BUD (the King of Beers)

May 23rd, 2023 at 3:23:42 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DoubleGold
Then why are their sales dropping like a rock?

Because markets are complicated? Their sales can drop to zero, they did not discriminate against non-trans people by posting an image on a can.
May 23rd, 2023 at 3:32:11 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Gandler
Because markets are complicated? Their sales can drop to zero, they did not discriminate against non-trans people by posting an image on a can.

There is no doubt putting Dylan's face on one beer can caused sales to drop.

Last I read about -28%, before they made an announcement of buying back already distributed beer.

Then the stock is another story.

I can calculate the billions if you'd like.

Here is the updated Weekly chart as of today.

There's another chart in this thread, for reference.

I added the yellow diagonal upward sloping support line relative to the other.

Can click on the image in the link to expand the image.

As expected, momentum downward is increasing.

----------------------

https://imgur.com/Z4WqTti

---------------------
May 23rd, 2023 at 3:39:17 PM permalink
Gandler
There is no doubt putting Dylan's face on one beer can caused sales to drop.

Last I read about -28%, before they made an announcement of buying back already distributed beer.

Then the stock is another story.

I can calculate the billions if you'd like.

Here is the updated chart as of today.

There's another chart in this thread, for reference.

I added the yellow diagonal upward sloping support line relative to the other.

Can click on the image in the link to expand the image.

As expected, momentum downward is increasing.

----------------------

https://imgur.com/Z4WqTti

---------------------

You are completely missing my point, I am not disputing that sales are going down. I am disputing your use of "discrimination". You made a totally out of line comment and are now bombarding sales charts as a rebuttle. AB can declare BK tonight for all I care. Printing a trans person on a can and having trans stories on a website limited to 21+ is not "discrimination".

Where I work, during black history month (FEB) we get weekly emails about historically relevant African Americans. Is this discrimination against me because I am (basically) white (or not black)?

Pride month is fast approaching, I hope you are ready for a lot more "discrimination" by major companies.....
May 23rd, 2023 at 4:04:54 PM permalink
DoubleGold
You are completely missing my point, I am not disputing that sales are going down. I am disputing your use of "discrimination". You made a totally out of line comment and are now bombarding sales charts as a rebuttle. AB can declare BK tonight for all I care. Printing a trans person on a can and having trans stories on a website limited to 21+ is not "discrimination".

Where I work, during black history month (FEB) we get weekly emails about historically relevant African Americans. Is this discrimination against me because I am (basically) white (or not black)?

Pride month is fast approaching, I hope you are ready for a lot more "discrimination" by major companies.....

I'm not missing your point.

The person that made the decision to place Dylan's face on one can of beer was prejudice.

If that person was not prejudice, sales would have likely risen, because of inflation.

Even though volume could have been flat.

The firm placed two people on leave and another executive tried to wiggle around an apology.

All the executive had to do is apologize.

But how can a person apologize if they don't know what they did was wrong?

Sales and the stock are showing the executives were wrong and they have yet to make amends for being wrong.

Research of history is not wrong, no matter what race a person is.

The history itself can be wrong though.
May 23rd, 2023 at 4:47:36 PM permalink
Gandler
I'm not missing your point.

The person that made the decision to place Dylan's face on one can of beer was prejudice.

If that person was not prejudice, sales would have likely risen, because of inflation.

Even though volume could have been flat.

The firm placed two people on leave and another executive tried to wiggle around an apology.

All the executive had to do is apologize.

But how can a person apologize if they don't know what they did was wrong?

Sales and the stock are showing the executives were wrong and they have yet to make amends for being wrong.

Research of history is not wrong, no matter what race a person is.

The history itself can be wrong though.

None of that is discrimination.
May 23rd, 2023 at 5:19:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

The market is not all that complicated.

Beer is a very male-dominated customer base. I would guess about 90%. Most women do not seem to like beer.

Light beer had to be marketed in a very careful way. Lite was at first "diet beer" until they learned men would not buy that. So they got every type of sports celebrity possible to say how they liked a beer that was less filling. Men started to buy it.

Most guys, I would guess 90%, want no part of trans-women and certainly do not want to be associated with a beer that caters to trans women.

IOW, whoever heads up marketing for Bud Light needs to be fired as they are not qualified for the job.

I would not call it "discrimination." Just incompetence.
The President is a fink.
May 23rd, 2023 at 5:50:28 PM permalink
DoubleGold
None of that is discrimination.

Reverse discrimination.

The opposite of discrimination.
May 23rd, 2023 at 5:55:20 PM permalink
DoubleGold
An example could be not having a White History Month but having a Black History Month.

-------------------------------

REVERSE DISCRIMINATION

February 20, 2016
The unfair treatment of members of majority groups, often resulting from preferential policies enacted by the legislature, intended to remedy prior discrimination against members of minority groups.
https://legaldictionary.net/reverse-discrimination/

----------------------------------
May 23rd, 2023 at 6:08:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
The market is not all that complicated.

Beer is a very male-dominated customer base. I would guess about 90%. Most women do not seem to like beer.

Light beer had to be marketed in a very careful way. Lite was at first "diet beer" until they learned men would not buy that. So they got every type of sports celebrity possible to say how they liked a beer that was less filling. Men started to buy it.

Most guys, I would guess 90%, want no part of trans-women and certainly do not want to be associated with a beer that caters to trans women.

IOW, whoever heads up marketing for Bud Light needs to be fired as they are not qualified for the job.

I would not call it "discrimination." Just incompetence.

I agree with most of that except for saying 90% of men won't interact with trans-women that seems like a confabulation. People work with trans everyday with no issue. It's not like trans in the office talk about being trans.

If you said 90% of men won't want to sleep with trans women I would probably agree with some caveats. But, regsrdless:

You guys can post market results and advert history all day. I would agree on pure marketing grounds. My only issue is when people say this is discrimination against non-trans, that is simply absurd.

I am no defender of AB, you can post endless pics of revenue charts and stock projections to try to provoke me. I can assure you I do not care at all. If all alcohol companies lose money we will be better off. Heck AB is one of the worst simply because of their size, so less sales is a good thing in my book.
May 23rd, 2023 at 6:37:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I agree with most of that except for saying 90% of men won't interact with trans-women that seems like a confabulation. People work with trans everyday with no issue. It's not like trans in the office talk about being trans.

If you said 90% of men won't want to sleep with trans women I would probably agree with some caveats.

They "interact" only when forced to. They keep it business only. They do not chat them up at the office, etc. At work smart guys know there is zero to gain but much to lose if they interact beyond business. Trans are after all mentally unstable and the "protected group of the moment." Guys with common sense will stay away.

No idea what "caveats" you want to add. Maybe gay guys would go for one since it is after all another guy they would be going with.
The President is a fink.