2 votes (50%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

May 16th, 2023 at 8:22:12 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
I'd be shocked if he pulled more than 0.5% of the overall vote as an independent, some of which would come from Republicans if Trump ran, but I guess it's possible.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 16th, 2023 at 9:58:43 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288

1.) Trump could have both and it wouldn't have changed the result.

2.) I'd expect Manchin, running as an independent, would pull some votes from both Trump and Biden; what few votes he would get, that is. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being a wash.

It's just going to be a get out the swaths of uninformed voters on your side, same as 2020. Manchin is only going to appeal to Centrists and, I would think, pull roughly equal votes from both sides. Many Republicans would like an alternative to Trump; they just don't want the fourth letter of the alphabet appearing beside his/her name.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 18th, 2023 at 3:12:45 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
2024 is shaping up to be the most lopsided victory for single party, since Kim Jong Un's Workers Party took North Korea.

New poll claims Biden would beat Trump by an even wider margin, if the election was held today.

It wasn’t just “the economy stupid”—it was abortion

Voters will abort the Republican Party in 2024

'Republicans seem determined to die on the hill called abortion in 2024 – and they may take the country down with them. Abortion is a litmus test for millions of swing voters

Ronna Romney McDaniel, Chair of the Republican National Committee, an enemy planted behind Republican lines by her uncle Mitt, to destroy the Party from within, is advising candidates to defend their unpopular pro-life values and attack their opponents. Despite 69% of the voters supporting first trimester abortion, and 69% of single females voting Democrat.
May 18th, 2023 at 6:24:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Is George Santos going to jail before he resigns or runs for office? I hope he realizes a judge is likely not going to go with a minimum sentence. At least I can't imagine all this moronic behavior is going to serve him well when they finally sink their claws into him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 18th, 2023 at 6:27:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
2024 is shaping up to be the most lopsided victory for single party, since Kim Jong Un's Workers Party took North Korea.

New poll claims Biden would beat Trump by an even wider margin, if the election was held today.

It wasn’t just “the economy stupid”—it was abortion

Voters will abort the Republican Party in 2024

'Republicans seem determined to die on the hill called abortion in 2024 – and they may take the country down with them. Abortion is a litmus test for millions of swing voters

Ronna Romney McDaniel, Chair of the Republican National Committee, an enemy planted behind Republican lines by her uncle Mitt, to destroy the Party from within, is advising candidates to defend their unpopular pro-life values and attack their opponents. Despite 69% of the voters supporting first trimester abortion, and 69% of single females voting Democrat.

i agree
Good post Tanko
Candidates like Desantis cant read a room
I'm amazed supposedly intelligent people think Desantis has a shot at being President
He has no shot because he cant read the American People and especially American Women voters
This is why we will not have a republican president in the near future
https://www.yahoo.com/news/antiabortion-groups-push-2024-gop-102445124.html
"Antiabortion groups push 2024 GOP candidates to embrace national ban"

Talk bout a party out of touch
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 18th, 2023 at 10:52:19 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Advocating increasingly narrow, more conservative positions viz. abortion will likely prove to be quite toxic for the republicans.
May 18th, 2023 at 11:16:28 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Tanko

If you really believe that I would be willing to make a bet that it won't be the most lopsided U.S. presidential election.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 31st, 2023 at 11:41:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Doubt if it means much for the Democrats politically.

[q[Rep. Chris Stewart, R-Utah, said Wednesday he will resign from Congress once an orderly transition can be secured. 
Stewart, a six-term lawmaker, announced his intent to leave the House of Representatives on Wednesday due to his wife's illness. His resignation would leave open a Republican seat on the House Appropriations and Intelligence committees — and reduce an already narrow GOP majority to just four seats.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 8th, 2023 at 6:57:55 PM permalink
ams288
Saw this on Twitter:

Quote:
I’m not saying that Sammy Alito’s decision in Dobbs is a world historic political blunder that will cripple his beloved Republican Party. But there sure is a lot of evidence building for that hypothesis.

Every election is ROEvember now.
November 8th, 2023 at 3:54:30 AM permalink
ams288
Quote:
Democratic governor wins re-election in Kentucky.
Democrats win the state Supreme Court race in Pennsylvania.
Democrats hold the state Senate and flip the House of Delegates in Virginia.
Democrats win both ballot issues in Ohio.

Another ROEvember in the books.

The biggest LOL of the night for me is Virginia. Youngkin literally campaigned on a 15 week abortion ban if the GOP would be able to flip the state senate. DUMBASS!!