Walker v Warnock

October 14th, 2022 at 2:08:44 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I could not disagree with everyone on both sides more, I think the GA Senate debate tonight will be one of the most entertaining Senate debate ever. In fact, I cannot think of a Senate debate I would rather watch. I will probably not be able to watch it all live as I have to go to bed crazy early tonight, but I will certainly watch it at some point.
October 14th, 2022 at 2:12:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
I could not disagree with everyone on both sides more, I think the GA Senate debate tonight will be one of the most entertaining Senate debate ever. In fact, I cannot think of a Senate debate I would rather watch. I will probably not be able to watch it all live as I have to go to bed crazy early tonight, but I will certainly watch it at some point.

Would rather watch live baseball and watch debate highlights later.
I think it's crazy to watch the debate live and watch baseball highlights later
But that's just me :-)

I'm in Georgia currently. Boy am I sick of these political ads
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 14th, 2022 at 2:15:46 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: terapined
Would rather watch live baseball and watch debate highlights later.
I think it's crazy to watch the debate live and watch baseball highlights later
But that's just me :-)

I'm in Georgia currently. Boy am I sick of these political ads

It never ends in GA, virtually constant elections due to the runoff system.
October 14th, 2022 at 3:52:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

I’m with you, I can’t think of a more interesting debate this election season.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 14th, 2022 at 4:08:32 PM permalink
Gandler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDjYHMyfiPk

Well its live now, and going exactly how everyone thought it would be even 5 mins in....

"unless you have a eating right, insulin won't do you no good" .....
October 16th, 2022 at 4:36:23 PM permalink
Gandler
Having watched the full debate it is clear Warnock won. There were only two questions that he did not have great answers to (The Church Eviction and the will you support Biden for 2024), and even then his answers were not terrible, but just a little too politician dodgy sounding, but Walker was a trainwreck every question, no comparison.

Nothing would surprise me anymore after Trump winning so another delusional, serial liar, loudmouth somehow winning would not surprise me, but he is quite possibly the worst Senate candidates that I have seen. I still don't know what I posted earlier as far as actual policy, he gave vague ramblings. The only thing I know for sure is he is completely against abortion (and even this he kind of backpaddled on) and has some kind of fake police badge in his pocket that he seemed to be waiting to whip out when talking about crime. His only selling point seems to be "I am a Republican, and I am not a politician".....
October 16th, 2022 at 4:53:36 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Having watched the full debate it is clear Warnock won. There were only two questions that he did not have great answers to (The Church Eviction and the will you support Biden for 2024), and even then his answers were not terrible, but just a little too politician dodgy sounding, but Walker was a trainwreck every question, no comparison.

Nothing would surprise me anymore after Trump winning so another delusional, serial liar, loudmouth somehow winning would not surprise me, but he is quite possibly the worst Senate candidates that I have seen. I still don't know what I posted earlier as far as actual policy, he gave vague ramblings. The only thing I know for sure is he is completely against abortion (and even this he kind of backpaddled on) and has some kind of fake police badge in his pocket that he seemed to be waiting to whip out when talking about crime. His only selling point seems to be "I am a Republican, and I am not a politician".....

I think his best campaign pitch would be "I won a Heisman trophy".
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 17th, 2022 at 2:17:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm not sure who the pundit is (Republican female on CNN) but she wondered why Democrats are cracking so hard on Walker since they approve of what he did.

Er, that'd be like approving of an anti-gay republican who is caught seeking gay sex. People should be happy that he was gay over his campaigning against gays.

Yeah, no.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 17th, 2022 at 4:03:04 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
I'm not sure who the pundit is (Republican female on CNN) but she wondered why Democrats are cracking so hard on Walker since they approve of what he did.

Er, that'd be like approving of an anti-gay republican who is caught seeking gay sex. People should be happy that he was gay over his campaigning against gays.

Yeah, no.

That is exactly the point. Nobody cares that Walker helped somebody he slept with get an abortion. But, if that is literally your only platform (again I challenge somebody to point to another issue he has), its beyond hypocritical. Also, if you care about "family values" he should be you last choice (though let's be real no Republican who supported Trump can claim this).
October 18th, 2022 at 10:34:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I truly believe that whatever you define as ‘average intelligence’, HW is at least a standard deviation below that line. How easy would it be to answer the ‘police badge’ question…
“Of course I’m not a policeman, but XYZ police chief gave me this badge as a token of appreciation for all the support and help I’ve given the department.’
As far as the abortion check…. ‘I was in a relationship with Miss X, and she said she needed money. So I gave her what she asked for. Had I known what she was planning to do with it I would have done everything in my power to dissuade her. As you all know, we eventually did have a child together. She never discussed even the possibility of an abortion.’

As far as his ‘platform’, he is actually clear on it. He is opposed to crazed Democrat inflation fueling spending. While Warnock will support it and want EVEN MORE. So that’s why people will vote for a mentally challenged individual over a quite bright and well spoken Warnock. He is ‘SMARTLY’ trying to make this a referendum on the Democrat platform and Biden. I think he will lose, but who really knows?