In the News II

September 25th, 2023 at 10:24:35 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
I wish more Dems were as skilled at trolling as Fetterman is…

I’ve become a fan of Fetterman. He is the first Democrat Senator to unequivocally call for corrupt New Jersey Senator Menendez to resign. The other 50 Democrat Senators are happy to have a criminal who was truly a traitor to our country stay in office because he voted Democrat. And these Senators are the loudest ones on the Trump attack train.
Similar to the loser Republican house members who did not immediately call for the ouster of George Santos.

I think if Fetterman didn’t have his stroke he would have become a star of the Democrat party.
September 25th, 2023 at 10:36:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It’s weird, a while back I listed my three least favorite Dem senators:

Diane Feinstein
Kyrsten Sinema
Robert Menendez

Come Jan 2025, they will all be gone, one way or another…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 25th, 2023 at 1:23:12 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I wouldn't put it past Trump to "fake" an assassination attempt in order to garner sympathy votes.

I am also surprised that nobody has tried to assassinate him: not that they should: that would be wrong and illegal, but he's so divisive I am surprised that nobody seems to have tried.

He's certainly a large, rotund target.

Hopefully he'll remain unscathed, lose the election and spend his golden years behind bars.
September 25th, 2023 at 1:26:37 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
I’ve become a fan of Fetterman. He is the first Democrat Senator to unequivocally call for corrupt New Jersey Senator Menendez to resign. The other 50 Democrat Senators are happy to have a criminal who was truly a traitor to our country stay in office because he voted Democrat. And these Senators are the loudest ones on the Trump attack train.
Similar to the loser Republican house members who did not immediately call for the ouster of George Santos.

I think if Fetterman didn’t have his stroke he would have become a star of the Democrat party.

Sherrod Brown has joined Fetterman in calling for him to resign.

I’m sure more will come along.
September 26th, 2023 at 8:37:17 AM permalink
ams288
Sherrod Brown has joined Fetterman in calling for him to resign.

I’m sure more will come along.

We are now up to 12 Dem senators calling for him to resign, including (most importantly, IMO) his fellow NJ Senator Cory Booker.
September 26th, 2023 at 8:57:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
We are now up to 12 Dem senators calling for him to resign, including (most importantly, IMO) his fellow NJ Senator Cory Booker.

I'm actually glad most waited a bit before coming out for him to resign. It didn't look like there was going to be a revelation that might make him look like he could be easily vindicated, but it doesn't hurt to wait and see a bit. And also see what his first response is going to be and whether it sounded at all promising. (it didn't to me)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 26th, 2023 at 9:05:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Menedez looks to be nothing but a dead weight. Lop him off. If he beats the rap everyone can apologize. Seems unlikely that will happen though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 26th, 2023 at 10:37:51 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Smart move by Biden for visiting the UAW picket line. That will help support his midwestern base voters.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 26th, 2023 at 11:44:40 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Yet it will antagonize those who are pro-big business.

He's the first president to visit a picket line: very dangerous move, politically.
September 26th, 2023 at 11:45:37 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: missedhervee
Yet it will antagonize those who are pro-big business.

Who cares? They were never going to vote for a Dem anyways.