot be a citizen without first being born. I'd venture to guess that's because they aren't alive yet, so therefore, would not have any Constitutional Rights.

I really don't understand why anyone, Evangelicals aside, would be strictly pro-life.

For one thing, if we could do genetic testing and determine that the fetus is going to be born as a retard, who has no chance of having any positive social utility (or some other birth defect) then why wouldn't we want the mother to kill it if that's what she wants to do? The research that we can get out of the fetal tissue will be of more use than that kid ever will.

Some Republicans want to dial it back on social safety nets, medicaid (or whatever) for kids, etc...they REALLY want them born, but don't care what happens to them, once alive.

Even if you did pull back on all social safety nets, an abortion is still significantly cheaper than just one year of public school, much less thirteen years of it.

Also, what sort of parents do we expect people to be if they didn't want the kid in the first place? No, adoption is not a solution...not enough potential adoptive parents...which would be even more true if the Republicans had their way and homosexual couples could not adopt.

Personally, I think that the best thing to do would be to eliminate the 12 week stipulation of FMLA for childbirth and reduce that number to zero weeks. If companies want to offer paid maternity leave, then they can go ahead and do that, but there's no inherent Constitutional Right to have children; therefore, it should be left up to the states if there is going to be any FMLA guidance at all.

I would also hope not, though some states would, because what we need are MORE abortions, not fewer. It's much cheaper than a child being born. Besides, I would think most companies would protect their jobs, to some extent, anyway.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 14th, 2023 at 7:45:26 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: kenarman
American freedom has never included the right to murder other Americans. On the other hand it has always been open season on non Americans. Maybe that is how you get around it, is a fetus an American citizen?

The embedded image shows the formula: The American Family + Contraception + Abortion + Divorce + Gay Marriage = Confusion.

It's not really confusion since it's very easy to see (for me).

That formula's process took about 50 years or so (since the sexual revolution).

It's what was needed to finally take us over (fertility rate and demographics).

We can see it with the _DOJ currently attacking one side and not the other.

Ron Paul thinks it was earlier in the 1960s (see recent article).

Whenever it officially was, it likely coincided with the bankers controlling the politicians.

So could be as early as Andrew Jackson's time (see Trump's portrait in office).

But easiest for me to see the takeover was when Hillary's election was stolen, and then the more obvious Trump election being stolen, after they discovered he was a man of peace and not war.

-------------------------------

Swamp Drainer

Apr 13, 2023

https://twitter.com/FedupWithSwamp/status/1646503965364740104?cxt=HHwWkICzjcGox9ktAAAA

------------------------------
April 14th, 2023 at 7:46:04 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146

I would also hope not, though some states would, because what we need are MORE abortions, not fewer. It's much cheaper than a child being born. Besides, I would think most companies would protect their jobs, to some extent, anyway.

I would be in favor of a means test and competency test before being allowed to have a child. And, of course, I should be the arbiter for all decisions.

Pro-Life - NO
Pro-Choice- NO
Pro-Abortion - YES
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 14th, 2023 at 7:54:53 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
I would be in favor of a means test and competency test before being allowed to have a child. And, of course, I should be the arbiter for all decisions.

Pro-Life - NO
Pro-Choice- NO
Pro-Abortion - YES

I don't think that's ever getting passed! LOL

The fact of the matter is, I agree with you on the Pro-Abortion part. It occurs to me that the majority of people, when it comes to resource input v. resource output, have negative social utility. Even if we ignore all other potential Government assistance, someone has to do at least reasonably well to pay back the cost of their education, via being taxed on income. Could you imagine how well they would have to do if you indexed the cost of their education (at the time) and then adjusted those costs for inflation?

The fact of the matter is, while some tax funds could use some redirecting, the rich don't need to be taxed anymore than they already are if we're going to keep personal income taxes (which we shouldn't). As it stands now, I'd venture a guess that only 1-5% of all Americans have net positive economic utility, so it would seem like the rich are being taxed enough since they're shouldering the burden of most state and federal programs.

That said, if we were to keep income taxes and I had my way, state and federal income taxes would be reduced to nothing for those making under $100,000/annually and $200,000 for couples. No deductions allowed whatsoever, but it seems to me you should clear the poverty line by a few multiples over if the Government is going to be expecting income tax money from you...they get other taxes, or could, from these people anyway.

Say what you will about sales taxes, but at least they're fair. You buy something; here is the percentage you pay. People with less money buy less stuff and are, therefore, effectively taxed less.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 14th, 2023 at 7:58:43 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DoubleGold
The embedded image shows the formula: The American Family + Contraception + Abortion + Divorce + Gay Marriage = Confusion.

It's not really confusion since it's very easy to see (for me).

That formula's process took about 50 years or so (since the sexual revolution).

It's what was needed to finally take us over (fertility rate and demographics).

We can see it with the _DOJ currently attacking one side and not the other.

Ron Paul thinks it was earlier in the 1960s (see recent article).

Whenever it officially was, it likely coincided with the bankers controlling the politicians.

So could be as early as Andrew Jackson's time (see Trump's portrait in office).

But easiest for me to see the takeover was when Hillary's election was stolen, and then the more obvious Trump election being stolen, after they discovered he was a man of peace and not war.

-------------------------------

Swamp Drainer

Apr 13, 2023

https://twitter.com/FedupWithSwamp/status/1646503965364740104?cxt=HHwWkICzjcGox9ktAAAA

------------------------------

I hope you're right and it was intentional.

Whatever makes Evangelicals miserable is A-OK in my book. Just be happy that you won't be alive for 100 more years when society starts freezing people with certain religious beliefs out of jobs; it won't be the Government doing it, and it won't be overt, so it will be perfectly legal.
April 14th, 2023 at 8:01:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Information age is only getting better, baby!!!

Belong to a Baptist Church? Pretty soon, enough information will be retrievable and published online that society will know everyone who is any kind of Evangelical and can use their Freedom of Association to freeze them out of jobs and public services.

Didn't want to make cakes for gay couples, did you? That's fine. Turnabout is fair play.

I absolutely cannot wait until Evangelicals are shut completely out of society. Mocked. Scorned. Disregarded as the sub-human animals that they are. The best part is, these companies will hire Catholics and Methodists. It's not discrimination, see? We've got all kinds of Christians who work here!
April 14th, 2023 at 2:07:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Gavin Newsom tweet:

Quote:
Florida will now require rape and incest victims to show “documents” to prove they got raped.

If they can’t provide them, the government will mandate they give birth to their rapist’s child.

Dems smell blood in the water with this issue!

Righties gonna be VERY sick of everyone talking about abortion for the foreseeable future.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 21st, 2023 at 1:49:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
April 21st, 2023 at 1:55:07 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ann-coulter-solves-the-abortion-debate-by-calling-for-a-ban-for-registered-republicans-only/ss-AA1a7IGd?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=47411098d8ea4ec3adf1f998e6bb8e53&ei=11
Good idea

Terrible idea. You can't hold everyone in a party to what a subset wants.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 21st, 2023 at 3:46:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court preserves women's access to abortion drug, rejecting court-imposed restrictions while legal case continues.

Only Alito and Thomas would have allowed the crazy TX judge’s ruling to stand while this works its way through the courts. Those two nutcases…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman