BUD (the King of Beers)

May 23rd, 2023 at 6:46:20 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
They "interact" only when forced to. They keep it business only. They do not chat them up at the office, etc. At work smart guys know there is zero to gain but much to lose if they interact beyond business. Trans are after all mentally unstable and the "protected group of the moment." Guys with common sense will stay away.

No idea what "caveats" you want to add. Maybe gay guys would go for one since it is after all another guy they would be going with.

You shouldn't be chatting up anyone in the office. It should always be buisness only. Regardless of gender identity or orientation this is a safe rule both personally and professionally.

But, let's say outside:
If you had a great connection with a woman, and let's say great sex. And, then sometime later, maybe weeks, months, whatever, you find out she transitioned. Would that take away your experience?

You may say it's far fetched and it would never happen, but it does happen. And in a couple cases the men have actually murdered the transitioned women when they were told. So, should the transitioned women just lie the rest of their lives?
May 23rd, 2023 at 10:46:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Dylan wasn't the first person on that beer..

Quote:
Carson King raised more than $1 million for an Iowa children’s hospital, borne out of a request for beer money on national TV

Though they cut ties with Carson later when some racist tweets of his showed up on social media.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 24th, 2023 at 1:51:01 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Good post.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The first wrong action was likely the reason for the wrong reaction.

The correct course of action, could be to admit the firm was wrong, formally apologize to those offended, and pledge not do it again.

So BUD (NYSE) was wrong because they discriminated on a can using Carson King against minorities.

Then to erroneously correct the wrong, BUD committed another wrong with reverse discrimination on a can using Dylan Mulvaney against the majority.

We see this with society all the time with employment quotas for diversity.

Folks discriminated against minorities of race and sex and then to make matters worse, others implement quotas for the minorities against the majority.

So what happened after the second wrong, is we became less productive because the best persons weren't always selected for employment.
May 24th, 2023 at 2:27:02 AM permalink
DoubleGold
In the reverse discrimination case, where a white male applies for a job, he might have not have discriminated against race and/or sex.

But could be penalized by not being hired for someone else previously being prejudice.

That is wrong.

With a firm that's prejudice, like BUD, they're already guilty and they attempt to do it over and over again.
May 24th, 2023 at 3:29:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Gandler
You shouldn't be chatting up anyone in the office. It should always be buisness only. Regardless of gender identity or orientation this is a safe rule both personally and professionally.

What kind of office do you work at? People talk non-business at the office all the time. How was your weekend? Did you like the game last night? It is normal. Not everyone chats with everyone, you make "work friends" and that is who you more talk to.

But there are people you shy away from. Some you get along with and some you do not. Some you have little common interest with outside work. Sometimes there are people who are just trouble like the woman looking to be offended and run to HR. Those you do not talk about anything but work.

Quote:
But, let's say outside:
If you had a great connection with a woman, and let's say great sex. And, then sometime later, maybe weeks, months, whatever, you find out she transitioned. Would that take away your experience?

Take away from it? It would make me want to throw up at the least. I would never want to see them or hear from them again. I would be sick about it for some time.

Quote:
You may say it's far fetched and it would never happen, but it does happen. And in a couple cases the men have actually murdered the transitioned women when they were told. So, should the transitioned women just lie the rest of their lives?

I have heard about that and honestly I would probably vote to acquit them. The transitioned woman man should tell any guy who she they want to get involved with that they are a guy who had surgery before any suggestion of intimacy. I would be in favor of requiring it on dating sites. I would be in favor of a law where if they did not disclose it and it became the reason for divorce the trans gets $0 in the settlement.
The President is a fink.
May 24th, 2023 at 4:58:55 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
This week I have been drinking Tecate. I don't ever recall having it before but I kind of like it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 24th, 2023 at 6:08:36 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DoubleGold
Leaving the beer can alone would be neutral.

Have to leave out sex and race when marketing because someone will always be affected negatively.

It's a no-win situation.

It's reverse discrimination because not everyone is transsexual.

That's an absolutely ridiculous statement. By that standard, you could never have a spokesperson or a picture of a person on anything.

"Not everyone," is (insert thing) so is every possible action involving a person either discrimination or reverse discrimination?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 24th, 2023 at 6:13:10 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler

But, let's say outside:

No. If they are interested in men, then they should tell the truth and copulate with the men who wish to be with them.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 24th, 2023 at 6:17:36 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Mission146
That's an absolutely ridiculous statement. By that standard, you could never have a spokesperson or a picture of a person on anything.

"Not everyone," is (insert thing) so is every possible action involving a person either discrimination or reverse discrimination?

Any action that offends a majority or minority could be wrong.

If the action is wrong, then it's not sustainable.
May 24th, 2023 at 6:20:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
What kind of office do you work at? People talk non-business at the office all the time. How was your weekend? Did you like the game last night? It is normal. Not everyone chats with everyone, you make "work friends" and that is who you more talk to.

I think Gandler is talking about what should be, not what is the case.

How was your weekend?---None of your business.

Did you like the game last night?---That is not work-related.

My advice in the current climate is to quit making, 'Work friends,' with people. Much like you say about engendering yourself (heh) to a transexual individual, I would actually extrapolate on that and suggest that interacting with people in the (physical) work environment always has a greater potential for negative than it does for positive results.

Best case scenario-I have a friend. So what? I can get those elsewhere.

Quote:
But there are people you shy away from. Some you get along with and some you do not. Some you have little common interest with outside work. Sometimes there are people who are just trouble like the woman looking to be offended and run to HR. Those you do not talk about anything but work.

Do you know what I call someone who makes unfounded complaints to management? "Fired." Most women in the office aren't there to connive and try to drum up bogus HR complaints. What benefit is there getting someone terminated?

Quote:
Take away from it? It would make me want to throw up at the least. I would never want to see them or hear from them again. I would be sick about it for some time.

I wouldn't be sick, but I'd immediately discontinue the relationship. Vomiting isn't going to change that it happened.

Quote:
I have heard about that and honestly I would probably vote to acquit them. The transitioned woman man should tell any guy who she they want to get involved with that they are a guy who had surgery before any suggestion of intimacy. I would be in favor of requiring it on dating sites. I would be in favor of a law where if they did not disclose it and it became the reason for divorce the trans gets $0 in the settlement.

I agree they should tell the guy upfront, but murder is still murder. Most people have something that they don't reveal until the later stages of a relationship.