Page 10 of 13« First<78910111213>
November 8th, 2022 at 8:16:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
From the L A Times'

"BY GRACE TOOHEYSTAFF WRITER
OCT. 18, 2022 8:43 PM PT

About 5,000 people in Riverside County will receive duplicate vote-by-mail ballots for the November midterm election after a “computer system error,” but the mistake won’t allow voters to cast ballots twice, according to the county registrar."

Mistakes happen. Maybe the computer will catch them but who knows. Will the official that screwed up admit they got counted?

You can't legitimately argue that mail-in voting is as secure as in person voting. Do you care, apparently not. I do because I believe in democracy, unlike most of the lefties now.

I bolded a key sentence in your sourcing that you either ignored or did not comprehend (I’m going with the latter).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 8th, 2022 at 8:48:19 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: kenarman
Clever way to pump up the mail-in votes. You forgot a key word in your post, received YET. So you are going to go and vote again and your original ballot shows up and gets counted as well, or maybe it has but didn't get registered properly. These are all the loopholes in mail in ballots that make them less secure than in person voting.

None of that happened either.

My mail in ballet ended up arriving late last night. This morning I took it to my polling place, surrendered the mail in ballot, and then was able to vote as normal.

I voted for the keystone party candidate in the senate race.
November 8th, 2022 at 8:54:50 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: SOOPOO
Bingo! At a polling station at least theoretically the person voting under the name John Q Public has been verified as being John Q Public by a poll worker. Not so much for the Alzheimer’s addled parents of the (pick one)
1. Far left whacko
2. Far right whacko

Anyone who says that mail in ballots are ‘secure’ is just whacko!

That being said, there is no reason to believe one party is more likely to benefit from this type of ‘non security’.

Some believe easy access to voting trumps security. Some don’t.

I don’t. Im about to jump in my car with wifey and go vote.

In PA, they capture your signature the first time you vote, and then use that as the only means to verify your identity.

I assume they check signatures on mail-in, so I really don’t see any difference.

I don’t have to show any form of ID to vote. Just a signature.

None of that seems super secure to me, but I don’t see one as being much worse than the other.
November 8th, 2022 at 10:26:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Apparently Fetterman has filed a lawsuit asking that illegal ballots be counted. Pennsylvania law requires mail in ballots be dated. Fetterman wants that law ignored.

Seems ironic that a Senate candidate wants to ignore a law regarding elections!

If you think that requirement is wrong/bad/racist…. elect officials who will change that !!!!

Not ironic but par for the course. In 2020 they wanted to count mail in ballots that arrived days after the election. Mail voting is simply about fraud. No good reason for it.
The President is a fink.
November 8th, 2022 at 10:52:46 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
Not ironic but par for the course. In 2020 they wanted to count mail in ballots that arrived days after the election. Mail voting is simply about fraud. No good reason for it.

That is just a STUPID point. Mail in voting is not ‘simply about fraud’. It just ISN’T! Mail in voting allows many to vote who for one reason or another would not vote if they had to actually show up to do so. I’m NOT disagreeing with you on the security issues of mail in voting. But to imply that it was put in to allow fraud (you of course imply from the Democrat side) just shows a total lack of understanding of the Democrat (I believe wrong) belief that actually having someone get their ass to a polling place disenfranchises the poor/black/(fill in any other Democrat demographic).

As far as when they count mail in ballots and when they disqualify them, that should be clearly spelled out in state law. Arizona and Georgia, two states where Republicans whined about the 2020 results, were run by Republicans.

My wife asked me how will they know it’s her when she votes? I told her they won’t, but you have to sign, and IN THEORY someone checks to see that they match the signature they have on record. She said her signature from years ago barely looks like her signature today, so she asked if she should bring ID? I told her the chance of the very nice 75 year old election worker questioning her signature was lower than our chance of winning Powerball. She asked me why doesn’t everyone have to show ID?

I told her because her party (Democrat) does everything it can to block voter ID laws.
November 8th, 2022 at 10:53:09 AM permalink
ams288

lol

Mail ballots are allowed to be counted as long as they are postmarked by Election Day.

Of course some will arrive “days after the election.”

Some of you righties have truly lost your minds over mail-in voting!!!
November 8th, 2022 at 11:19:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
That is just a STUPID point. Mail in voting is not ‘simply about fraud’. It just ISN’T! Mail in voting allows many to vote who for one reason or another would not vote if they had to actually show up to do so. I’m NOT disagreeing with you on the security issues of mail in voting. But to imply that it was put in to allow fraud (you of course imply from the Democrat side) just shows a total lack of understanding of the Democrat (I believe wrong) belief that actually having someone get their ass to a polling place disenfranchises the poor/black/(fill in any other Democrat demographic).

As far as when they count mail in ballots and when they disqualify them, that should be clearly spelled out in state law. Arizona and Georgia, two states where Republicans whined about the 2020 results, were run by Republicans.

My wife asked me how will they know it’s her when she votes? I told her they won’t, but you have to sign, and IN THEORY someone checks to see that they match the signature they have on record. She said her signature from years ago barely looks like her signature today, so she asked if she should bring ID? I told her the chance of the very nice 75 year old election worker questioning her signature was lower than our chance of winning Powerball. She asked me why doesn’t everyone have to show ID?

I told her because her party (Democrat) does everything it can to block voter ID laws.

Unless you can give a good reason you should have to show up. Being too lazy to get to the polling place is not a good reason. Being out of area is but we have had the a absentee ballot forever so there was no reason to add mail voting. Mail voting allows ballot harvesting which is just another form of fraud. There are so many fraud holes as to be

They never even audit the results.
The President is a fink.
November 8th, 2022 at 11:23:58 AM permalink
ams288
Unless you can give a good reason you should have to show up. Being too lazy to get to the polling place is not a good reason.

Thankfully, you don’t run things and that is not how it works.

My reason for voting absentee was “I’m too lazy,” and guess what? My vote counts just as much as those suckers waiting in line today.
November 8th, 2022 at 12:35:07 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
I hate partially agreeing with AMS, but....
I am in the camp of you should’t need a reason to vote by mail.
But you should have to at least make the request to receive your ballot by mail.
Mail in ballots are fine when requested,
The mass mailing out of ballots to everyone on the voting roles is wrong.
But I could even go along with it if a copy of your ID was included.

Fetterman campaign already suing to allow mis-dated/non-dated ballots be counted.
At some point we need to say if you are too F’ing stupid to properly date your ballot,
Your vote really shouldn’t count.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 8th, 2022 at 12:41:20 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Quote: JCW09
I hate partially agreeing with AMS, but....
I am in the camp of you should’t need a reason to vote by mail.
But you should have to at least make the request to receive your ballot by mail.
Mail in ballots are fine when requested,
The mass mailing out of ballots to everyone on the voting roles is wrong.
But I could even go along with it if a copy of your ID was included.

Fetterman campaign already suing to allow mis-dated/non-dated ballots be counted.
At some point we need to say if you are too F’ing stupid to properly date your ballot,
Your vote really shouldn’t count.

Agreed - they make it ridiculously clear that you need to sign and date the envelope.

That said, I have no problem with ballot curing as long as it’s done before polls close.
Page 10 of 13« First<78910111213>