Google: People Also Ask

June 11th, 2023 at 6:37:32 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: DoubleGold
I watch this BamaBass guy's channel in Alabama.

He took a piece of land, built a 5 acre pond, and is studying the bass in his own way.
He could probably tell you , I'm sure he stocks it, do that and look out for somebody poaching your fish

as a teenager we went and did this to a pond a guy stocked. Huge bass in it, we carted off a large number and had so much fun, and a great meal out of it. Me, I do something like this and normally I'm tortured the rest of my life with guilt over it. But for some reason I cherish this memory and can't summon up the tiniest bit of remorse!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 11th, 2023 at 6:59:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You probably heard it, but

Steven Wright Quotes​​ There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 11th, 2023 at 7:25:14 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
You probably heard it, but

Steven Wright Quotes​​ There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
not to seem like I'm taking that too seriously, but hunting and fishing involve a lot of 'getting skunked' experiences. Though for my favorite fishing spot, I haven't had that happen unless you count not catching any large fish.

As for hunting, I sometimes go years without getting a turkey. Honest, legal hunting is a lot about the ones that got away.

I often say anybody who doesn't get his main satisfaction from just being outdoors enjoying the water and the woods is probably going to give it up, or maybe turn to illegal methods.
June 11th, 2023 at 8:08:12 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: odiousgambit

I often say anybody who doesn't get his main satisfaction from just being outdoors enjoying the water and the woods is probably going to give it up, or maybe turn to illegal methods.

I don't find either fishing or hunting fun. It is an experience, a chore, a means to an end but it is not fun for me.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 11th, 2023 at 8:21:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
not to seem like I'm taking that too seriously, but hunting and fishing involve a lot of 'getting skunked' experiences. Though for my favorite fishing spot, I haven't had that happen unless you count not catching any large fish.

As for hunting, I sometimes go years without getting a turkey. Honest, legal hunting is a lot about the ones that got away.

You got it easy. Hunt rabbits with a boomerang.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 11th, 2023 at 8:40:02 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
He could probably tell you , I'm sure he stocks it, do that and look out for somebody poaching your fish

as a teenager we went and did this to a pond a guy stocked. Huge bass in it, we carted off a large number and had so much fun, and a great meal out of it. Me, I do something like this and normally I'm tortured the rest of my life with guilt over it. But for some reason I cherish this memory and can't summon up the tiniest bit of remorse!

Learning from nature what she has to say is interesting.

It's like therapy to me.

The person stocked the bait fish first (minnows and bream).

Then let time go by.

He feeds the bait fish with an automatic feeder.

Then as fingerlings, stocked a hybrid black bass that are fierce predators.

He shows how they are in his aquariums, miniature pond, and then underwater cameras in his large pond.

He wants the bait fish to survive, using various structures to hide in.
June 12th, 2023 at 3:41:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
the answer to this one depends on who you ask, if you do it different you get a different answer

when I was young, I was pretty sure there would be attempts to outlaw hunting. That has never died, but never come close to happening either. I may live to see it in some state, though, before I die. Far enough in the future, maybe it will be completely outlawed, I'm not sure.

>>>

How is hunting not cruel?

Ethical hunters and wildlife managers are good marksmen. They make clean kills which means that death is instant and the animal does not suffer. The use of guns in wildlife management is more humane than letting animals starve to death

_

Is it ethical to go hunting?

Critics often argue that hunting is immoral because it requires intentionally inflicting harm on innocent creatures. Even people who are not comfortable extending legal rights to beasts should acknowledge that many animals are sentient—that is, they have the capacity to suffer

_

Is hunting morally wrong?

All types of hunting are morally justifiable if they benefit the target game animal and its ecosystem. Hunting is also therapeutic, providing a let-out in the domestic environment. Whether it's for sport or subsistence, hunting that also benefits game is moral and entirely defensible

_

Is PETA against hunting?

PETA opposes all violence, whether the victims are animals or humans. We inform people about hunting, which is nothing more than a violent form of entertainment that almost no one needs for survival.
June 12th, 2023 at 3:56:45 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
This movie had three episodes so far and takes place in Vancouver Island.

It's an eye-opener, related to the death of animals.

They're mostly carnivores trying to reproduce.

Most if not all are trapped on the island (or a part of the island).

The weak ones get eaten.

Two events occur in the area each year saving them, herring and salmon migrations.

------------------------

Island of the Sea Wolves

https://www.netflix.com/br-en/title/81341781

------------------------
June 12th, 2023 at 7:21:01 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I asked chatGPT too

>>>

The ethics of hunting is a complex and debated topic, with varying perspectives and cultural contexts. Different individuals and societies hold diverse viewpoints on the matter. Here are some key points to consider when discussing the ethics of hunting:

Conservation and sustainability: Some argue that responsible hunting can contribute to wildlife conservation and population management. By regulating and controlling animal populations, hunting can help maintain balanced ecosystems and protect habitats.

Animal welfare: Critics of hunting raise concerns about the welfare and suffering of animals. They argue that killing animals for sport or recreational purposes is unnecessary and can inflict pain and distress on sentient beings.

Cultural and subsistence practices: Hunting has been an integral part of many indigenous cultures and traditional practices for subsistence. It is essential to respect and understand the cultural significance of hunting within those communities.

Alternative forms of recreation: Critics of hunting also suggest that recreational activities can be pursued without causing harm to animals. They advocate for activities such as wildlife photography or ecotourism as alternatives to hunting.

Regulations and ethics: Hunting practices can vary greatly depending on local laws and regulations. It is crucial to abide by these regulations and follow ethical guidelines that prioritize fair chase, quick and humane kills, and responsible wildlife management.

Ultimately, opinions on the ethics of hunting differ, and it is a subjective matter influenced by cultural, environmental, and personal beliefs. It is important to engage in informed discussions, consider diverse perspectives, and make well-informed decisions that align with your values and local regulations.
June 12th, 2023 at 9:28:46 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I had chatGPTwrite a poem about odiousgambit. Evidently a username you've had for a while will exist in cyberspace, which you can prove by googling it. Chatgbt finds that easily. My signature line is now the first lines of that poem